Dreganius (DayZ)

Weapon Russianization (WARNING: Big, detailed post)

+1

This is a good I idea but remember, The US hands off its wares to alot of nations, so its not to far fetched to see an M16A2 or M249 in some East Euro state. I think Russian weapons should be the vast majority though and support this idea.

Also the Enfield should stay as there is a small amount in East Europe that were bring backs from the Soviet Afghan war. The Afganis even make copies of the Enfield to this day.

@hishnik: I'm reading up on the AK-SU's right now' date=' but still don't really think they're a good 'counterpart' considering they are already their own weapon in DayZ. Thoughts on AEKs/AK-102/4/5?

[/quote']

The reason I put AK-S/U in same category as M4 is because they're also the short barreled carbines. Granted, true Krinkov is MUCH shorter, still they're carbines, and their effective range isn't meant to be very high.

If anything, AEK and AK105 style weapons should be considered as M16 counterparts. They'be got longer barrels, and meant for longer range shooting.

I feel that in the end of the day, as I mentioned before, it shouldn't be replacement, it should be lowering the spawn of US guns, and having eastern block ones more available. As it is, you can't compare AK to M16, they have different characteristics. I own both types of guns, and both are their own fun. M16 is a light hitter at long range, AK is a heavy weight champ up to about 300-500 yards, beyond that... Forget it.

Point is, both need to exist, one (soviet made) should surface more often than other, but both deserve place in the DayZ world...

My 2 cents, you don't need to agree ;)

I do agree though, I've stated that in both my posts. I want both sets of weapons to exist, but there's a lot of people out there who will simply nitpick and say that there's no point in both existing >.>

EDIT: Like one of my 'friends' I met in-game. To be honest, I'm starting to distrust this 'friend'; he keeps wanting to rush to certain areas when I'm fine just cruising along. I might just tell him to leave me be or get shot.

the moronic thing about this is that youre comparing them based on performance and implicitly introducing hundreds and hundreds of specimens of weapons which were never actually mass produced or adopted by anyone ever, or only ever produced for export... So the fact that they're russian is totally cosmetic.

You should be looking at weapons which are common in the eastern bloc, not necessarilly russian. Just because, at one time, they were produced in russia, it doesn't follow that they're even remotely common in eastern europe, or any more so than any other common european or even american weapons.

Even back in ww1 and 2 there were mosins manufactured in france and america sent to russia, and around ww1 the russians used a winchester rifle and a smith and wesson revolver.

The georgians, estonia and lithuania, use the m16 as a service rifle

the ukrainians use that tavor israeli plastic gun.

the czechs, georgia, hungary, and serbia use the m4 in some numbers.

Currently russia, czech, latvia and armenia and probably others are using british AW rifles in some numbers.

Estonia, latvia, lithuania all used the g3 at some point.

Just "russianising" the list is purely cosmetic and adds no greater authenticity to the game.

There's a lot more to it than just geographic region of manufacture.

Very nice idea' date='

in my opinion you cant replace some 5.56mm guns with 7.62mm ones (and vice versa) because theese little 7.62mm bullets hit a lot harder.

[/quote']

probably not, but we can change them with AK-100 series that use 5.56 NATO 101, 102, 108. they all share same design so their models will only require recolor of existing AKs.

NATO weapons should be commonly found at the heli crashes(not sure from where that heli comes, but we can pretend from NATO). and rarely in military bases.

Also would be cool to have 2 types of heli crashes: Russian, with russian weapons, and NATOs with all their fancy stuff ;)

probably not' date=' but we can change them with AK-100 series that use 5.56 NATO 101, 102, 108. they all share same design so their models will only require recolor of existing AKs.[/quote']

Those are built for the export market

Only one small hint which changes everything.

Chernarus is no way Russia but Czech Republic and thats still big difference (it doesnt mean that we were for 30 years under their f***ng influence that we are russians).

But yeah, weapons should be remade to fit a bit better to Europe where was 30 years Russian bastard.

You have all forgotten the glorious SKS carbine...why the hell would you put in the collectors' gun, the SVT-40, when the "poor man's deer rifle", the SKS, is one of the most common Warsaw Pact weapons in the world? They're practically identical output-wise, semi-automatic rifles that both fire similarly sized rounds. I own one. My friend owns one. They're everywhere. And that's in America. Think about in Eastern Europe.

