Sign in to follow this  
robophant

Actual game status

So far it sums up to this:

- still very frustrating gameplay and general clunkyness

- slowest progress ever

- there are still bugs which any sane mind would have fixed long time ago. I'm talking about the little annoying bugs, not that huge general bug the whole game is right now. Little bugs (or is it carelessness?) when your character unvoluntary stands up when eating, or when the shitty jump-key just wont work (for whatever reason).

Come on guys, these are basics in any other game. Why are you make it so bugged and clunky?

Release date at this rate: 2025 (if we are lucky)

Edited by robophant
  • Like 1

Oh joy, another one of these.

• Like 1

Or when you can't pick items. Or when you drop and item near a tree the only way you can pick it back up is by chopping down the tree. Or and so on and so forth

• Like 1

Or when you can't pick items. Or when you drop and item near a tree the only way you can pick it back up is by chopping down the tree. Or and so on and so forth

ye them bugs...

sry for the rant but this is getting ridiculous

Well, if you feel the team isn't making progress fast enough, or these "simple bugs" that should of been fixed ages ago just are too frustrating for you to handle, feel free to try and make a game on the scale that DayZ is going for. No one is stopping you <3

Well, if you feel the team isn't making progress fast enough, or these "simple bugs" that should of been fixed ages ago just are too frustrating for you to handle, feel free to try and make a game on the scale that DayZ is going for. No one is stopping you <3

typical answer...

anyway, obviously I "backed" this game because I didn't want to "make a game on the scale that DayZ is going for" by myself. And I did this because I had faith in the dev-team. Right now I am frankly disappointed by both, the rate of progress and the direction the game is heading. And I certainly will not "back" any other game any time soon after this experience.

Edited by robophant
  • Like 1

Missing the point of early access 

“DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.”

Updates are regular with lots of communication from the team 

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/134-developer-discussion-status-reports/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/138-devtracker/

you are not making the game by yourself, dayz is a huge undertaking some bugs take longer as than others they have root causes that are not so obvious. some bugs are lower priority than others.

expect bugs in an alpha game, they will get fixed in time, when the base mechanics are in place.

rgds

• Like 3