Sign in to follow this  
tehkalashnikov

First time experience

So yesterday was the first time I have ever played dayz standalone. Beyond a couple crashes and a little rubber banding into the punch of a zombie it was a lot of fun. Ive figured out I am going to have be a little more cautions and hard edged with people. I ran into my first person at some town near NW airfield. I saw him way before he saw me, I tried to avoid him but we ended up bumping into each other. I kept my distance and said "hey man." It took him literally a minute to figure out I was about 50 ft behind him and standing still with my ax lowered. He tries to take cover on a corner of a house and then shoots me in the face. I hear him in VOIP saying "sorry man, ive died too many times like this to take a chance." LOL I would probably be mad if he didnt look absolutely stupid trying to take cover and then hard scoping me with a shotty. If i had any ammo, i could have probably wasted him 3-4 times in the time it took him to locate and draw a bead on me. 

To that guy, grow a pair buddy. If you want to be bandit, rob me, dont shoot someone who isnt trying to do anything to you and give some crap excuse lol. I hope the LRS and all the crap in my backpack was ruined. I realize I gave him too much of a chance and didnt read in my blurry zombie beaten blood loss state that he was intending to shoot me in the face, I could barely make him out in the blurr. Its probably more my fault, in giving him the chance. He didnt see me, I should have just backed off. 

Anyways, I spawned in front of douche rocks. Logged in the woods not far so, I dont expect to live long heading into Electro. We will see though.

• Like 1

turn off post process and it stops the blur, u can still tell when gonna die soon as black and white

• Like 1

here's a tip tehkalashnikov - sometimes the blur sticks around after it should have cleared up

If you open you video settings in the game, and dont change them, just close them again, then the blur goes away immediately

it's worth trying.. i used to wander around after zobie attacks in a blur. i think its the 'shock' and sometimes it stays, took me a while to understand this  - so try it as soon as you're out of danger, takes 10 seconds see if it works.

DayZ = good game, enjoy

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

Killing post process made the game so much clearer. I will try that next time pilgrim. Im dying for the work day to end so I can go get some more time into dayz. I honestly dont care if I get blown away in elektro or half way to my goal of nw airfield. Im pretty happy to be playing it after so long wanting to. One thing is for sure, seeing streamers and youtube videos on people gearing up, it aint that easy. I was over 4 hours last night and had ammo for guns i didnt have and no ammo for guns i did. Food was a major problem for a while then water was a major problem. Balancing it all can be a challenge. It was definitely a lot of fun. Its already a good game, I cannot wait to see what the finished product will be. 

Edited by tehkalashnikov
  • Like 1

Yeah. Loot system is broken. It's very lean until you get to the NW military sites where its a lootsplosion. Waiting for the loot spawning to get fixed.

OP, you think that's bad? Your deaths will become that much more painful, the longer you manage to stay alive. Welcome to the most masochistic, bar none, 'game' ever created.