Sign in to follow this  
SuperSavage300

AK101 Magazines spawn on 0.55

Where do the AK101 magazines spawn on 0.55? Someone please let me know I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find any for my AK101, would really appriciate it someone tells me.

Where do the AK101 magazines spawn on 0.55? Someone please let me know I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find any for my AK101, would really appriciate it someone tells me.

I myself have not seen a 101 or the mags, plenty of 74 and 74u guns and mags in the jeeps. The only 556 rounds I have seen are at heli sites in the m4 mags. The loot system is insane at the moment.

• Like 1

I myself have not seen a 101 or the mags, plenty of 74 and 74u guns and mags in the jeeps. The only 556 rounds I have seen are at heli sites in the m4 mags. The loot system is insane at the moment.

Nope, apparently it's perfect. We are all just playing the game wrong.

• Like 3

The current loot system isn't finished, and only temporary. The devs said that tagging every item to the locations they want takes time as the heat tables for loot system will be very different than what it was. Instead of being building based, it'll be "area" based, with specific items spawning in certain areas. Right now only the crash sites seem to spawn their correct loot, and even them sometimes don't respawn anything, or items spawn far from the crash site itself. There's still this problem with crash sites being visible, but the items themselves are in another location.

Anyway, as far as I know AK101 mags will rarely spawn at Mi-8 crash sites, but currently we can't find them at static spawns like the AK74 and AKM mags.

Ive been told (in the 0.55 feedback thread) that they spawn around tanks and BRDM wrecks, as well as in some military installations. I have yet to confirm this, as I have found tons of AK 74 and AKM ammo, but not a single magazine for 101. A friend found a 101 somewhere, I remember he said so, but I forgot where. So I guess they still do exist! I found a drum magazine next to one of the UZA wrecks today. My other friend still has his AKM, so he's happy now. 

I was lucky enough to get to one of those choppersites where the loot spawns a bit off to one side. There had been someone looting there before me, but he either missed an M4 or already had one. Before a glitch killed me while driving the truck, I used to at least find enough ammo for the 101 at the chopper crashsites. Now that I have my first M4 in the game (!ever!), the priority has changed. It's bizarre how little recoil this M4 has. It's much nicer to aim and shoot than the Ak. And currently there is a lot of ammo for the M4 at crashsites. 

Edited by S3V3N

Yep Ive given up on the AK101 and ended up dropping it as i was double carrying it along with an M4.I've decided to stick with the m4 since I've got a lot of mags and attachments for it, I've yet to find a pristine ACOG scope though, only found some damaged ones which are useless.

They spawn at russian helicrashes.

They spawn at russian helicrashes.

Have you actually found one there yourself?Because I've found the AK101 at a US heli crash.

Have you actually found one there yourself?

Yes. On a private hive server, at least.

Edited by Powerhouse

Have you actually found one there yourself?Because I've found the AK101 at a US heli crash.

Could have been dropped by someone who picked up an M4 or AUG.