Zoop

Admin abuse - What you need to know

I'm not sure if this has been covered or not, but, I can tell you right now, as an admin, I can teleport, give people weapons and "rollback the server to a previous save".

I do not do these things unless there is a hack attack, but I have the tools to.

So let me get this straight... I pay for a server but I still have to deal with pricks, a**holes, knobs, and the like because if I kick/ban them then my server will be shut down? Since when did this become the norm?

Pretty much and then people wonder why Public Hives are almost a dead breed these days. Nobody that pays money for a server wants to be told how to run their server.

Well, as long as I'm [paying] for it, I will run [my] server as I see fit. As I stated, I don't abuse the power. If someone wants to be an a**hole and cheat, hack, or whatever, they have over 5,000 other servers to choose from. I will be happy to point them in the right direction.

On a side note, had a hacker in game today by the name of Scirocco. This douchebag spawns inland, right next to our heli. He steals it, then crashes it into another heli but not before ejecting (so you know that was on purpose). The happened about 2Km away from our current position but not a few seconds later he's shooting at us from within 1oo meters. One of our guys quickly dispatches him (so it was very understandable why he needed the hack, because he pretty much sucked as a legit player). Through side chat texting that he wasn't a cheater, suddenly satchel charges are going off around us. He did not have time to place them so he must have teleported them to us. Now, at this time, we hear AS50 shots coming from a hill in the distance. Not from another player because 5 out of the 6 people on the server were in my group and with me. As my team departs to try and flank him, I'm in a shed -where I could not have possibly been seen except from directly in front of me - which he was not. About a minute later - BOOM! satchel charge death and he was nowhere near me.

So, since I'm so new to this game and to server administration, what is the process of reporting these hackers? I have his IP, I have his GUID. He's been banned from my server, but I'd like to report him for global banning to BE. I've checked their website but there's no information on it as far as reporting cheaters.

Tells a diffrent story.

As far as I know a tool like this is only available with private hive providers. I wish there was a tool like that for public server so we could ban hackers alot quicker ... Through the logs we can find players/vehicles/see peoples loadout, but we cant spawn in stuff or teleport people or kill them or whatever... Don't know why people think that tbh...

• Like 1

Aslong as there's server hosting available to the public, there will be abusive admins. :/

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this has been covered or not, but, I can tell you right now, as an admin, I can teleport, give people weapons and "rollback the server to a previous save".

I do not do these things unless there is a hack attack, but I have the tools to.

Tells a diffrent story.

On a private server, yes. Considering you're not supposed to report admin abuse on private servers here I didn't bother writing a guide for them. DayZ devs can't do anything to guys abusing their powers on private servers, so it's pretty much pointless writing a guide for something you're not supposed to report here, isn't it?

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 1

You might want to follow your own advice and not label all players ungratefull little shits. its pretty much like every other server admin i see... they expect to be treated a certain way but turn around and treat everyone else the same way they dont want to be treated.

pathetic

i dont even know what to say about the fact that a dayz team member" QFT" the fact that all players are ungrateful little shits.... unbelievable

Some people lose their temper easily.

Then it's not a case of admin abuse, but a case of hacking. I never said admins can't hack. This thread, however, is here for admin abuse, not hacking. :) <-

Also, I'm glad to hear that my thread clarifying what is and what isn't admin abuse is now somehow a high pedestal for me. :) <-

There's a difference between saying all admins break the rules and saying (doesn't use the word "all" but totally intends to generalize here) players have attitude problems. :) <- 12 year-olds do this

This post is made of what.

Thank you for reviving an argument that was resolved more than 5 months before your post.

Thank you for reviving an argument that was resolved more than 5 months before your post.

^^

This topic needn't be open for discussion any more, for it has been resolved as the OP has indicated.

Locked.