Vipeax

DayZ Maintenance ~ Should be functional again

just one thing:

THANK YOU DEVELOPERS!

This is the first time i see a dev team puting the time in GMT. Now i dont have to learn all those north-east-pacific-spring-half-daytime-temporary hours to know when something will happen.

(adendum: here in Brasil we learn timezones at the 5th grade...)

Alright' date=' server hosters should be able to give their server a reboot and server. Restarted servers should let you enter and play.

Please confirm.

[/quote']

I can confirm my server is up

Just joined US128, working just fine.

Thanks for sticking along everyone :).

Resetting all player's might be a good idea after every new major patch to sort new bug's with old one's :)

Yeah! No.

Alright' date=' locations of people off the map have been reset to spawn at the beach. The gear you had at the moment the Hive was taken offline will still be there. Any missing items CAN NOT and WILL NOT be restored. Sending us mails, PMs, screenshots etc will not change anything regarding this subject. We are sorry, but that's the way it is.

[/quote']

Don't you think - Reset ALL player items will be a really good decisions, so everyone would be in the same place?

You think everybody should be in the same place? Then everybody should have access to every vehicle, every weapon, every bean. Life is not fair, this game is not fair. Some people get their stuff destroyed by buggs or cheaters. "I lost my stuff to a cheater! Reset everybody's characters!"

Im talking about sorting out new bug's from the old, we are alpha tester's after all and you all complain about bug's so at least if all was reset we could report the bug's better...

When I design my mission's I reset all to 0 to make bug hunting easier...

im just wounding what time it will be back on in Central Time bc its 7 am and been trying to play for about 5 to 10 hrs now and haven't been able to

Google is your friend. I'm sure you can figure out what time 4pm GMT is in central time. Seriously, you were able to figure out how to install and play, but not how to tell time differences?

Sorry to sound so condescending, but dude... it's time zones... not like it's something new that has recently sprung up around the world.

All the butthurt. Man people should grow up and quit bitching, cheating, and DDoSing crap.

1. People did pay for this in a way. ArmA sales have gone through the roof because of this.

2. Paid or not, it's still alpha, and a mod so there are going to be some issues even if it weren't alpha.

3. I don't think it would be a good idea to make it a closed alpha at this point because:

- sales

- the more people trying to break it now means the more bugs that will be fixed

- Better to learn how to deal with asswipes now than when it's 'stable'

Personally, I'd gladly trade a day or two of downtime to help weed out some issues. That's the whole point of what we're supposed to be doing. Playing, testing, providing input, and then waiting for changes. Being able to play it is simply a bonus at this point.

Hey Vipeax,

1 week ago, you have sayed, that the problem with ArmaX & ArmaRST can be patched by an Hive-Update..

Why you dont fix it now? ... It was the perfect moment ._.

Probably saved me a few deaths with the servers being down :P

Thx for the effort guys at getting stuff restored.

All the butthurt. Man people should grow up and quit bitching' date=' cheating, and DDoSing crap.

1. People did pay for this in a way. ArmA sales have gone through the roof because of this.

2. Paid or not, it's still alpha, and a mod so there are going to be some issues even if it weren't alpha.

3. I don't think it would be a good idea to make it a closed alpha at this point because:

- sales

- the more people trying to break it now means the more bugs that will be fixed

- Better to learn how to deal with asswipes now than when it's 'stable'

Personally, I'd gladly trade a day or two of downtime to help weed out some issues. That's the whole point of what we're supposed to be doing. Playing, testing, providing input, and then waiting for changes. Being able to play it is simply a bonus at this point.

[/quote']

Exactly my point.

Everyone moaning cause they cant play the game and they don't give a crap about sorting out bug's, they just want bean's etc...

Hey Vipeax' date='

1 week ago, you have sayed, that the problem with ArmaX & ArmaRST can be patched by an Hive-Update..

Why you dont fix it now? ... It was the perfect moment ._.

[/quote']

That update also requires 1.7.2 and a server-side code upgrade (which will go from 1.7.1.3 to 1.7.2 as well). Rocket just moved cities and is having an event to attend in the UK. It will be a while. Circumstances... Sorry :/.

The Hive is ready for it now though.

Alright' date=' locations of people off the map have been reset to spawn at the beach. The gear you had at the moment the Hive was taken offline will still be there. Any missing items CAN NOT and WILL NOT be restored. Sending us mails, PMs, screenshots etc will not change anything regarding this subject. We are sorry, but that's the way it is.

[/quote']

Don't you think - Reset ALL player items will be a really good decisions, so everyone would be in the same place?

You think everybody should be in the same place? Then everybody should have access to every vehicle, every weapon, every bean. Life is not fair, this game is not fair. Some people get their stuff destroyed by buggs or cheaters. "I lost my stuff to a cheater! Reset everybody's characters!"

i aggre with resettting every chars from time to time during major releases, how every there should be warning about before hand, in its own "locked" post hehe help stop cryers

[/quote']

i aggre with resettting every chars from time to time during major releases, how every there should be warning about before hand, in its own "locked" post hehe help stop cryers

They could reset the characters to help find bugs early in, yes. But I'd say that most bugs occur "late-game". Thus it is better that people get to keep their characters. People die constantly anyhow. So I think it's fine the way it is now.

Alright, server hosters should be able to give their server a reboot to get them into a responsive state again

Please confirm.

solved