Sign in to follow this  
ebrim

Sweating

Firstly to clarify, this isn't about labor practices, sorry to disappoint you if you're really big into 19th century working routine innovations.

When our characters become hot or overheated it would be nice if it accompanied a persistent "damp" status so long as the player is hydrated. Obviously being hot or overheated quickly kills your hydration and therein lies the danger as this sweat while able to cool you down a little can only last so long. What for a normal healthy and hydrated player is a minor thing like being hot for a short term could be dangerous for one not so well off. Additionally with quick changes in temperature from the environment, night coming or the like, sweating could actually be dangerous as it make you more prone to the cold. The particulars don't have to be as I've suggested but introducing a sweat mechanic could be really interesting alongside a new stamina system.

• Like 3

Agreed completely. In my opinion getting hot should give you a wet status effect as well as the current effects, as sweating is how water would be lost in that situation.

• Like 2

Good idea. Fire could cause sweating too, if you sit too close to it, which could really screw you over if you started a fire because you're freezing.

• Like 2

Good idea. Fire could cause sweating too, if you sit too close to it, which could really screw you over if you started a fire because you're freezing.

It's funny, I actually got overheated for the first time in a long time yesterday (since the mechanic was introduced actually) because I was cooking a bunch of pig and then putting the cooked pig steaks into my vest. So I was getting the heat of the fire, plus the heat of the meat, plus not wearing very light gear. Cooking on a stick also makes this more likely as you have to stay by the fire like you didn't have to before. Sweat would definitely be another interesting factor in dealing with fires and heat comfort.

Edited by Ebrim

This would add alot to surviving weather in DayZ! This adds some negative aspects to normally positive action.

As Beef Bacon mentioned, sweating after starting a fire to combat the cold could prove fatal.