TBK434

Banned for Intimidation.

I'd like to start off saying I'm disappointed in Valhalla's admins...

Tonight my friends and I were playing on LA1 as we normally do, and we started running tracks from Devil's Castle, NW Airfield, and Stary Sobor, looking for supplies and MABYE some players to hunt... and we're decently geared, worked for about a week to scavenge our items, meaning we haven't hacked ONCE in our ENTIRE time playing the game.

That said, we were on our way to the NW Airfield when we start hearing shots being fired, so we went to investigate, we found 4-5 players having a run in with zombies, so we all took up positions waiting for the moment to come.

As we saw 2 players run across the field into the hangars, we followed their trail and tossed a few nades into the hangar.

As we were investigating the hangar, one of our group decided to check out the air tower, on his way there he was sniped, down on the ground, unconcious, bleeding. As we shot at the sniper, we went to find our friend's body and as we took care of the sniper, we found out he was down to really low blood, it was REALLY dark, so we couldn't pinpoint his location. We never found him and we proceeded to loot the spoils of the Airfield and leave for home base. As we all respawned and our mates on their way to home base, when our friend who had given up and logged out, logging back in to respawn fresh on the coast, was banned for "Hacking". After he was banned for "Hacking", I was banned for "Hacking" as well. After me were 2 others of our group also banned for hacking. At this time the admins haven't said a word in chat, no warning for the consequences. We are currently hoping for an appeal and unban, we don't have anything against the admins, we don't hate them, or dislike them. We'd just like to continue playing on our home server.

Thanks for reading! :) (We also use Vent, explaining how we found out that the downed comrade was at low blood.)

I'd like to start off saying I'm disappointed in Valhalla's admins...

Tonight my friends and I were playing on LA1 as we normally do' date=' and we started running tracks from Devil's Castle, NW Airfield, and Stary Sobor, looking for supplies and MABYE some players to hunt... and we're decently geared, worked for about a week to scavenge our items, meaning we haven't hacked ONCE in our ENTIRE time playing the game.

That said, we were on our way to the NW Airfield when we start hearing shots being fired, so we went to investigate, we found 4-5 players having a run in with zombies, so we all took up positions waiting for the moment to come.

As we saw 2 players run across the field into the hangars, we followed their trail and tossed a few nades into the hangar.

As we were investigating the hangar, one of our group decided to check out the air tower, on his way there he was sniped, down on the ground, unconcious, bleeding. As we shot at the sniper, we went to find our friend's body and as we took care of the sniper, we found out he was down to really low blood, it was REALLY dark, so we couldn't pinpoint his location. We never found him and we proceeded to loot the spoils of the Airfield and leave for home base. As we all respawned and our mates on their way to home base, when our friend who had given up and logged out, logging back in to respawn fresh on the coast, was banned for "Hacking". After he was banned for "Hacking", I was banned for "Hacking" as well. After me were 2 others of our group also banned for hacking. At this time the admins haven't said a word in chat, no warning for the consequences. We are currently hoping for an appeal and unban, we don't have anything against the admins, we don't hate them, or dislike them. We'd just like to continue playing on our home server.

Thanks for reading! :) (We also use Vent, explaining how we found out that the downed comrade was at low blood.)

[/quote']

Clearly a case of hacking.

Appeal denied.

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!

Your Cobain and his mates i assume the only ones who were banned and you were banned for the tent hacks Theres alot of us who play on LA 1 and when Cobain leaves the server to reconnect and mark the map with every tent and every vehicle. Everytime your group relogged ( which was constant and full disconnects not just partial) You owuld mark the map with anythign new that has happened...Tents Vehicles moved...ect As a player on the server myself i brought it to the attention of VAL You don't even have the appropriate story. Oh and hey after thoes 4 from your group were banned and you threatened to Nuke the server Well directly after that all of the non sense crashing and marking was stopped.

( Cobain and his group should be monitored if you see them in your server they dis connect and reconnect constantly with ping that go anywhere from 30ms -3000ms Cobain's theory is If you cant play with the big boys cheat.)

Cobain here, we do reconnect often but only because we try to make room for other people in our group or just random crashes (such as pc over heat power outage and etc).

To the tent hack accusation, i dont even know what tent hacking is.

As for reconnecting to see other players that is not the case, we mark stuff on the map that find by walking there and even thats rare, only thing we ever post on the maps is places where we died\killed.

We did however got strong on their server and raided many areas that Val clan may not have approve of.

We are NOT group of losers that hack and hop servers.

If we were hacking wouldn't we be banned by battleeye? i don't understand this logic.

Also wildgun, can you explain to me how you got to the conclusion that we are hacking?

