Sign in to follow this  
Sanguise

Tents and persistance

So tents are no longer wiped on wend correct? I assume that also includes things on the ground (backpacks) was this always the case with no tent items? 

what im asking is before tents were immune from wend wipes how did you save all the loot in them when you packed it up was it just in a backpack on the ground?

I have zero experience using tents or avoiding loot loss due to wend wipes

I typically pack my best stuff on Thursday night and look for a new tent after restart. However, I've made the experience that my favorite server is almost never persistent until a couple of days after the patch. In order to test that, I put down an empty backpack after the server restarted, and I often drive a truck up to near our camp. If either of them vanishes after a server restart, I just don't play. At the moment, I don't play a lot ;)

Wednesday maintenance should no longer include the removal of persistent items. For now...

The update takes place on Tuesday night at 11:pm pacific time, if I recall. So Tuesday evening I would just eat all the food and drinks in my tent and make the hard choices of what to dump on the ground and then fold up the tent and hold it in my hands and log off. When I log back on the next day after work, I am no longer stuffed (odd) and my tent is in my hands or has fallen on the ground while logging in, something I think they fixed recently. Setup tent and get back to filling it with extra helpful items, food, drink, ammo, repair kits etc. 

I guess i just dont play enough for it to be a help. well now that they are "safe" from wend wipes maybe they are

I might let my tent stay put as long as I see no dev's saying otherwise.