Also, I agree. Why would you replace common weapons with super-rare, even prototype weapons, just because they're Russian. I know for a fact that a number of Russian SWAT and special operations teams use MP5s, for example. It's because it's a damn fine gun. And it serves a different purpose than the PP-2000, which is designed as an armor piercing PDW similar to the MP7 or P90. That's why it uses a +P+ cartridge that nothing else uses. Same thing with the Korobov weapon. They DO use M4s and whatnot. Just because a gun was designed in a certain nation means its used exclusively in that nation. Hell, quite a few of our military's guns were designed in Europe. The MP5, the Beretta 92F, the FN MAG and FN Minimi (thought the M240 and M249 where as American as mom and apple pie? Think again), etc. etc.

For example, Russia's elite counter-terrorist unit Alfa Group (compare to: Delta Force) uses British AWMs instead of SV-98s. Why? Because they prefer them.

A lot of the spawns and weapons are a bit weird to me...why does a top of the line M4A3 CCO spawn in a deer stand, while the ultra-common, worldwide, and occasionally called outdated (BLASPHEMY) FN FAL spawn only in a crashed special forces helicopter?

As I've said before, a number of these weapons are a bit out of place.

But Rocket doesn't have to go out of his way to code some Russian ones in, PKMS, RPKs, SVDs, RPGs, etc. etc already exist in the base code of ArmA 2. Why would he prefer CoDdy guns to ones like that?

probably not' date=' but we can change them with AK-100 series that use 5.56 NATO 101, 102, 108. they all share same design so their models will only require recolor of existing AKs.[/quote']

Those are built for the export market

and thus they would match the role of weapons from other countries

"Winchester 1866 - None. It's not even a shotgun' date=' it's a lever-action rifle. If anything, the Winchester 1887 Shotgun should replace it, but that's not Russian either."

> It's not even a shotgun,

Yes it is idiot, it fires 12 gauge slugs.

>it's a lever-action

The way in which a round is loaded into the chamber has NOTHING to do with what type of gun it is.

>rifle

No, once again, it isn't. It's a shotgun.

Maybe learn a bit more about gun classing, types, manufacturers,popularity, quality and quantity produced before you try to overhaul an entire game's weapons.

[/quote']

Maybe YOU should learn a bit about the Winchester line of rifles. The Winchester 1866 is not a shotgun, it's a rifle most commonly chambered in the outdated .44-40 cartridge.

Due to miscommunication, in DayZ the Winchester became a shotgun, which is flat out wrong. The only lever action 12 gauge Winchester shotgun is the 1887, which is not at all common in eastern europe. Neither is the 1866 all that common; although the .44-40 round was popular with exported and Russian produced Model 3 handguns in Russia, it's nowhere near as common as it is portrayed in DayZ.

"Winchester 1866 - None. It's not even a shotgun' date=' it's a lever-action rifle. If anything, the Winchester 1887 Shotgun should replace it, but that's not Russian either."

> It's not even a shotgun,

Yes it is idiot, it fires 12 gauge slugs.

>it's a lever-action

The way in which a round is loaded into the chamber has NOTHING to do with what type of gun it is.

>rifle

No, once again, it isn't. It's a shotgun.

Maybe learn a bit more about gun classing, types, manufacturers,popularity, quality and quantity produced before you try to overhaul an entire game's weapons.

[/quote']

Maybe YOU should learn a bit about the Winchester line of rifles. The Winchester 1866 is not a shotgun, it's a rifle most commonly chambered in the outdated .44-40 cartridge.

Due to miscommunication, in DayZ the Winchester became a shotgun, which is flat out wrong. The only lever action 12 gauge Winchester shotgun is the 1887, which is not at all common in eastern europe. Neither is the 1866 all that common; although the .44-40 round was popular with exported and Russian produced Model 3 handguns in Russia, it's nowhere near as common as it is portrayed in DayZ.

Boys, boys, stop fighting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_1866#Winchester_Model_1866

Winchester Model 1866

The original Winchester rifle - the Winchester Model 1866 - was famous for its rugged construction and lever-action mechanism that allowed the rifleman to fire a number of shots before having to reload: hence the term "repeating rifle." Nelson King's new improved patent remedied flaws in the Henry rifle by incorporating a loading gate on the side of the frame and integrating a round sealed magazine which was covered by a fore stock. Originally chambered in the rimfire .44 Henry, the Model 1866 was nicknamed the "Yellow Boy" because of its receiver of a bronze alloy called gunmetal.

Cite evidence next time somebody throws a fit, it's WAY more effective.

Boys' date=' boys, stop fighting.

