Sign in to follow this  
BeaverProductions

Beav - DayZ Standalone - 0.55 Zombie AI

Too bad getting hit just 3 times might completely ruin your chest cloth and/or most items, this is however very random on how much they tear apart your clothes.

I have however been completely healthy, and gotten killed in 10 hits, two first hits broke my leg(interesting to see that you standing naked could take more of a beating than I could with lots of gear and healthy when I tested).

The worst thing is the current desynch of the zombies and warping or teleporting zombies when they get stuck. when they are at full sprint they are a real handful to deal with as they will go through you and start hitting you in the back, and when you turn around it will warp through you again.(again this is random and I consider it a bug).

I've also experienced them being too close so that most mosin shots into the chest region will go through them(I assume this is due to the going through you desynch issue).

I managed to get a pickaxe today on my travels and one headshot seem's to kill the Zombies just fine. There definitely seem's to be more of them than before but they react a lot slower to my presence than i was expecting, but they hit quite hard when they actually hit you.

I went into town naked to kill off a sick character, and went fisticuffs on two zombies.  I was shocked that both were dead in 2 or 3 punches.  when an axe takes 5 or 6???

I went into town naked to kill off a sick character, and went fisticuffs on two zombies.  I was shocked that both were dead in 2 or 3 punches.  when an axe takes 5 or 6???

Yeah a few well placed punches to the head seems to do the trick and the zeds dont get back up afterwards anymore

I managed to get a pickaxe today on my travels and one headshot seem's to kill the Zombies just fine. There definitely seem's to be more of them than before but they react a lot slower to my presence than i was expecting, but they hit quite hard when they actually hit you.

They seem to hit harder when you have more gear on.  Ive managed to 1 shot some with a well placed headshot but they seem to always get a hit in on you which often makes you bleed

Too bad getting hit just 3 times might completely ruin your chest cloth and/or most items, this is however very random on how much they tear apart your clothes.

I have however been completely healthy, and gotten killed in 10 hits, two first hits broke my leg(interesting to see that you standing naked could take more of a beating than I could with lots of gear and healthy when I tested).

The worst thing is the current desynch of the zombies and warping or teleporting zombies when they get stuck. when they are at full sprint they are a real handful to deal with as they will go through you and start hitting you in the back, and when you turn around it will warp through you again.(again this is random and I consider it a bug).

I've also experienced them being too close so that most mosin shots into the chest region will go through them(I assume this is due to the going through you desynch issue).

Ive not had anything ruined yet, just damaged.

Killed in 10 hits? Nasty.  Was that with gear or naked?  Naked I had legs and arms broken quite easily trying to respawn.

The dsync is chronic.  Zombies teleporting right next to you like silent ninjas scares the shit out of me :)

What I see from recordings, player responses and my own experiences so far is that it all seems completely random.

It possibly has a lot to do with desync as well.

I have had multiple vests, pants, jackets and hats plus all contents ruined from anywhere between 1 and 10 hits.

Have taken multiple punches from zombies without taking any damage to myself or my equipment and have been taken down by a civilian zombie in 1 hit whilst being completely energized, hydrated and healthy. 

*shrug*

I'm not saying it's all bad, but it ain't good either!