Sign in to follow this  
BeefBacon

The gentlemen of Novodmitrovsk (0.55)

I've never been to Novo before. I was playing on the 'gents of Novo' server where killing in Novo is prohibited. I'm starting to get a good idea of when to start recording. In this case I'm glad I did.

This was the first time I'd ever found an AK74. It was also one of the only times I had ever fired a weapon in any other capacity than self-defence. 0.55 has offered a lot of new DayZ experiences for me, so I'm interested to see what 0.56 will bring.

Somewhere down the line I might start using a mic, but for now I'm happy just being a fly on the wall; having very little input and just seeing how things turn out.

• Like 2

I've never been to Novo before. I was playing on the 'gents of Novo' server where killing in Novo is prohibited. I'm starting to get a good idea of when to start recording. In this case I'm glad I did.

This was the first time I'd ever found an AK74. It was also one of the only times I had ever fired a weapon in any other capacity than self-defence. 0.55 has offered a lot of new DayZ experiences for me, so I'm interested to see what 0.56 will bring.

Somewhere down the line I might start using a mic, but for now I'm happy just being a fly on the wall; having very little input and just seeing how things turn out.

been playing on that server a few days now. finally made it to novo about a week ago but haven't played since. got on today and found a couple of really nice guys when i walked towards the town square. they set up a tent in the square for anyone to "take a penny, leave a penny". a few more joined and we hung out by the fire. one showed me where to get a gas mask (been looking since .55!) then another guy showed up and we went looking around for the guard shacks. at no point did i think these guys were out to trick anyone or backstab. it was a fun time and so far seems like these gents are for real. (although they say sometimes you get the odd bandit who thinks certain parts aren't technically IN novo)

either way. i like the interaction after so long lone-wolfing it.

• Like 1

yup, im totally going to go there and hang out with you gents. if not for the help, defiantly for the laughs. 

The UK server seems a lot more friendly than the US. I have been shot down more than once in Novo. 

• Like 1

Hah. No idea how this was dug up. Thanks for the comments, though! I've not made a video in a while, but I might record whenever I next play.

I usually play 1pp, but the Gents of Novo server is so good that I don't mind 3pp. It's nice to have somewhere where you know you're safe and can trade with other players. Its also a good laugh and people in town are always friendly. Wish more servers would have safe towns; of course its only fun as long as it's player/ admin enforced. Wouldn't be as good if there was a zone where players couldn't take damage or something silly like that.

you can play on gents of novo server and pathfindersgaming and runningmanZ they are all on the same hive you gear carrys over..just thought i would share that..

if you do get shot in novo its easy to contact the gents ,they always check logs

• Like 2