Sign in to follow this  
ruax

Homeserver lost its persistence

Hi, I got on some hour ago after the rollback and the wipe of all the loot etc... So I am wondering is there any persistence server on at the moment? I played on my usuall server and it has no persistence atm we dropped stuff and had a car and it was all gone after the server restarted and the helicopter crash had fresh loot same with towns.
So is this only this server that has been magicly turned into persistence off or is all servers persistence off? I thought they were forced ON. This is a puplic hive server.
If anyone have anything to say about  server with persistence off or on go on and comment! :) Just trying grasp if this is only server atm or what is going on! :) Note that I am talking about after the wipe and rollback.

Edited by Lindecrantz1

I believe that private servers still have the option to opt-out of persistence for the time being (at least until the end of this week).

Is the server on which you are playing on a private or public hive?

I believe that private servers still have the option to opt-out of persistence for the time being (at least until the end of this week).

Is the server on which you are playing on a private or public hive?

^ Very valuable info - please do tell!

IP is even better.

^ Very valuable info - please do tell!

IP is even better.

Ah I did mention that it was a puplic hive, and the IP is 108.61.230.118 !

Ah I did mention that it was a puplic hive, and the IP is 108.61.230.118 !

Port?

Edit: Nevermind! I received a report about UK 2-11 about 30 minutes ago and investigated. The GSP operating these servers (Gameservers.com) discovered the cause was a Windows permissions issue and I'm told they are resolving it as we speak.

Port?

Edit: Nevermind! I received a report about UK 2-11 about 30 minutes ago and investigated. The GSP operating these servers (Gameservers.com) discovered the cause was a Windows permissions issue and I'm told they are resolving it as we speak.

Ah :) good to hear although I will somewhat miss that freshloot :/ ! Also the server I mentioned is 2-18

1. put a backpack down

2. come back in 4 hours

3. if the pack is still there, persistence works on that server

Even when persistence was first reported to be working, I could never get a tent to persist on a Gameservers.com server. Vilayer servers seemed to work okay for me though.

Edit: My experience is only from public hive, did not test on private servers.

Edited by that1n00b

1. put a backpack down

2. come back in 4 hours

3. if the pack is still there, persistence works on that server

Finding a truck at somewhere they don't spawn with the doors closed and a full tank is also a good sign.