Sign in to follow this  
Just Caused

[Suggestion] Add effects before 'You are Dead' sign

Do you like this suggestion?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this feature to be added in game?

• Yes, I do want.
    • I don't agree with this suggestion fully.
    • No, I don't want.

Hello, I think we should add a new animation, sounds and effects when you are about to die, instead of instant black screen.

Have you ever played in night and thought what just happen? Why my screen is black suddenly? *2 seconds later when 'You are Dead' sign appears* Oh, yes, I just died.

I think, for example when you die, your character goes in prone animation and effects and sounds start doing their part ( Eyes closing and opening, character's painfull dying sound and then when eyes are closed, black screen is on and then it should say you are dead )

https://youtu.be/IvjAlbTWju0?t=133

( Turn down volume if you don't like loud sounds )

Like it's shown in the video, you can clearly see how awesome does it look. I hope developers will accept this suggestion because it adds more fun than seeing actual 'YOU DIEDED' sign. :)

Edited by JustCaused

I like the sudden totality of the simple you are dead text, so plain and empty, gives you a feeling of emptyness when you suddenly die and you stare trying to comprehend

I would however prefer better effects for unconsciousness though, such as fading to black, or drifting in and out of consciousness like arma 3

• Like 2

I like the sudden totality of the simple you are dead text, so plain and empty, gives you a feeling of emptyness when you suddenly die and you stare trying to comprehend

I would however prefer better effects for unconsciousness though, such as fading to black, or drifting in and out of consciousness like arma 3

That sudden text effect is used by games from 90's. Things have to change. You get one shoot from Mosin and just you are dead black screen? Even effect of you fighting for life gives you a bit more sense for fighting for life but knowing that you can't do anything about it. That's the real life also. You still think that you can get through and try to fight for life, even knowing that you'll die. Things change if you get 360 noscope headshot. I think when it's headshot, it should be effect that we use right now, insta black screen with 'You dieded' message.

There is effects, blurred vision and a greying screen.  When you're dead, you're dead.

There is effects, blurred vision and a greying screen.  When you're dead, you're dead.

Those effects are because of low blood. Not death effects.

Those effects are because of low blood. Not death effects.

Those effects are you slowly dying

• Like 2

I like the colour fade, but the blurryness is too much, and is pretty sudden rather than gradual

I get what you mean though, keep you are dead screen, but maybe if you are on almost no blood you might fall down and start dying, rather than waiting til you have no blood and just just dropping dead. This could work, especislly watching other people's reactions as you slowly and painfully die, some might mercy kill, some might try to help, some may just start searching your pockets before your body is cold

• Like 1

What do you think happens when you die? "Shut off the lights and close up shop everyone, we're done here". Bing, Bam, Boom.

You Are Dead.

All that stuff (fluttering eyes, groaning/screaming, etc) you mention? It happens when you are still alive. Once you are gone, you are gone.

Not including the fact that many injuries that our characters can survive quite handily in-game would knock you the fuck out in real life, where you would then bleed out.

Generally, any injury that causes you to lose a lot of blood really fast, like a solid gunshot with big (rifle caliber) bullets, or a blow/blade to a limb (major arteries) will cause you to fall unconscious due to loss of blood pressure. And even if you are still conscious after losing all that blood, the pain of such a wound is likely to knock you out, as the stress overwhelms the nervous system and you go night-night as a result.

No, leave the "You Are Dead" screen like it is: I like the "finality" such a presentation causes.

However, I actually agree with you as to how we make no noises when injured. If you get shot/stabbed/bludgeoned, you scream in pain, and continue to do so until your mates inject you with some morphine (the whole "morphine fixes broken limbs" thing REALLY NEEDS TO NOT BE A THING. #Splintsorbust). Sprain an ankle, and hear your character grunt n' groan (trust me, walking on a sprained ankle HURTS. I did it down a mountain, all 3000 feet of it. I wanted to die) until they stop, rests, ties it up, and takes some painkillers and anti-inflammatories. Get an infected wound, and listen to your character bitch about it until you stop, clean it out, and do something for the pain, either pop some pain pills or make a natural remedy. (of which there are several. I make self-named "Hillbilly Nyquil" from making a reduced solution of wintergreen tea. It numbs you out like nobodies business)

Right now, our characters are little more than automatons, sprinting around Chernarus unendingly with bullets remaining in our flesh.

I like the colour fade, but the blurryness is too much, and is pretty sudden rather than gradual
I get what you mean though, keep you are dead screen, but maybe if you are on almost no blood you might fall down and start dying, rather than waiting til you have no blood and just just dropping dead. This could work, especislly watching other people's reactions as you slowly and painfully die, some might mercy kill, some might try to help, some may just start searching your pockets before your body is cold

The "blurryness" is what happens in real life, effectively. As you lose blood, and therefore, blood pressure, everything in your body has trouble working. This includes the focusing ability of your eyes.

Not even including the fact that shock, as a result of injury (which is what causes you to lose "blood" in the first place", often causes blurry, greyscale vision, as well as confusion, nausea, and a host of other symptoms. Edited by Inception.
Posts merged.