Vipeax

DayZ Maintenance ~ Should be functional again

From the official Dayz twitter:

Services have now been restored thanks to solid efforts from Ander and Viper. Although there may be additional outages at any time.

-Rocket

Lol the massive ban-wave by BattleEye seems to have ruffled some feathers.

The only thing slightly annoying about all this is everybody calling these people "hackers"

Renting a decent bot-net doesn't make you a hacker' date=' it makes you a rent-a-bomb faggot.

[/quote']

hacker, script-kiddie, scumbag, all the same, it doesn't matter anymore. the term hacker used to be a compliment for some exceptional skills with the keyboard, these days it makes you look shady and untrustworthy.

so, who cares - at the end of the day its just one sad prick going nuts on the internet, noone will talk about it tomorrow, while we will continue to play dayz.

From the official Dayz twitter:

Services have now been restored thanks to solid efforts from Ander and Viper. Although there may be additional outages at any time.

-Rocket

This message is strange... as i see there's nothing to "restore", it's more like: "when the kid gets bored, the service will reprise, but it will go down again whenever the same guy has nothing better to do...".

There's no realiable way to stop a DDOS attack, you may eventually filter certain sources and do packet filtering, but you won't go far, you only need to hope the attacker get bored or that most of his botnet goes down. This is why the DDOS attacks are the most hated ones: they can be used by a 12yo kid without any knowledge, and it's pretty hard to stop (or impossible to avoid) for the victim. It's like giving a nuclear weapon to a monkey.

You must have so much to do in your life to DDOS DayZ , Damn! Everbody is proud mr GreenArrow the invisible one.

Instead of DDOS' ing DayZ Start DDOS'ing Sony or Microsoft when you do that we will Clap for you

I don't think Greenarrow understands that he is fucking with a major gaming company..... I will be the one laughing when he gets arrested. BIS arent stupid, they will find you...

This message is strange... as i see there's nothing to "restore"' date=' it's more like: "when the kid gets bored, the service will reprise, but it will go down again whenever the same guy has nothing better to do...".

[/quote']

No. Some things were solvable, including what makes you read this post.

Is anyone still getting "Waiting for character to create"? I'm getting this on all servers

I will send you my bill for 1 Lee Enfield' date=' one hatchet, hunting knife, watch, 6 clips for the Lee, 2 cans of beans and 4 pepsis.

In all seriousness, though... its more fun FINDING the stuff than using it so... thanks for your hard work and no harm with the loss of gear.

Anyone who is complaining about losing gear probably deserves to lose it... it means you had too much ;)

[/quote']

What you are saying makes no sense. If someone values something, that person deserves to lose it? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Ah well at least we can take joy in the fact that this kid is super mad because he got banned for using scripts in game

LOLOLOLOLOL UNLUCKY FAGGOT xD

EDIT: Also hes paying money for this rofl jokes on you buddy HAHAHHAAA

I got in and saw a survivor aiming at me. I run into a house and after i got to the 2nd floor i randomly fell and die.... Can't get in again now... Thank you.. whoever did this...

....ffs, got my mother-in-law here, please please "script-kiddie" lemme in and get busy.. or I must be social once the mrs. notice I dont game.

I feel fu**ed up like old B****, Yes nothing happens, i get back my gear in 1h or two? :@ NO! It takes me week or longer!

Maybye DayZ team can restore server to point where attack take place?

For now my Adventure with DayZ going to end, great adventure BTW, what a shame:(

Waiting for DayZ Stuff move...

And i suppose i'm not alone with this.

I feel fu**ed up like old B****' date=' Yes nothing happens, i get back my gear in 1h or two? :@ NO! It takes me week or longer!

Maybye DayZ team can restore server?

For now my Adventure with DayZ going to end, great adventure BTW, what a shame:(

Waiting for DayZ Stuff move...

[/quote']

maybe you shouldn't play the game while the servers being DDOSed? Only half decent thing I see in that picture is the NVGs. Chopper Crash sites ftw.

We found 7 in an hour yesterday :D

Miro, please understand that we are sorry and do care, but at the same time just can't use the time we have on restoring over 100.000 characters, we simply have too much going on to do so.

If the Script Kiddie is identified I vote you post his pertinent details like name, address etc. publicly to the community. That way, the closest of us to whomever it is can just go eat him. Eat the hackers. Problem solved!

Miro' date=' please understand that we are sorry and do care, but at the same time just can't use the time we have on restoring over 100.000 characters, we simply have too much going on to do so.

[/quote']

We understand this, keep up the good work guys. People just need to vent ^^

Miro' date=' please understand that we are sorry and do care, but at the same time just can't use the time we have on restoring over 100.000 characters, we simply have too much going on to do so.

[/quote']

Any info why rocket doesnt announce any ETA for the patch? At lest smth like "this month" or " next two weeks" ?