koolba123

Optimization

(Another forum poster has posted this suggestion before, back in 2014 and his name is Sooden.)

Hello, i've played Dayz Standalone since day 2, my suggestion for now is focusing on optimization so we atleast can get 40 or more fps in big cities. The items in the game so far is very good and all i need to start playing every day again is more than 20 fps in elektro and cherno.

I have no intentions of mocking the devs because i know they're working their asses off just to get a good game out, so dont take it the wrong way. 

These are mainly my opinion, you're entitled to your own opinion, im just merely trying to reach out to the devs about this problem :)

• Like 1

You don't optimise an unfinished game which isn't feature complete.

Edited by DemonGroover

These are mainly my opinion, you're entitled to your own opinion, im just merely trying to reach out to the devs about this problem :)

The devs are well aware, and it's not a problem - the game will be optimized once it's feature complete. At the current pace, I'm guessing this will be sometime around 2019, or whenever Half-Life 3 comes out. 

• Like 2

You don't optimise an unfinished game which isn't feature complete.

Game is barely playable. Users rewievs now show that 20% of reviewers are not satisfied with current state of dayz. Mostly because of bad framerate. And you tell me that they will add more features and then optimise damn thing? This excuse is silly, they add all sort of nonsense stuff that nodoby asked them to add. In the next update there will be something like "look we added pogo stick, you know, you wanted it and asked for it right? remember game is WIP next we will add improved potato planting, stay safe".

I am pretty sure that they can add more features that nobody asked them to add and keep performance well.

For me there is no difference between low graphical settings and high, everything looks pretty much the same, fps is the same. Around 40-60 in plain feild and 20-22 in any city. This is rediculous, but of cource "this is aplha". 

Game is barely playable. Users rewievs now show that 20% of reviewers are not satisfied with current state of dayz. Mostly because of bad framerate. And you tell me that they will add more features and then optimise damn thing? This excuse is silly, they add all sort of nonsense stuff that nodoby asked them to add. In the next update there will be something like "look we added pogo stick, you know, you wanted it and asked for it right? remember game is WIP next we will add improved potato planting, stay safe".

I am pretty sure that they can add more features that nobody asked them to add and keep performance well.

For me there is no difference between low graphical settings and high, everything looks pretty much the same, fps is the same. Around 40-60 in plain feild and 20-22 in any city. This is rediculous, but of cource "this is aplha".

Ahem... I don't want to argue with people that don't understand what alpha and beta mean, but I gotta tell you that even my crappy Mac runs the game well enough. If your pc can't handle it, I suggest you upgrade it.

Ahem... I don't want to argue with people that don't understand what alpha and beta mean, but I gotta tell you that even my crappy Mac runs the game well enough. If your pc can't handle it, I suggest you upgrade it.

Right cuz FX8350, 8gigs of ram and GTX 750Ti not enough for mighty dayz. Of cource.

Maybe even people with core i7 5gen should upgarde??

I know what alpha and beta means, all I wanted to say is devs should listen to community.

Right cuz FX8350, 8gigs of ram and GTX 750Ti not enough for mighty dayz. Of cource.

Maybe even people with core i7 5gen should upgarde??

I know what alpha and beta means, all I wanted to say is devs should listen to community.

Optimization comes in beta. Features come in alpha.

Optimization comes in beta. Features come in alpha.

Ok, if devs will eventually release beta we will see, until then enjoy 20 fps and pogo sticks updates.

Ok, if devs will eventually release beta we will see, until then enjoy 20 fps and pogo sticks updates.

Yeah? 20 fps ain't even bad.

Yes, the people who build games for a living should stop what they are doing, put their work on hold and listen to the demands of a bunch of entitled thirteen-year-olds.

Example: A big contributor to low fps in towns is as a result of the lack of proper occlusion culling in the current renderer. Even though the devs are actively writing a new renderer which will completely replace the legacy unit, they should stop what they are doing and add occlusion culling to the existing renderer. Never mind that the current renderer will be discarded and thrown in the trash in a few months and all of that work would be a massive waste of everyone's time, further delaying the completion of the project, the devs should stop what they are doing and work on this ... for the children. Because, the children know best and they need to be able to PVP in Cherno at 60fps on their antique AMD silicon.

I'm sorry, but the Bulldozer has no better single core performance for gaming, than the Phenom II (which was released in 2008!) that it replaced. Moore's law marches on and time has not been kind to that design. Even the CEO of AMD recently acknowledged that they have become known for being the "Cheaper Solution" rather than as a technology leader. I've been an AMD fanboy, since I first installed an AMD math co-processor in my i286 machine. But, after all these years, AMD still hasn't given me a compelling reason to upgrade my Phenom II. So, rather than beat my head against the wall and complain about poor performance, I now run Intel hardware. You get what you pay for.

• Like 2

Yes, the people who build games for a living should stop what they are doing, put their work on hold and listen to the demands of a bunch of entitled thirteen-year-olds.

Example: A big contributor to low fps in towns is as a result of the lack of proper occlusion culling in the current renderer. Even though the devs are actively writing a new renderer which will completely replace the legacy unit, they should stop what they are doing and add occlusion culling to the existing renderer. Never mind that the current renderer will be discarded and thrown in the trash in a few months and all of that work would be a massive waste of everyone's time, further delaying the completion of the project, the devs should stop what they are doing and work on this ... for the children. Because, the children know best and they need to be able to PVP in Cherno at 60fps on their antique AMD silicon.

I'm sorry, but the Bulldozer has no better single core performance for gaming, than the Phenom II (which was released in 2008!) that it replaced. Moore's law marches on and time has not been kind to that design. Even the CEO of AMD recently acknowledged that they have become known for being the "Cheaper Solution" rather than as a technology leader. I've been an AMD fanboy, since I first installed an AMD math co-processor in my i286 machine. But, after all these years, AMD still hasn't given me a compelling reason to upgrade my Phenom II. So, rather than beat my head against the wall and complain about poor performance, I now run Intel hardware. You get what you pay for.

Yeah, cuz dayz "worth upgrading", every other game works just fine, but no!! I should updrage. Of course. 

Kid do you even realize that optimisation for such games is vital? Devs promissed new renderer in the begining of Q1, we are at the end of Q2, performanse is still awful kid. 

God fanboy kids are sooo annoying.

Really? 20 fps is ok for you? LOL

Please follow the dev reports and comments.

The devs are working on the game, there is no reason to suggest that they carry on doing it.