Sign in to follow this  
rick_foster10@hotmail.com

Thinking of playing again... worth it ?

Morning

As the title suggests im thinking of getting back into dayz again.

Is it worth it ?

Does the standalone have that sense of adventure that the game used to have many moons ago. Is there still some good pvp to be had rather than everyone knocking about in elektro like its deathmatch.

i want that thrill that i usdd to get of seeing players in a town having not seen anyone for 3hours or so.

Am i wishful thinking or is it worth playing again ?

Cheers!

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/225216-what-is-it-that-drives-you-to-play-dayz-a-lot/#entry2265924

It's worth playing if you used to play the Mod, just to experience the differences. Get an idea what's happening. If you liked the Mod how can you NOT check out SA ??

no it's not worth playing

so why do I play it ?

because it's worth playing

obviously

Do you still have SA installed, because you played before, right ? If not, just buy it. It's the kind of game you can drop in anytime. after a hard day, play DayZ, get frustrated, scare yourself, have a couple of shocks.. forget the day.. wow .. feel good..

My advice is go play, and decide for yourself. The great thing about this game is you can (should) find out on your own if it's worth playing. You don't need to have a peer-group opinion about it.

You can do what you like.

Or you can run with a group and do the same as them.

What you find in the game is what you bring to it.

Plenty people find this frightening .. they don't like going out in front and inventing the play for themselves, They want to have rails laid down, or they get worried and sad.

But YES - there are many groups that already have fixed play styles, Find them on these forums. They do funny pvp, or serious pvp, or mil sim, or vigilante, or RP, or peaceful hunter-farmers, or bandits or survival or yolo.. there's a group to suit ANY taste. Check it out and GO for it. [ heh, I'll be the guy in the woods trying to wreck your group's day :) ]

Mainly - what you bring to the game is what you get out of it. That's fun.

And its still developing, so you are in the process and that's fun too - try playing experimental, there's a different attitude over there IMO.

The first time you get a serious scare - you won't ask these questions anymore

ENJOY , OK ,

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224695-dayz-is-the-greatest-game-ever-made/#entry2259284

Edited by pilgrim

it'll be more worth playing in a week or so when .57 comes out.  if you play before then, everything you get will get wiped.

^^^ This ... I'm just sticking to the mod at the moment, standalone has no zombies right now unless you play on experimental servers (well didn't last time I logged on) and there will be a wipe as Red_Ensign said once they do get things sorted.

Edited by SaveMeJebus

^

I was fighting zombies today - don't know why, but I was not on experimental

yes! :P

Ya know I got a warnings one time for stating a simple answer like that.

No it wasn't a warning it just got moved w/e

So, if you cam tha. I can.

No.

Edited by ASTINvlogs

no pvp in dayz right now. At least not a 1% as fun as in other FPS shooters.  Surviving by the way its cool atm, if you join PERSISTENCE ON server (all your stuff: weapons and backpack only will be safe (they will not disappear)

Ya know I got a warnings one time for stating a simple answer like that.

No it wasn't a warning it just got moved w/e

So, if you cam tha. I can.

No.

/excited ! yes is still a reply!

/excited ! yes is still a reply!

I just find it a bit hypocritical that a mod will remove a post of " no " for lack of information and input

and not a post of " yes ".

plus, I've been trying to get banned for a number of days now so I have to do things like this. :-)

• Like 1

I would say to check it out again. Depending on how long it's been since you played. There have been some good changes recently that are worth checking out as well as some good stuff coming with .57. CLE really made things a struggle to survive and pushed some players inland for gear/supplies.

You are correct however that many/most still hang around the coast looking for PvP. I play on high pops, 40-50 and rarely see anyone outside of the coast (including military locations). Go to the coast and your tripping over survivors.

Edited by 8bit_Survivor