Sign in to follow this  
slyder73

Spawning with no pants

Interesting new bug seems to have come up since the update today.

I am fairly geared up and until just a few moments ago wore a pair of hunter pants.

I played last night and I was dressed to go.  I logged on tonight and my pants are gone, standing with my MP5, kkso(or whatever) jacket, backpack, boots and no pants.  Just there on the road in my underwear.

*cue YMCA music here*

Anyone else have disappearing pants?

• Like 1

One word is all I have to say about this.

REKT

Edited by MadWookie

My guess is that it's simply a de-sync issue. For example, ever had the moment you're switching a magazine, but you have no inventory space so you drop it on the ground, but the moment you pick it up again, it also stays on the ground. So there are two versions now, both linked to the same item.

I think that way you can more or less fuck up the player-side and server-side links of items, so for the server you probably didn't have a pants, but the client thought it had :p...

It's like that old joke, "If you woke up in the cool morning dew, lying on the ground, in the middle of the woods, with your pants around your ankles, and vaseline all over your butt, would you tell anyone?" When someone says, "No", you deliver the punch line - "Great, wanna go camping?"

• Like 3

Maybe someone knocked you out before you managed to log off and stole your pants.

In an effort to mitigate the issue in the mean time, during the Wednesday maintenance period this week we will be switching servers over to the legacy placeholder loot spawning system. Unfortunately this means some of the newer items won't spawn, but it will keep the economies going until 0.56 hits stable branch.

Maybe the Hunter Pants is a new item so it didn't spawn. But try to keep your pants on next time, mister. When I catch you next time with no pants on I will call the Chernarus police force!