Sign in to follow this  
BleedoutBill

Game Freezes - Strange Graphical Artifacts

I was playing Experimental this morning and the game started freezing, crashing my PC and causing all sorts of graphical artifacts. It turns out that a lot of folks with Nvidia cards have similar complaints as a result of the new 352.86 video driver. I rolled back to the 350.12 driver, but the problem persisted!!! > :(

In order to resolve the problem, I had to use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and do a clean install of 350.12.

If you haven't updated your GPU to 352.86, don't!

EDIT: I spoke too soon. The desktop is much more stable, but it is still not fixed. The larger issue is that the machine will crash as soon as I try to run a game (DayZ, Far Cry 4, etc.).

PSA: Do not update your Nvidia driver to 352.86. You will be sorry!!!

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 3

Thanks for the heads up, I won't update mine.  :thumbsup:

I've reverted to 350.12 for good measure but I'm certain that the main problem (for me) was geforce experience always running in the background even after going through msconfig options.
For the little use that I have for shadowplay I decided to not install geforce experience, you might try running 352.86 without if any of your are having problems other than graphic glitches.

Ahhh, I've been getting artifacts in DayZ mod again... I thought it was a problem with 1.8.5, but I guess it's actually the latest Nvidia drivers...

Thanks for this.