Winchester Model 1866

The original Winchester[b'] rifle - the Winchester Model 1866 - was famous for its rugged construction and lever-action mechanism that allowed the rifleman to fire a number of shots before having to reload: hence the term "repeating rifle." Nelson King's new improved patent remedied flaws in the Henry rifle by incorporating a loading gate on the side of the frame and integrating a round sealed magazine which was covered by a fore stock. Originally chambered in the rimfire .44 Henry, the Model 1866 was nicknamed the "Yellow Boy" because of its receiver of a bronze alloy called gunmetal.

Hey now, who's fighting?

I was just staying the facts, although I'll admit in a rather defensive manner. I hadn't though I'd need to cite sources since it's easy as pie to google 'Winchester 1866' and find out about it, which frodevil clearly didn't bother to do.

Having consumed my crispy bacon sandwich while reading this' date=' I have to say I fully agree with your post.....of course as long as DayZ is set where it is. As other posters have stated, assuming this is a multi-national conflict, then you would have some foreign weapons hanging about in limited numbers.....and rare ammo of course.

Two exceptions

1) The Sa80 is unique to the British Armed Forces, if they were not there.....then the weapons would not be neither.

2) God's Own Battle Rifle is missing from the list. ...L1A1....( you need no other reason to put it in the mod )

The L1A1 SLR......This is the British Variant of the FN FAL, the non automatic version. And without doubt the finest battle rifle ever made.Why is it not automatic ?...because we used to get taught how to shoot straight and hit what were aiming at is why, rather than randomly spraying rounds in the vague direction where the enemy might be.

Notice I said " Battle Rifle " and not all this girly " assault rifle " malarkey.

7.62mm Nato...a mans round, a proper mans round, a proper man who drinks beer and doesn't do metrosexual grooming and learning what women want...not a girly mans round like the 5.56mm,where you carry your spare rounds in a handbag.

This argument brings British Soldiers to a boil when discussed.

[/quote']

Ha, good post. Just wanted to comment that the British troops wouldn't get too much of an ammo argument on this side of the ocean. Back in the Army I remember all kinds of gripe sessions and even official reports with us grunts wishing for a 7.62 NATO rifle again. Being able to carry more rounds(5.56's only real virtue if you ask me) is nothing compared to being able to blast big holes in whatever the bad guys are hiding behind from much farther away! Would be a much better investment than wasting it on new broken planes for the chairforce.

Oh and the M240 is another one that has been exported all over the world for many years. Its really the FN MAG. M240 is just what the U.S. calls it but even Saddam's army had them. They are everywhere.

Boys' date=' boys, stop fighting.

Winchester Model 1866

The original Winchester[b'] rifle - the Winchester Model 1866 - was famous for its rugged construction and lever-action mechanism that allowed the rifleman to fire a number of shots before having to reload: hence the term "repeating rifle." Nelson King's new improved patent remedied flaws in the Henry rifle by incorporating a loading gate on the side of the frame and integrating a round sealed magazine which was covered by a fore stock. Originally chambered in the rimfire .44 Henry, the Model 1866 was nicknamed the "Yellow Boy" because of its receiver of a bronze alloy called gunmetal.

Hey now, who's fighting?

I was just staying the facts, although I'll admit in a rather defensive manner. I hadn't though I'd need to cite sources since it's easy as pie to google 'Winchester 1866' and find out about it, which frodevil clearly didn't bother to do.

That's the problem with the Internet nowadays. 80% of all fact-based arguments can be ended in twelve seconds with www.google.com, left-click, [type search phrase], enter, left-click. But amazingly, no one does.

Great post OP, bringing all the "more Russian weapons" points together like this. In my opinion, this game would benefit from a reduction in military grade hardware, and replacing it with civilian weapons, like old Mosins, sks rifles, svt 40's, saiga rifles and shotguns, and of course the amazing new Veprs (http://www.classicfirearms.com/long-guns?manufacturer=104). If the game stays in an ex-soviet bloc area as the locale, using local firearms will really add to the immersion.

Alright, time to take a look at the weapons suggested, and throw my own opinions on the wall. I'm liking how comprehensive the list is so far, but there's always room for improvements!

TL;DR list of weapons and possible counterparts

PISTOLS:

Glock 17 - MP-446 Viking

M9 and M9SD - APB 6P13

M1911 - None' date=' the M1911 is heavily exported, and has existed for just over 100 years already.

PDW - Kedr PP-91

Glock 17: I have to disagree with your choice of alternative to the Glock 17; it doesn't need one, in my opinion, and the Viking isn't sold out of Russia. What I would like to see is a simple, black coloured Glock 17 that has no flashlight; this should be the more common version.

