Sign in to follow this  
HarryPotter (DayZ)

Bandito...

So I've had a character on a private server since before 0.55.. He was nicely geared.. Mosin+pso, food, makarov etc etc. Logged onto the server 1st time since 0.55 dropped. I'm in Cherno and decide to stay in the area and see if it's really that hard to find loot around here in post 0.55.. It's not! I find a good amount of stuff around in the usual buildings then I head up to the appartments to check the new loot hot spots. It's a gold mine up there.. So much stuff in all the wrecked cars up there. I soon had a 2 bags of rice, a repeater with a bunch of ammo to add to the mosin, a scope for an AK, soda, canned goods.. So I'm feeling pretty good about myself at this point then I hear a guy shouting for help. He's being chased by a zed and has no gun just a big hammer. I tell him I'll help and take care of the zombie with my repeater... We start to talk and he seems very nervous of me so I get him to drop all his stuff incase he kicks off. Then bang. I'm dead. I hear him laughing as I die.... Don't trust anyone he says... I'm gutted.

They must have been watching me for a while forming that plan. He must of dumped his stuff got aggro on a zed and made sure to run past me and got his mate to creap up behind me while we interacted... Still feel they could have just robbed me but I suppose I was a threat if as I was armed.

Moral... Don't trust anyone.... Especially if they are wearing a clown mask :)

• Like 4

So I've had a character on a private server since before 0.55.. He was nicely geared.. Mosin+pso, food, makarov etc etc. Logged onto the server 1st time since 0.55 dropped. I'm in Cherno and decide to stay in the area and see if it's really that hard to find loot around here in post 0.55.. It's not! I find a good amount of stuff around in the usual buildings then I head up to the appartments to check the new loot hot spots. It's a gold mine up there.. So much stuff in all the wrecked cars up there. I soon had a 2 bags of rice, a repeater with a bunch of ammo to add to the mosin, a scope for an AK, soda, canned goods.. So I'm feeling pretty good about myself at this point then I hear a guy shouting for help. He's being chased by a zed and has no gun just a big hammer. I tell him I'll help and take care of the zombie with my repeater... We start to talk and he seems very nervous of me so I get him to drop all his stuff incase he kicks off. Then bang. I'm dead. I hear him laughing as I die.... Don't trust anyone he says... I'm gutted.

They must have been watching me for a while forming that plan. He must of dumped his stuff got aggro on a zed and made sure to run past me and got his mate to creap up behind me while we interacted... Still feel they could have just robbed me but I suppose I was a threat if as I was armed.

You helped someone wearing a clown mask? Rookie mistake.

• Like 4

You helped someone wearing a clown mask? Rookie mistake.

Why does everyone assume " Clown " Masks are kos?

Any head/face item can be kos, no face/head item can be kos..

It was a joke... I was being cliche.

that really stinks

Hidden face = danger but yeah everyone is dangerous in chernerous

How does hidden face = Danger? There's like 3 character skins, why's it matter if someone wants to cover their characters face?

It was a joke... I was being cliche.

mmkay, Well, Read the post above you, and you'll understand why it irks me...

ya..this is why I am only play with people i meet in this forum..fuck others...this is why I am lonewolf a lot! Even a zed get me excited lol

Edited by thewire

The thing it.. It was a well thought out dupe from intelligent players, really they could have just robbed me.. If they wanted to kill me why not just sneak up on me and kos?

The thing it.. It was a well thought out dupe from intelligent players, really they could have just robbed me.. If they wanted to kill me why not just sneak up on me and kos?

'cause sometimes 'the game' is more fun.

In our little group its not uncommon for one of our members to approach/befriend others even join other groups and lead them into traps or later betray them :P Why play harder when you can play smarter? Social Manipulation > Any gun in the game.

It's down right hilarious how many people have given my wife the weapon she later used to kill them. She's gotten so good at getting people to trust her and welcome her into thier groups/clans/skypecall/etc that 90% of the time we just have her go make contact with other players, then either direct us or lead them into a waiting ambush (and in turn she gets first pick of all the dead peoples' gear)

Never trust other players, you may assist them but don't trust them. Just assume that everoyone tries to kill or betray you, it's not about secluding yourself, just being aware of this will make you live longer than if not.

For example, if I meet a freshspawn who asks me for food I will assume that: He is a bandit player who just died in Elektro and spawned. His friends are on their way (sprinting) as he tells them on skype that "I just met this decked player! I'll try to ask for food and stall for time, hurry!" I will perhaps give him a can and make clear that if he follows me I'll kill him. Then depart in separate ways.

• Like 1

'cause sometimes 'the game' is more fun.

In our little group its not uncommon for one of our members to approach/befriend others even join other groups and lead them into traps or later betray them :P Why play harder when you can play smarter? Social Manipulation > Any gun in the game.

It's down right hilarious how many people have given my wife the weapon she later used to kill them. She's gotten so good at getting people to trust her and welcome her into thier groups/clans/skypecall/etc that 90% of the time we just have her go make contact with other players, then either direct us or lead them into a waiting ambush (and in turn she gets first pick of all the dead peoples' gear)

There is a reason I'm especially quick to kill a player if its voice sounds female. :D

Because 95% of people I met wearing Payday masks tried to kill me.

