Sign in to follow this  
Red_Ensign

items vanishing off of me

last night in the space of a few minutes I had a sword, a hat and a jacket I was wearing vanish, and a smersh vest and a plate carrier holster vanish from my tent inventory while I was looking at it.  I wasn't moving them and the server didn't reset while they were on the ground or anything.  and I came out of the tent and looked around and nobody was around.

can someone explain?  was it some kind of hack?  is it a bug?  because that's some bullshit there.

Did your character end up entirely naked? My friend and I were in a firefight with someone and he just popped into nakedness (lost his backpack, gun, shoes, clothes). A few moments later a guy appeared in front of us, disappeared, and I was unconcious, then my friend was unconcious. I'm not claiming hack or anything, just sharing a possibly similar experience. 

Edited by Maia

no just certain things disappearing.  and it's not the first time (jackets and vests vanishing off my back), but last night was the worst case.

I have an issues with the new vest, was lucky to find all the attachable parts and equipped it. Whenever I place an item inside the vest it just vanishes.

It might be server desynch with the actual item- as in you loot it but it stays on the floor for other players. If they then pick it up the server updates it's position to be on them.

Saw it in a stream the other day when someone switched weapons and their m4 stayed on the ground, the other player was able to strip it of all attachments by removing them from the gun on the floor.

Or it could be an old hack that's resurfacing.

Or it could be some other thing entirely.

If your character goes naked.. someone stripped the loot off your body.... that requires an external program that battle eye looks for... same thing with your tent.