Thats a cool story but it wasn't the val clan at the airfield so it has nothing to do with your ban ..The Valhalla clan does not care where you raid or how powerful you get on their server but when you keep rejoining and marking every tent and car on the map they get a little mad..also how is reconnecting making room?

The public has been complaining about your team before for glitching the walls in cherno and then your team threatening to Nuke the server drew the line with us, We run a respectable server if you want to hack and glitch get your own server because its not happening in ours.

Thats a cool story but it wasn't the val clan at the airfield so it has nothing to do with your ban ..The Valhalla clan does not care where you raid or how powerful you get on their server but when you keep rejoining and marking every tent and car on the map they get a little mad..also how is reconnecting making room?

So you were the one in the hangers trapped, until u disconnected changed a server change position and reconnected? that was cool man.

we DON'T mark tents on the map, you can't prove it was us and i can't deny it with proof either.

As for the nuking server, we never EVER said that, nor do we even know how to do it, most of our group are new players.

Thats an even cooler story bro' date=' but we were past the whole airfield issue when we found out about the supposed tent/car glitching. So there was no point in mentioning it. And to bluntly state it our group has not or will not ever glitch in any fashion. We are all against cheating in any form. With that being said there is no evidence at all it was even us. It was all purely coincidental. We came on at almost the exact same time every night and the people who are actually doing it probably do the same thing. You all fail to realize that anybody with a map can mark it anywhere. And every time i find a tent i mark it on the map just to further screw that person over. It's happened many times to us so it is only fair we do it back. Some of the major issues that Cobain and I have playing this game is overheating and major FPS drop. My computer overheats at least a coupe times a night and until i get new fans will continue to do so. The 80-90 degree weather in my room does not help. Cobain experiences major FPS drop after playing for a little while so he restarts often.

The public has been complaining about your team before for glitching the walls in cherno and then your team threatening to Nuke the server drew the line with us, We run a respectable server if you want to hack and glitch get your own server because its not happening in ours.

Then the public is under the illusion that we actually spend time in Cherno. The last time either myself or Cobain stepped in Cherno was well over a week ago. All those times we actually claimed to be in cherno killing people were not true. Burgerking being the most outspoken hater of that. Like i stated before we do not cheat in any way. We hate it just as much as you all do. As for the whole nuking comment I'm not even sure what that entails and I'm also not sure who said. If you could please tell me that would be appreciated.

Sounds to me like a case of the admins were mad, had absolutely no evidence of hacking and just banned them all for hacking.

I'd say make the admins provide the evidence of hacking as I'm 100% sure that banning without evidence is not permitted and could result in the bans being reversed or worse - the server possibly being shut down.

I just wanted to ask a few questions and make a few statements since I believe there are certain things that need to be clarified. In no way do I intend to annoy/intimidate/whatever anyone, but I think some things do need to be said. Mostly, I'd like to clarify a few things because we really do enjoy the server that you guys have put up for us and we enjoy having a healthy competition with you guys. If there is someone I can speak to privately about this matter, please let me know so I can speak to you about this on a more appropriate venue.

An issue on the forum post about their being banned from your server on the DayZ forums has come to my attention, specifically about "glitching the walls in Cherno." I want to vouch for them, because I know for a fact that they (Essinians, Cobain and myself, at least) haven't been in Cherno for at least the past week or so. I know that when people were getting sniped in Cherno, Cobain piped up when people were getting vocal about it, but it was him making a joke out of it. He was never anywhere near Cherno. I was standing next to him in the middle of a field inland (Probably near Stary or Zelenogorsk, it's been a few days so I don't remember exactly where it was I just know it wasn't anywhere near the coast, much less Cherno) when he was making those jokes. In order to ruin his joke, I noted on blue chat that the sniper wasn't Cobain but nobody would listen to me. Essinians, Cobain and I have generally been avoiding the coast. As for the other people that have met up with us along the way, I cannot speak for their actions though I am willing to investigate this matter if need be.

It has also come to my attention on this post that threats were made to "nuke the server". I'm tempted to say that this matter was brought to you via hear-say or by someone else other than Essinians or Cobain or myself. I assure you that neither of them or myself had any intentions of doing anything like that. We really, truly enjoy your server and the people on it (despite our antics) so why would we even want to? We really don't have any idea who made the threat to nuke the server. Upon investigation, the threat was made after Essinians and Cobain got banned so it couldn't have been either of them (How could they make the threat if they weren't there to make it?). I wasn't online for that, so I don't know. Therefore, I would like to ask you who made the threat to nuke the server? It certainly wasn't one of us three.

Thanks for your time.