M9: The M9 should be either replaced or supplemented by the CZ-75, which is a very common pistol and fits with the Czech theme that a lot of people seem to think Chernarus has.

M9 SD: The alternative should be the Makarov PB, and this alongside the ABP would give a slight boost to the commonness of silenced sidearms, which are very useful things to have.

The APB isn't quite an alternative to the M9SD either; it's more of a cross between M9SD and PDW, and I'd like to see it in the game as its own weapon.

PDW: For the PDW, I imagine the Skorpion Vz. 82 would be quite a good alternative, and a fair bit more common than the PP-91. It fires 9x18mm Makarov from a 20 round magazine, which gives better balance for a pistol-class weapon, in my opinion.

Tokarev TT-33: A solid, reliable gun, the Tokarev set the standard for Russian reliability. Including this in the game would definitely add a bit of eastern european flavour. With the 8 round magazine and 7.62x25mm round, it could be as common as the Makarov, do about the same damage to soft targets, but against other players (who appear to be wearing body armour), it could do significantly more damage thanks to the 7.62x25mm round's ability to reliably penetrate most kevlar vests.

LIGHT MACHINE GUNS:

M240 - Kalashnikov PKM

M249 - Kalashnikov RPK-74

MK 48 - Degtyarov RPD

M240: The PKM is a good choice' date=' both are belt-fed weapons chambered in a 7.62mm battle rifle round, but...

[b']Mk 48: I think the RPD is a bad choice as an alternative to this. The PKP Pecheneg is an 'updated' version of the PKM, and with a Kobra sight mounted it would be the perfect alternative to the Mk 48 CCO.

M249: RPK-74 is definitely the way to go with this one.

SHOTGUNS:

M1014 - Saiga 12

Remington 870 - Molot "Bekas" 12M

Winchester 1866 - None. It's not even a shotgun' date=' it's a lever-action rifle. If anything, the Winchester 1887 Shotgun should replace it, but that's not Russian either.

[/quote']

Saiga is, again, a good choice. Popular, common, and the stats can be quite similar (5 or 10 round magazines could be available throughout Chernarus, as well, with 10 round magazines being a bit rarer).

I suspect that the Winchester could be 'replaced' with a Browning Auto-5, since it's quite a popular shotgun which saw plenty of production in and around europe.

SUBMACHINE GUNS:

MP5A5 - PP2000

MP5SD6 - PP2000 with Silencer

PP2000 is not a very common gun in or outside of Russia. For a bit of variety' date=' I would choose...

[b']PPSh-41: A classic icon of the Russian army, the PPSh-41 would add a lot to the feel of DayZ; relying on older weapons to get the job done. Since it shares ammo with the TT-33, I hope that in the future Rocket can implement something that lets a player reload from different ammo sources, so that sharing ammo between compatible weapons is possible.

For a suppressed weapon, though, I can think of one alternative that would be more common than the PP2000:

The Sterling Mk 5: It's silent, uses standard 9mm rounds rather than SD ones, and is a relatively commonplace export weapon.

Another suggestion is the 9A-91, and similar variants. It can fit a suppressor, the 9x39mm round is quite hard hitting, but without the suppressor it easily fits the SMG form factor.

If Rocket makes it so that SMGs and small rifles take up less backpack space than long rifles and LMGs, then I think having a greater variety of SMGs would be important.

ASSAULT RIFLES

L85A2 AWS - I cannot find/think of any.

Lee Enfield - Mosin Nagant (Not that this doesn't have a petition already going or anything.)

M4A1 and its variants - AN-94 Akaban

M16A2 - Korobov TKB-517

M16A4 ACOG - Vepr AR

M16A2 M204 - OTs-14 Groza

A few of these suggestions seem... odd' date=' to say the least.

[b']L85A2 AWS: I suspect this could be replaced with the OTs-14, in scoped configuration. The main point of this rifle is the night vision / IR scope, though, so if there's a russian counterpart then that would be perfect.

Lee Enfield: Replace with the Mosin Nagant, definitely.

M4A1: The alternative to this is already in DayZ; the AK-74 line of weapons stand in quite nicely to the M4 / M16 line. The AKS-74u in DayZ is an adequate alternative to the M4, I think.

M4A1 CCO SD: This is a different kettle of fish. I propose replacing it with an AS VAL, as a more powerful alternative that has lower capacity (20 rounds, as oppose to 30). The ammo wouldn't be -too- rare, since the 9A-91 would share the same 9x39mm rounds, but it'd still be hard to come across. Along with a Kobra sight, it would be a good alternative to the M4A1 CCO SD.

