Sign in to follow this  
Lipzyncable

Dayz giving me a BSOD

So i played on dayz mod for a few hours, came off to eat my dinner, came back clicked join server. i sit there for 5 mins waiting for everything to load just about to get in, then this blue screen pops up saying theres a corrupted folder or something, ive literally done everything, ive deleted it, reinstalled it redownloaded arma 2 dayz mod on steam go to play again blue screen again, does anyone get this? if so please tell me a fix i really wanna play dayz mod

need to see what the screen says, it should say in the windows error log the exact cause 

fixed your title too for you 

it resets like 1 second after i cant exactly see, but this issue only happens to dayz mod?

right i fixed it again for a few days now ive got it back i managed to copy some of the coding it said "0x00000124" do you know what it is?

Edited by Lipzyncable

yes its a stop code basically its the cpu telling windows that there was an uncorrectable hardware error presented to it by the motherboard.

sorry to say but it may be hardware on the way out or overheating badly i would try cleaning out the pc reseating gpu and cpu with new thermal paste and see if that helps 

if not someone will need to hit up a crash dump and analyze it for your system 

do you get this when you put strain on your system 

If it's any consolation. I get BSOD's as well, about once every twenty hours of playing. It has only started in the last few months though, before it was fine. No idea what causes it...

so i havent played dayz mod in about 3-4 months i went to play it again with new components and i get the 0x00000124 error code again, my cpu tems are about 60 degrees celcius when on arma 2 and dayz mod for the short 10 mins i can play for before the BSOD pops up, i have no idea whats causing it, my setup will be posted below.

I have 5 fans in my case and 1 on my CPU so heats not the issue. and it also says its caused by "Hot Plugging"... please help. :)

OS windows 7

Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 5 Motherboard

Intel Core i5-4690K CPU

Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 Strix

Vengeance 16GB (2x8) DDR3 1600mhz

And also this setup is not even 7 months old i clean my pc each month from dust and stuff like that...

Edited by Lipzyncable