nudelwalker

This is a survival game

I find it funny that lots of people complain about how hard it is to survive now.

In a survival game.

Yes, you can't just stick to the hot spots anymore, grab some food, guns and run around for some quick action..

Yes, you will die a lot because you can't find food.

Yes , you will have to start to think and plan about how you are going to survive the next half hour.

Try to trade, try to hunt (f.e. gather stones->make a stone knife->get a ashwood stick & rope->make a bow)

think carefully before you go into the next town without any weapon.

Risk your health against zombies for food that maybe isn't there at all?

maybe better team up with that other guy to try and make a plan to distract the zombs?

or one goes picking fruits while the other goes gathering stuff?

All that for maybe getting betrayed in the end?

THAT's the stuff this game was born from.

It's that DEATH is common, and survival is rare.

That's what gives you such a rewarding feeling if you manage to STAY ALIFE.

I love it now, and i hope the casual quick action gamers find the golden chalice of unmatched game experience this system offers, or leave.

If you don't like all this at all, then it just isn't the right game for you.

Stay hardcore guys, stay alive.

Edited by Styrias
  • Like 23

That's all good to die from, i agree. It just pisses me off when I get a 1 hit K.O from "No Message Recieved in XX seconds." And Bam, fresh spawn.

Still i think zombies are too overpowered. And it's bullshit zombies take 5 - 7 hits with a damn firefighter axe to die...

Edited by DannyNickelov
  • Like 1

Still i think zombies are too overpowered. And it's bullshit zombies take 5 - 7 hits with a damn firefighter axe to die...

Where are you hitting them ?? i ask because so far i have needed more than 3 swings of a splitting axe to kill an infected....

• Like 1

Point is, that dayzSA hasn't been what it is going to be since the start, and as these changes start rolling out, people are going to get angry.

I ain't even mad, it's amazing. 

but PSA: 

- do NOT stay on the coast.
- do NOT assume anything near the spawnpoints will have ANYTHING.
- do NOT try to fight the zombies like the good ol days (ie last week)
- do NOT assume that the old hot-zones have ANYTHING.

however

- do move around, if you've never been somewhere, go.
- do take it easy, if you run, or sprint, you will only die faster. Z, hunger/thirst
- do adventurous things, talk to that guy, sneak past that zombie, eat the yellow snow.
- do try... atleast try, to play the game in a different way. 
- do listen to the fanboys/fangirls of the game, (not the guys being dicks) and take some advice.
- do team up, if you know somebody from here, or that plays, or your estranged mother, anybody. team up with them.
- do respect eachothers opinions.

flame on!

• Like 5

i agree that zombies are a bit.... complicated as of now. but i have a few points to consider.

1. zombies are running on the new animations, players are not. that's one of the reasons they are so agile, and difficult to hit in the face.

2. a lot of the zombie issues are server/client related, wich is also undergoing work, to deal with desync and lag. (eugen is making a thread on it)

3. a .22 round to the head will kill a civilian zombie, and is pretty quiet. the sporter is your friend.. finally.

4. I believe that zombie speed is just scaled to the player, wich will be reduced in the future, leading to slower zombies.

5. sounds are coming, the silence will give way to new soundfiles.

6. run... don't fight them the second they show up, run dip dodge dive and dodge, circle back, and sneak up on them.

I recommend using the stun baton (with battery attached) !

it took me 1-2 hits for many zombies

• Like 1

What you don't realise is most people play DayZ for the intense firefights that can happen (as Oshi said) than just running around for hours constantly picking stuff up from the floor. 

Edited by Ch4y

Yeah, in real life, could anything take more then three axe hits before they died?

50 cent.

but jokes aside, people on drugs, and just on adrenaline can survive a LOT, and my experience is that due to zombies flailing a lot, my hits hardly ever connect in the head.

it's arms, chest, dick, arms, arms. gunshots are far easier for me.

• Like 1

What you don't realise is most people play DayZ for the intense firefights that can happen (as Oshi said) than just running around for hours constantly picking stuff up from the floor. 

Can't still understand those people when there are many better games for that, for example Arma.

• Like 5

How the game is right now, very good, intense, gotta watch out for walkers, but i think they need to make them a bit slower, before the update they were good, they were as fast as a player, but now a bit faster, wich makes it too OP in my opinion, are they wearing anti-stab vests? Even with a gun, they die after 5 shots and between 4 and 7 melee hits with metal axe... i like the idea, i am not hating, but it would be a bit more enjoyable when they reduced the movement speed for the zeds a little bit.

Can't still understand those people when there are many better games for that, for example Arma.