M16A2: AK-74, pretty much. The bog standard AN-94 could be a rare alternative, though.

M16A4 ACOG: AN-94. It fires bursts accurately, and with a mounted PK-A scope, it would fill the role of a long-distance shooter quite nicely.

M16A2 M203: OTs-14 is, again, a good suggestion, but this time it could be equipped with the grenade launcher and no scope.

SNIPER RIFLES

BAF AS50 - OSV-96 Anti-Materiel Rifle

Barrett M107 -ORSIS T-5000

DMR - Lobaev SVL

M14 AIM - OTs-48K

M24 - SV-98

Once again' date=' a few odd ones, but nothing too out-there.

The bolt action rifles as alternatives to the AS50 and M107 could work out nicely; if they're equipped with better scopes and are a little more accurate, then I'm sure people wouldn't mind sacrificing the higher rate of fire for one of them.

The DMR alternative, though, is something of an odd choice.

I would've gone with an SVU as an alternative for the DMR, since they're both relatively compact rifles, and the SVD could still hold its crown as an elite camo covered sniper rifle.

ROCKET LAUNCHER

M136 - 9K111 Fagot

No' date=' I'm kidding.

M136 - RPG-7

Well, the RPG-7 is a no-brainer, but there are a couple more alternatives that could always be included.

Namely, the RPG-2 and the Carl Gustav.

Now, a few more notes I'd love to make.

The FN FAL could have the SVT-40 as an alternative. The SVT isn't that rare to find around eastern europe, and considering that it has a 10 round magazine capacity, the FAL would still be seen as a better alternative. I imagine SVD / SVU magazines could be converted to and from SVT magazines, since they're both loaded with 10 7.62x54mmR rounds. Not to mention it is a fucking sexy gun.

The SKS is another important inclusion that would be great to see in DayZ. It's pretty much the go-to semi-automatic rifle for those who can't afford a glorious Kalashnikov, and can be found all over the place.

Finally, the .22 LR guns... where are they?? DayZ really needs these, since .22 LR is more lethal than some people make it out to be. It'd be good for rabbits and headshotting the occasional zed.

Some people have misunderstood my post in this thread.

Let me attempt to clarify.

I did not state that the reason why there are so many US weapons/optics is because of an "experiment on Americans gone wrong," or "America came to save the day."

(THIS IS MY OWN RATIONALIZATION AS TO WHY THERE ARE A VARIETY OF WEAPONS IN-GAME.)

The Chernarusian government (Russian/Czech Republic) has ABDUCTED 10's of thousands of people from various nations, in order to test, further develop, and ultimately release a chemical agent that would possibly bring about WW3. They brought all these victims to Chernarus to see just how difficult it would be to overpower/outwit all those who had been in shelters/bunkers/had gas masks/wore protective suits at the time of an attack.

The CG (Chernarus Government,) wants to see just how familiar their potential enemies are with a wide variety of weapons (it's a possibility that other nations would offer logistical assistance to one another.) CG has stolen, bought, or traded to acquire these weapons and scattered them throughout the land.

I would LOVE to see more varieties of weapons, Japanese, Indian, German, Native American (yes, tomahawks and bow and arrows,) etc.

glock is european (austria) and widely exported, lee enfield is european (uk) but too old to be so common (as well as winchester) and I would make them less common and/or replace them with some russian alternative. But rest of the weapons, I dont really see problem. Include more CZs like CZ75 which was really favourite in eastern block, CZ805 Bren, Scorpion etc. those guns fits in but I dont see fitting with historical american gun like winchester.

But lots of guns you mentioned are european (m1014 is italian, m249 is belgian, m9 is in fact italian and exported incredibely etc.) or heavy exported american (m16s, 1911, remington, m24 etc.) but mainly used for law enforcement and/or military in eastern block. It is a incredible stereotype that every post soviet country is now equipped with AKs and RPGs. Czech republic always had its own weaponry - CZ, bulgaria uses HK/steyr and AK in their arsenal, ex-yugoslavia (where is chernarus, i believe) uses mainly nato guns and russian vehicles - like croatia, bosna etc.

I mean Chernarus is not Iraq... its copy of montenegro (Chernagora in russian).

So I believe that guns will be fitting if you reduce those historical lees and winchesters. CZ 550 is hunting weapon so i believe its ok that its there. I would love to see more CZs though, especially 75 and 2000 ;)

I am slav if you ask and I live in europe so I have first or second hand experience - I travel to ex-yugoslavia a lot.

