ColdAtrophy

Weapon Changes

What will happen to an AKM or an AK101 that has a PSO-1 scope attached when .56 hits Stable? How about a Mosin that has an LRS on it? I heard that the Mosin used to accept a bipod, so I'm guessing some of you out there have some experience with changes of this type. 

I haven't heard about the PSO-1 getting removed. LRS is being completely removed, won't find it anywhere., so no unicorns (what we called mosins with bipods after update)

Ive been away for a bit.

why is the LRS being removed?

Ive been away for a bit.

They are adding a new hunting scope for several civilian rifles. Check the DevTracker.

I haven't heard about the PSO-1 getting removed. LRS is being completely removed, won't find it anywhere., so no unicorns (what we called mosins with bipods after update)

The PSO-1 isn't going away completely. It just will only be on the SVD and the VSS. There is a new scope being made for the AK rifles.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2

Ive been away for a bit.

The LRS will be removed for the mosin, and will probably be gone in the loot tables too, as a new 12x scope is coming for the civilian rifles. The mosin will only use the PU scope.

Edit: Link for a dev post. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224498-trello-chris-in-game-screenshot-of-the-new-single-hunting-scope-for-blaze-win-70-sporter-cr527/

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 2

The PSO-1 will only be for the SVD Dragunov and VSS, as the AK family will have the Kashtan C-1 scope.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224053-trello-chris-kashtan-c-1-preview/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224537-trello-chris-svd-teaser/

So the PSO might be removed until we get the SVD and VSS, or not if we get the SVD in 0.56. Who knows.

• Like 1

The PSO-1 will only be for the SVD Dragunov and VSS, as the AK family will have the Kashtan C-1 scope.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224053-trello-chris-kashtan-c-1-preview/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224537-trello-chris-svd-teaser/

So the PSO might be removed until we get the SVD and VSS, or not if we get the SVD in 0.56. Who knows.

What will happen to an AKM or an AK101 that has a PSO-1 scope attached when .56 hits Stable? How about a Mosin that has an LRS on it? I heard that the Mosin used to accept a bipod, so I'm guessing some of you out there have some experience with changes of this type. 

PSO-1 will no longer spawn as a separate attachment in the game world but will come with a 7.62x54mmR version mounted on the SVD and a 9x39mm version mounted on the VSS Vintorez.

Apparently these will be removable from those guns, so you'll probably still be able to put a PSO-1 on AKs so long as you find a gun that comes with it first. However, it won't be too useful as 7.62x39, 5.45x39, and 5.56x45 ballistics on the AKM, AK101, and AK74 are very different from the 9x39 and 7.62x54 versions, so it probably won't be worth looking for just to have on an AK (besides, the VSS and SVD are prizes themselves.)

They're adding a Kashtan C-1 optic that's meant for intermediate caliber rifles that will act as the "replacement" for the PSO-1 on them, though, so you won't be detracted. Like the previous, this will probably be usable on the SVD and VSS as well, but again not too useful.

Mosin isn't getting the LRS anymore because they've got a hunting scope that will be usable on a larger variety of rifles. However, according to Peter it's possible they may add some sort of optics mount for the Mosin in the future that will once again let you use LRS-equivalents on it.

• Like 4

Yea so overall it was a realism sweep.

They removed placeholders that were going to be removed anyway in favor of realistic attachments.

• Like 2

I really like the fact that we'll need the proper tools to make the modifications, that the weapons with possible attachments (M4, AKs, MP5, etc) will spawn with various attachments on them and mags with possible ammo in them, and that we'll need to access a workbench to modify weapons. The first possible workbench being in a building currently un-enterable. 

This one.

2015-03-16_00009.jpg

Source : http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222617-status-report-19-mar-15/

• Like 2

I really like the fact that we'll need the proper tools to make the modifications, that the weapons with possible attachments (M4, AKs, MP5, etc) will spawn with various attachments on them and mags with possible ammo in them, and that we'll need to access a workbench to modify weapons. The first possible workbench being in a building currently un-enterable. 

Agreed. I'm already looking forward to opening one of those doors and stepping on a landmine.  :P

• Like 4

Sucks that the Mosin won't be able to accept the LRS anymore. I hate the PU scope.

Sucks that the Mosin won't be able to accept the LRS anymore. I hate the PU scope.

I haven't seen anything that definitively states the Mosin will never accept anything more than PU scope in the future. Perhaps there will be something elusive and higher magnification than the PU in the future for it. I wouldn't hold my breath, but maybe.

If previous changes of this sort are worth going by, any Mosins after the change will fail to accept LRS scopes (which will no longer spawn). Old Mosins with LRS scopes already on them will probably continue to function as they do now. If you detach the LRS, chances are you will not be able to reattach it.

I'll rock an SVD with irons all day.

Had a PSL54c for a while. Had to sell it when bills came up but I took the PSO scope off cause just like in game it was Garbage. To much recoil for that rifle to use that scope. It sucked miserably.

However. Used as a " Battle rifle " with irons the PSL54 ( SVD knockoff because Real SVD's are expensive as hell in the states ) was pretty awesome. I'd still take my M1A but if I had to take it I wouldn't have a problem.

RvR

I've been waiting for he Mosin to take a serious hit on accuracy at long ranges.  I'm happy.  I've never been a sniping type player, but I'm going to enjoy the combination of the Stary tents and the SVD.

I haven't seen anything that definitively states the Mosin will never accept anything more than PU scope in the future. Perhaps there will be something elusive and higher magnification than the PU in the future for it. I wouldn't hold my breath, but maybe.

I hope you're right as I really love the Mosin for sniping. Either way the Repeater is pretty sweet. IS the new 12x scope less powerful then the longrange scope? Someone told me the LR scope was 20x magnification?

The PU's magnification blows compared to the LR scope and I really don't like the aiming reticle. Such is life!

I hope you're right as I really love the Mosin for sniping. Either way the Repeater is pretty sweet. IS the new 12x scope less powerful then the longrange scope? Someone told me the LR scope was 20x magnification?

The PU's magnification blows compared to the LR scope and I really don't like the aiming reticle. Such is life!

In game LRS has much lower magnification than the new 12x hunting scope.

LRS magnification is like 3x-9x or something.

• Like 2

In this context though, the guy is lamenting the loss of the LRS for the Mosin because he dislikes the PU scope. According to the status report for April 29th, the Mosin will only accept the PU for now. The new Hunting Scope will not fit the Mosin.

• Like 1

In this context though, the guy is lamenting the loss of the LRS for the Mosin because he dislikes the PU scope. According to the status report for April 29th, the Mosin will only accept the PU for now. The new Hunting Scope will not fit the Mosin.

He will have other options however. I thought he was only lamenting it due to the mosin and LRS are the only real current long range options.

• Like 1

From the wiki - 

"It has a variable magnification from 2.08-7.5x but starts out at 2.34x."

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Long_Range_Scope

Since you guys brought it up, I decided to look into it. I thought the LRS was 8x. Can't wait to put the new hunting scope on the CR527 carbine. I love the gun already, but giving it a scope is definitely going to make it much more viable of a weapon choice, even if your character is geared. Hopefully it isn't completely overshadowed by the new Winchester rifle.

well 

We have the  cr527 With the new scopex12

i think That is a good replacement

It will be bullshit if you can't install a PSO on an AK rifle. The side rail is universal. You can even add a PGO-7 scope on a AK rail. I like the idea of a PSO being salvageable on a destroyed VSS or SVD scope.