Sign in to follow this  
SMoss

Community Spotlight - 07 May 15

Afternoon survivors,

When going through new posts on the DayZ forums, I also stop by the Gallery section of the forums. It's a nice place to go to for a random mix of content that shows gameplay, rp, pvp, bugs, and other videos that encourage discussion on features/mechanics of DayZ for example.

One of the topics that stood out in the Gallery section was dedicated to “Quinn Bauer's Story”. The forum topic and the story of Quinn Bauer is made by:

F9bvPDs.jpg

As described in the forum topic, the story of Quinn Bauer is as follows:

“This is the story of a country singer that was on tour with his band in Chernarus. The outbreak has forced Quinn to stay here and survive the possible end of the world. Originally with Val Bradley, the only other survivor of Quinn's band along with Lt. H.H. Burke, they travel the land in order to find answers to the events that lead to the dead rising. Quinn also vigorously looks for radio towers in order to try and contact his family back in the US. More people join Quinn and his friends as time goes by and survival eventually becomes the only important thing.”

The entire series is 11 episodes worth. Don't expect massive amounts of pvp action in each episode or anything like that. What you can expect though, and what I enjoyed about the series, is that Quinn shows almost as much of other players and their stories as he does of his own while interacting with these players.

As mentioned, I really enjoyed watching the interaction between Quinn Bauer and other players that take on very creative roles; especially the way his story and narrative was edited/adapted according to the actions of these players that he meets on the server is well executed. I had a great time following the series, and it was quite enjoyable to watch the way the story builds up towards the last episode (nicely made ending btw) as well as seeing how small bits of visual trickery goes a long way in terms of conveying Quinn Bauer's story and experiences as he tries to reach his family. 

As a taster, the first three episodes of the series are embedded below, but I'd definitely recommend giving the entire series a chance (full series found Here).

As always, if interested in more, please feel free to follow Gaming Roach Entertainment via his Youtube account.

- Michael aka SMoss / Community Manager

• Like 9

It's a true honor to have been featured SMoss :D 

Thank you so much for this opportunity.

And to all that are new to this series, welcome to Quinn Bauer's world. I hope you will enjoy :D