Buthey, i am no rusophile so maybe thats why i would restrict this idea a little.

Include my vote for this! No need to take western weapons out of the game completely, but they should be rarefied and restricted to crash sites what not. Eastern weaponary is fun to play with anyways :)

I agree that the weapon set in DayZ needs to be 'russified'. Not sure about introducing all these exotic weapons, though. The M4/M16 type guns should just straight off be replaced with AK series weapons, with the AN-94 the top dog and the AKM at the 'bottom' of the commonness scale.

Ideally I'd like to see handguns, hunting rifles (5,56-.308 or maybe even bigger, with and without scopes) and shotguns (the double barrel and a pump, but NOT the bastard Winchester we have today) and the very, very occasional AKM or (even better) rusty old AK-47 in residential and farm buildings, and military hardware in the military bases. The Western hardware could be found only in helo wrecks, which would make more sense. Oh, and hunting rifles in the hunting towers, if that's even possible in ARMA (seems like they are classified 'military' no matter what).

I love the idea, but as others have said way too many prototype or just plain rare guns. I'd also like to say the amd-65 is a fairly common albeit Hungarian ak variant with a 12.6 inch barrel so it might be a suitable analogue to the M4.

No Vintorez or VSK-94 is a real shame. The entire family of 9x39 guns should be in dayz, they would be fantastic top tier silenced weapons.

Your wrong about the BAF A550..... theres already a KSVK Russian anti-material rifle modeled and ready to go in the vanilla game.

Also..... in the ARMA 2 Campaign the US Army/Marines invaded Chernarus. They took over military bases and probaly after the war was over probaly left a garrison of a few thousand troops equipped with Western weaponry and vehicles there. Which is why you see Huey"s and HMMWV"s every place you look. (Also the Chernarus military is given western weaponry and funding.... that is why if you play a match of Warfare in Vanilla ARMA as CDF you start with an M16)

We should not remove any Western guns,but add more Russian weapons yes, And everyone can have there own personal weapon of choice. Whether you like AK"s or M16"s.

Case Closed......

Learn the story of Chernarus before making suggestions folks

Your wrong about the BAF A550..... theres already a KSVK Russian anti-material rifle modeled and ready to go in the vanilla game.

Also..... in the ARMA 2 Campaign the US Army/Marines invaded Chernarus. They took over military bases and probaly after the war was over probaly left a garrison of a few thousand troops equipped with Western weaponry and vehicles there. Which is why you see Huey"s and HMMWV"s every place you look. (Also the Chernarus military is given western weaponry and funding.... that is why if you play a match of Warfare in Vanilla ARMA as CDF you start with an M16)

We should not remove any Western guns' date='but add more Russian weapons yes, And everyone can have there own personal weapon of choice. Whether you like AK"s or M16"s.

[hr']

Case Closed......

Learn the story of Chernarus before making suggestions folks

+1!!

exactly my opinion. Europe is full of western arms, hell we even make majority of them (FN, HK, Glock, Benelli ... they make your FAL, Minimi/m249, m9 etc.) and with the chernarus backstory it is just logical that the us and western europe guns are there.

And no, chernarus is not czech republic themed, after all - czech republic uses latin instead of cyrilic, has their own weaponry (CZ) and has no coasts. Its more of balkan/eastern europe themed. But CZ are really favourite all around eastern europe so it should be added. Add guns, dont replace them.

damn those rusophiles... :D

Chhernarus is pseudo ex soviet country like Ukraine and Belarus, so have only 10% of russian weaponry is little weird, arma got lot's russian weapons included, but for some reason mostly US/Brit weaponry was used.

Chhernarus is pseudo ex soviet country like Ukraine and Belarus' date=' so have only 10% of russian weaponry is little weird, arma got lot's russian weapons included, but for some reason mostly US/Brit weaponry was used.

[/quote']

Bulgaria, Czech Republic or eastern germany was soviet too... I dont see much russian weaponry in their armies ;)

Ukraine and belarus dont have coastline so still its more like Montenegro/chernagora at adriatic coastline. And its ex-yugoslavian teritorry which was never soviet, and due to NATO operations, huge amount of nato weaponry was exported in this area. Believe me, BIS arent stupid, they know those locations perfectly ;) And I know the stereotype - writes in cyrilic = knows nothing but AKs; but AK is now copy-produced mainly in china and is equipped by less and less official armies (and more and more insurgents).

Its fame is gone ;)