Vipeax

DayZ Maintenance ~ Should be functional again

Don't be fooled guys: all servers I have tried had many people stuck in lobby. All were stuck on "Waiting for character to create". So maybe we have to wait a little longer before we can play again.

Don't be fooled guys: all servers I have tried had many people stuck in lobby. All were stuck on "Waiting for character to create". So maybe we have to wait a little longer before we can play again.

Yes, it's the same for me.

Whats the current state of play ? If I try to log in am I going to lose stuff?

Have I lost my stuff even if I don't log in ?

This is why it'd be great to be able to play offline, goddamn "waiting for character to create" screen for hours

Playing offline would mean everybody went offline to get all the best equip, then online to kill everybody else. It wouldnt be good.

What you are saying makes no sense. If someone values something' date=' that person deserves to lose it?

[/quote']

Yes. Don't get attached to your gear.

I'm gonna go right ahead and call you stupid. If I am attached to my family, I don't deserve one? Is it the same IRL? I am very attached to my gear, how the fuc* do I deserve to lose it then? Maybe I've walked through hell and back for that gear. Know what? You're not even worth my time.

you compare the value of items ingame with the value of your family members?

i wouldnt want to be in your family...

and you are completely missing the point of this mod. but who am i to say that...

probably you are the nr.1 progam0r in dayz and noone cares o.o

Whats the current state of play ? If I try to log in am I going to lose stuff?

Have I lost my stuff even if I don't log in ?

If you havn't logged in yet and don't wanna loose your stuff, then don't log in for now if i were you.

It's a mod' date=' and it's in alpha. Take a deep breath my friend - probably other things in your life that you may want to reserve this level of "give a crap" for.

Hope you have a better day!

[/quote']

You can't care for more than one thing? Everyone are attached to their gear. At least to some degree.

Woah there, killer - you're preaching to the choir.

Make a tad bit sense, please.

All right, I'll bite. The prompt is to make a "tad bit sense", which in and of itself doesn't really make sense... But OK! Here goes.

1. You seemed angry, I tried to help you by contextualizing your issues, coming from a position of empathy- I was feeling the same rage.

2. You then turned your anger on me.

3. I let you know that our viewpoints are the same, there is no need to argue.

4. You asked me to make a "tad bit sense"

5. I wrote this post in hopes that you would read it and realize nobody is fighting with you.

6. You will probably flame this post as well.

I'm not angry, you see. When people call me angry while I'm not, that's when I start to get angry. It's a vicious cycle, kind off. You might think that I was mad, I was not.

Yeah dont log in. ATM they are mocking us on the UK 22 server with music spam and threats of stealing our stuff in something called "the despawn forest" whatever that is. :(

Eventually they'll get tired of it i guess.

What you are saying makes no sense. If someone values something' date=' that person deserves to lose it?

[/quote']

I'm gonna go right ahead and call you stupid. If I am attached to my family, I don't deserve one? Is it the same IRL? I am very attached to my gear, how the fuc* do I deserve to lose it then? Maybe I've walked through hell and back for that gear. Know what? You're not even worth my time.

You just did compare family with in game items. Otherwise you wouldn't have said that you didn't want to be in my family, right? I wondered if it was the same thing for items and family members. "If you value something, you deserve to lose it" - Your stupid words. I just wondered if the same thing applied to people.

+

Whatever you said about the point of this game... What? I don't understand the point of this mod? It's to have fun, for sure. You find loot, you use the loot, you may lose the loot. It's all good. That doesn't in any way mean that I can't be attached to my loot. Of course it sucks when I die and lose my loot. That's the whole point. YOU are the one that doesn't understand.

Yeah...I logged in on a server, and while getting reciving, some guy killed me in the debug zone...But fuck it...You die and respawn just a part of the game, aint that hard to get shit back and be at the same point.....Losing rare gear isnt that important, always a way to get it back.

[/quote']

You just did compare family with in game items. Otherwise you wouldn't have said that you didn't want to be in my family, right? I wondered if it was the same thing for items and family members. "If you value something, you deserve to lose it" - Your stupid words. I just wondered if the same thing applied to people.

Just gonna point this out. You said he's not worth your time. Why continue arguing? Move on, be happy, don't let one little piss ruin your cornflakes man!

i'm sorry for the offtop but is all that annoying overquoting is really necessary?

is that some sort of a "new" trend?

still can't connect

Hey Guys,

I have a little camp with vehicles and lots of rare stuff on my server. After the thread was started, I logged in and I was still in my camp with my stuff. But now there are lots of issues and I'm a little bit scared that everything is gone.. My server is stopped at the moment.. Safety first.

i'm sorry for the offtop but is all that annoying overquoting is really necessary?

is that some kind of trend?

I believe so yes.

I think I'm reading sentences and paragraphs but it all reads as 'Whaaaaaaaa whaaaaaa wha whaaaaaaaa!'

It's harsh and unfortunate but in all seriousness, by posting all you stories of lost loot and unfortunate ends you're only feeding the flame of whoever it is that's doing this. Script kiddies are ego-maniacs and they love reading people cry about the damage they've caused.

Just hang tight, don't login and give the server a bit of respite. DDOS attacks can't be sustained forever and in the end it'll only make Rocket and his teams response to such attacks or downage even faster.

Remember that they are still developing! Going back and fixing the game (or loot) for characters which will have to be deleted anyway is almost entirely pointless.

I've seen Rocket participate in so many live streams recently I'm beginning to wonder if the man sleeps...

Generally speaking the public shouldn't even be testing/playing an Alpha build.

Have a beer, watch the brilliant football game you missed last night because you were playing DayZ and maybe even wash your clothes. You smell.

Hey Guys' date='

I have a little camp with vehicles and lots of rare stuff on my server. After the thread was started, I logged in and I was still in my camp with my stuff. But now there are lots of issues and I'm a little bit scared that everything is gone.. My server is stopped at the moment.. Safety first.

[/quote']

If you tell me your server and camp location ill go check it out for you make sure your stuff is still there :P

Just gonna point this out. You said he's not worth your time. Why continue arguing? Move on, be happy, don't let one little piss ruin your cornflakes man!

Yeah, forgot about that. Thanks.