(Just to clarify, I wasn't banned. Probably because I wasn't around during the whole airfield raid fiasco. However, my friends were. I'm sad that they've been banned for something that they didn't do. I really like that server and I'd really enjoy being able to play with them again. I've been playing with Essinian and Cobain ever since I started DayZ, so at the very least I can vouch for them.)

No one has posted solid proof either' date=' all just words.

If you think the Devs are not reading any of the ban appeals, might want to RETHINK.

[/quote']

Regarding which side? There's not much we can do in terms of logs since we're just players. If the admin of the Val server are unwilling (or unable, I don't exactly know if they can access chat logs or other kinds of logs or not) to go through their server's logs to verify our info, there's not much we can do.

Indeed, as a server admin aswell, you can't just ban someone on DayZ, you have to have proof, it could be anyone hacking. I haven't banned anyone on my server, but if I did I'd have screenshot proof or logs of it.

Sounds to me like a case of the admins were mad' date=' had absolutely no evidence of hacking and just banned them all for hacking.

I'd say make the admins provide the evidence of hacking as I'm 100% sure that banning without evidence is not permitted and could result in the bans being reversed or worse - the server possibly being shut down.

[/quote']

Bull. I dont believe they were banned in the first place. They should provide proof of said bans. They cant just jump on the forums and start spamming accusations. Forum mods and devs need to put in a system where if someone decides they have been infringed upon, they must provide proof to back up their accusations.

If they don't, then thread deleted. These players provide no proof as to what occured, so i dont believe them. I think they are full of crap. Need proof.

And Curgon

"No one has posted solid proof either, all just words."

You flip flop more than anyone ive ever seen.

Sounds to me like a case of the admins were mad' date=' had absolutely no evidence of hacking and just banned them all for hacking.

[/quote']

Bull. I dont believe they were banned in the first place. They should provide proof of said bans. They cant just jump on the forums and start spamming accusations. Forum mods and devs need to put in a system where if someone decides they have been infringed upon, they must provide proof to back up their accusations.

If they don't, then thread deleted. These players provide no proof as to what occured, so i dont believe them. I think they are full of crap. Need proof.

I really, sincerely hope you're joking. Otherwise.. wat. >.>

Wow, someone has alot of hate balled up inside them, He's a fine mod.

Second, we ARE banned. I'd like to post a screenshot of me trying to log into LA1, just to be kicked before I see the lobby screen, but you'd just take it as a kick for different reason.

http://www.valhallaclan.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=74#74

Updated info there. The site admin replied:

"Hi katy it was put on the map that our server was getting nuked Val fags , that is why your team got banned, I dont pay for a server for people to disrespect us, The public should be happy we provide a good server, You get your clan to post in the forums with appologies I will unban them from our server but i will keep an eye on them and if i see any more comments about our clan from them they will be banned for good. Is that fair."

Personally, I don't think this is very fair considering ANYONE can mark on the map anonymously. It sounds like they simply assumed it was our group and banned them for it. :/ Is there any form of log that they can go through to further investigate this?

Perhaps the server logs shows map markers? You could ask him to prove it that way.

Waiting to see if they'll oblige. So far, the only other response from them is from a forum mod (fadedd) on their forum that says:

"i remember the first time i got ban from a server... its CALLED JOIN ANOTHER SERVER AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE THERE IS THOUSANDS OF SERVERS FOR YOU AND YOUR TEAM TO BE BAD IN"

:/ Lame.

They sound like a bunch of punks. Their server probably isn't worth the time of day. Just head off to another server whilst you continue to press the issue.

They sound like a bunch of punks. Their server probably isn't worth the time of day. Just head off to another server whilst you continue to press the issue.

Probably not at this point. It's annoying that they're acting that way. The non-clan people that typically frequent that server are generally pretty cool people though, generally a nice bunch.

From what I understand, someone was running around the map marking their tents but it wasn't us. It's starting to look like they thought it was us and got mad about it.

What's more concerning is that they've banned us and they might attempt to tarnish our reputation as far as other servers go. It seems like it would be easy for word to spread once someone starts trying to smear someone else's name.

I'm also concerned that at this point they may find some way to fabricate the log information. Not sure if this is possible, but they've become so adamant about this particular situation that I feel like they wouldn't risk their own reputations by admitting they were wrong. I guess we'll just have to start recording everything we do from now on. :/

Exactly what Katy said.

Also, people like Fadded are the ones who drag DOWN reputations for clans with douche-bag comments like the one Katy quoted. If that's the type of person you want in your clan, and on your server, no one should play on it.

I wouldn't worry about it. Other server admins have the common sense to use their own judgment of the situation rather than another's opinion.

[/quote']

And Curgon

"No one has posted solid proof either, all just words."

You flip flop more than anyone ive ever seen.

You are a fool. They -were- banned as the statements of the server owner state. You need to pay attention.