I understand that but It's the fact that It's thrilling when you kill people because it can take hours to gear up and once you get in the fights you don't want to die because of all the looting and running you have done to get to that place.

Also, it is relatively rare to find people on the game and when you find them it's exciting. 

Edited by Ch4y

Most people are playing the wrong game then. 

• Like 8

Most people are playing the wrong game then. 

Then why is it added to the game? You're saying that this game is becoming a new farming simulator? Zombies are nothing, the players are the real threat.

Most DayZ videos on youtube are firefights and that is why most people play the game.

Edited by Ch4y

Then why is it added to the game? You're saying that this game is becoming a new farming simulator? Zombies are nothing, the players are the real threat.

I think he is saying that the people who want to play the version of dayz that is "easy food, easy drink, easy zombies, easy loot, then PvP" are going to get even more dissapointed as the game develops, the devs have stated on numerous occations that Dayz isn't going to be like that.. It is going to be "PvE, death, death, death, death, death, PvE, and then maybe PvP"

Most DayZ videos on youtube are firefights and that is why most people play the game.

Well, most people are playing for the wrong reasons then. And zombies are nothing? Someone hasn't played .55, have they?

• Like 1

Well, most people are playing for the wrong reasons then. And zombies are nothing? Someone hasn't played .55, have they?

I have been playing it and they aren't really that threatening to me. Just glitchy as fuck which makes them a threat. 

Edited by Ch4y

I think he is saying that the people who want to play the version of dayz that is "easy food, easy drink, easy zombies, easy loot, then PvP" are going to get even more dissapointed as the game develops, the devs have stated on numerous occations that Dayz isn't going to be like that.. It is going to be "PvE, death, death, death, death, death, PvE, and then maybe PvP"

They have said that all along. Of course, when they released the game 16 months ago, it was anything but that. The game was easy sauce PVE for that entire 16 months, except for the bugginess of the game. Now, it's different. I don't see why people complain about people complaining(wait, is that what I'm doing?). Who really knows where the game will end up when it hits retail in 2 years. It might be a pure farming simulator, where guns are used to shoot bugs off the vegetables. A for-profit company will eventually take feedback from the community, adjust both the feedback and the company goals, and try to make a great game. Just look at WOW and Blizzard. They adjust, swing too far one way, and adjust back. It's a constant give and take over years. This is the first real change Dayz SA has seen so far. It won't be the last.

• Like 1

I have been playing it and they aren't really that threatening to me. Just glitchy as fuck which makes them a threat. 

So how do you kill them so easily, then? 

I don't. I either trap them in buildings, sneak or run away from them. 

I don't. I either trap them in buildings, sneak or run away from them. 

Sounds like they're a threat to me ;)

• Like 1

One handed weapon, hit their head, easy kills. They can hit you once or twice before you hit them. Run away is the best option but they're not that hard to kill if you need to do that.

I find it funny that lots of people complain about how hard it is to survive now.

In a survival game.

Yes, you can't just stick to the hot spots anymore, grab some food, guns and run around for some quick action..

Yes, you will die a lot because you can't find food.

Yes , you will have to start to think and plan about how you are going to survive the next half hour.

Try to trade, try to hunt (f.e. gather stones->make a stone knife->get a ashwood stick & rope->make a bow)

think carefully before you go into the next town without any weapon.

Risk your health against zombies for food that maybe isn't there at all?

maybe better team up with that other guy to try and make a plan to distract the zombs?

or one goes picking fruits while the other goes gathering stuff?

All that for maybe getting betrayed in the end?

THAT's the stuff this game was born from.

It's that DEATH is common, and survival is rare.

That's what gives you such a rewarding feeling if you manage to STAY ALIFE.

I love it now, and i hope the casual quick action gamers find the golden chalice of unmatched game experience this system offers, or leave.

If you don't like all this at all, then it just isn't the right game for you.

Stay hardcore guys, stay alive.

I agree with your general sentiment - it should be difficult to find the bare necessities for survival, let alone the more high-end stuff like specific weapon attachments or rangefinders or the like.

But (and it's a big but), it should take much longer to die from stuff like illness or malnourishment or exposure to the elements. There need to be effects on your character that significantly impact upon your ability to run around, fight and carry out other tasks; but they shouldn't kill you so quickly. Chernarus should be crawling (literally, perhaps) with desperate survivors, trying at once to find solutions to the short term problems of food and medicine, as well as trying to build up longer term survival solutions like self-defence, storage of loot you've scavenged and crafting tools.

Getting a healthy, well-functioning character should take ages, and be really hard to maintain, but there shouldn't be so much dying-and-starting-again (unless you get attacked).

• Like 1