Sign in to follow this  
BeefBacon

Highlight own name in player list

Pressing P brings up the list of players currently on the server. Currently the only way (that I know of) to check your ping is to bring up this list and to click your own name.

There are two reasons I bring up the player list. One is to see how many players are on the server, and maybe give it a quick scan to see if there's anyone I recognise. The other is to see if my ping really is at 600 or if it's just the server being funny.

Now, in the latter case, I truly do not give a sweaty bollock what bambipwner69's ping is. I really don't. But whenever I press P, there it is. Bambipwner69's pristine 25 ping. I then get to find my own name in a list of 50 which is constantly changing position every time I want to check my ping which, in my case, is quite often.

So all I ask is that there is either an easy way to check one's own ping (and if there is already then I apologise, and please tell me how to check it) or that when pressing P your own name is the one that is highlighted rather than the top player on the list.

Faster ping updates would also be nice, but not necessary. It seems that there's a good 20 - 30 second lag which can make it difficult to tell what exactly might be the cause of the high ping.

• Like 3