roguetrooper

Ping and desync indicators removed?

Why the heck have the ping and desync indicators been removed (in the player list) ?? While I see that it's (more or less) unnecessary to see other people's ping, I don't see any reason why you can't see your own ping/desync any more (as important as the indicatiors how far you are from starving or dehydration).

Once again I vote for an OPTIONAL unobstrusive ping and desync display all the time on the screen (small numericals in a definable corner of the screen).

Edited by RogueTrooper
  • Like 1

I say you have to hit the player list button to show it, it was good before, probably a bug, since they didn't remove the player list.

I first noticed that this was missing in exp, and was slightly annoyed to see it gone in stable.

Would be nice if it showed for yourself, but there was a lot of meta gaming potential with seeing other people's desync at least.

I'm fairly confident you could tell if anyone was within your network bubble/how far they are by their desync.  And you could also potentially tell anyone on the server in a vehicle by it too.

But yeah, seeing your own is nice to know.  Especially when servers get choppy and you want to confirm with your friends if it's just you or not.

I (used to) check my ping and desync every time when I was about to change my equipment. For example when taking a new backpack where you have to store your stuff in the new or old backpack on the ground while dragging/clicking your stuff into the new one. Never did this with a desync greater than zero or with a high ping.