Stereotypes are often rooted in fact.

Because 95% of people I met wearing Payday masks tried to kill me.

Stereotypes are often rooted in fact.

95% of people wearing anything try killing anyone.

By your logic, everyone will kill you.

There is a reason I'm especially quick to kill a player if its voice sounds female. :D

its really funny, if people just treated the ladies like everyone else none of the nonsense they get accused of would be an issue. its all the stupid kids who are like "ZOMG A GURL ON MAH GAMEZ!!!11 GIT HER IN OUR CLAN NAO!" that set them selves up for it. You should be suspicious/cautious of ALL random/neutral players regardless of gender.

Any headgear can mean kos, any clown mask does mean kos. It is a very simple fact based on experience. And no it doesn't have anything to do with covered face or anything like that. It is the mask itself. You put that on if you want to kill other players, you leave it be if you don't (of course kosers can and will operate without it as well, so the lack of it is most certainly not a guarantuee in any way, but the presence of it is). It is a symbolic sign language accepted by both the killer and the killed.

A few people are out of the loop on this language, and it is certainly a shame when they get shot for wearing a mask they just thought looked cool, but that is the price to pay for doing stupid daring things without knowing the full extent of their meaning.

Edited by BadAsh
  • Like 1

Any headgear can mean kos, any clown mask does mean kos. It is a very simple fact based on experience. And no it doesn't have anything to do with covered face or anything like that. It is the mask itself. You put that on if you want to kill other players, you leave it be if you don't (of course kosers can and will operate without it as well, so the lack of it is most certainly not a guarantuee in any way, but the presence of it is). It is a symbolic sign language accepted by both the killer and the killed.

I agree completely, it seems to be a universal way of display to others that you have bad intentions. Which is a good thing, I've had some hillarious encounters with them. Gas mask? I'd say it's there with the face-tied bandanas in the borderland. It does not spell it out right away as the clownmasks do.

• Like 1

I see that people like to play into the "Hollywood" way of dealing with a disaster; Kill everyone as they are a potential threat. 

Meanwhile in Japan during eathquake... people lining up in queue's to get food in a civil manner -.-

While this game is fun, it is sadly a very very twisted version of what would likely happen.

Hollywood: 1, RL: 0

What a bastard, but don't give up on trying to be friendly like you were, you could have killed him but choose not to KOS, I respect you for that, but learn from this and be even more suspicious of your surroundings, maybe lure him to a big warehouse or anywhere where you can feel safe, or have an easy defense.

We have to be better then them.

Never trust other players, you may assist them but don't trust them. Just assume that everoyone tries to kill or betray you, it's not about secluding yourself, just being aware of this will make you live longer than if not.

For example, if I meet a freshspawn who asks me for food I will assume that: He is a bandit player who just died in Elektro and spawned. His friends are on their way (sprinting) as he tells them on skype that "I just met this decked player! I'll try to ask for food and stall for time, hurry!" I will perhaps give him a can and make clear that if he follows me I'll kill him. Then depart in separate ways.

I think this may be the most professional way to handle the situation. You help but you take no chances.

I agree completely, it seems to be a universal way of display to others that you have bad intentions. Which is a good thing, I've had some hillarious encounters with them. Gas mask? I'd say it's there with the face-tied bandanas in the borderland. It does not spell it out right away as the clownmasks do.

I wear a Balaclava, would you trust me?

• Like 1

I wear a Balaclava, would you trust me?

Key to staying alive in dayZ is to trust no one. The outfit, gear, etc is no assurance of safety, and we've all seen plenty of YT videos and heard the stories of being betrayed because you found something that person you teamed with decided to take for his or herself. situation awareness and learning to read people is everything. when in doubt, avoid or break contact if you don't want to KOS.

I don't play as bandit, hero, friendly, or KOS. I play as a survivor. Someone who makes decisions based on each situation separately, to keep myself and my own crew alive as long as possible. i am Opportunistic. Sometimes i can kill someone clean and get the gear with low risk. sometimes im better off attempting contact or just avoiding it. all depends on the scenario. "Play smarter Not harder".

Key to staying alive in dayZ is to trust no one. The outfit, gear, etc is no assurance of safety, and we've all seen plenty of YT videos and heard the stories of being betrayed because you found something that person you teamed with decided to take for his or herself. situation awareness and learning to read people is everything. when in doubt, avoid or break contact if you don't want to KOS.

I don't play as bandit, hero, friendly, or KOS. I play as a survivor. Someone who makes decisions based on each situation separately, to keep myself and my own crew alive as long as possible. i am Opportunistic. Sometimes i can kill someone clean and get the gear with low risk. sometimes im better off attempting contact or just avoiding it. all depends on the scenario. "Play smarter Not harder".

I know, I am much like you, I just thought it be funny to ask, since the topic was that everyone wearing a mask is a psycho more or less, apparently the ones wearing a clown or gas mask.

Which kinda holds some truth, most people I ran into wearing those masks seemed like crazy people or bandits.

I too am more of a opportunist more then anything really, but I try to be friendly and avoid KOS.

• Like 1