Sign in to follow this  
ThatHobbit

Backpack Help

Hello everyone, I just started DayZ yesterday. I've finally got my first semi-kitted character, but I don't quite understand the backpack system. From what I've seen, a new set of inventory slots should come up when I open my pack, but I'm not seeing them. Any ideas why?

Look for the plus and minus tab when in your inventory.  Plus opens up the inventory slots for view, minus minimizes it back down to just the backpack icon.

Hello everyone, I just started DayZ yesterday. I've finally got my first semi-kitted character, but I don't quite understand the backpack system. From what I've seen, a new set of inventory slots should come up when I open my pack, but I'm not seeing them. Any ideas why?

If you want to see you full backpack contents, you have to be looking at a loot item or container, and then go into your inventory then click on the backpack symbol. If you just go into your inventory and click on the backpack you will only see your backpack items on the list on the left hand side, but not the back pack's inventory.

Edited by jimlad

stop playing until the .57 update hits.  getting used to the current inventory system will just make .57's system piss you off.

if you're new, just start getting used to the .57 system on experimental.  consider yourself lucky you won't have to adjust.

stop playing until the .57 update hits.  getting used to the current inventory system will just make .57's system piss you off.

if you're new, just start getting used to the .57 system on experimental.  consider yourself lucky you won't have to adjust.

I think this is the 'mod' section and you are referring to the Stand Alone game. In the mod there is no .56 / .57 version.

In order to fully acces your backpack just click the zipper icon next to it. You will see in the inventory list what is in your backpack and what is on your body with the help of numbers. If you however hover over a item and thén click on your backpack, you will SEE your backpack inventory.