Sign in to follow this  
PaulChatterton

Lack of Appropriate Servers

There are three things I look for in a server.

1. It should be a stable branch

2. It should be a UK server

3. It should operate on real time, or close to real time, i.e. when it's 2315 IRL, it's 2315 in game. I'm not too worried if it's up to an hour out, but I don't want to be playing in daylight when it's night IRL.

This used not to be a problem, but for some reason, all the stable UK servers on real time have disappeared in the last couple of days. I have been playing on Fragnet servers mostly, but my usual server now seems to have gone over to daytime only. Are UK servers on real time likely to come back?

I guess a lot of people only get to play in the evening and therefore don't wish to only play at night. I had the real time on my server for 1 day, and it went from having 50 people on it, to having 6 people, and once this was turned off, back to 50. I won't be turning it back on.

• Like 1

Maybe lower your standards a bit ;)

I always play on 1st person server with real time.

Eislecker Survivor Team

Address: 5.9.22.46   Port: 2302

There are some from germany, luxemburg, some from UK and other parts of europe. The performance is pretty good, allthough it's not super populated. But it's not located in the UK.

I have like 6? private shard Servers i cycle through. Some of them are UK based and FULL most of the time.

Maybe lower your standards a bit ;)

I always play on 1st person server with real time.

Eislecker Survivor Team

Address: 5.9.22.46   Port: 2302

There are some from germany, luxemburg, some from UK and other parts of europe. The performance is pretty good, allthough it's not super populated. But it's not located in the UK.

Thanks for the tip. It's not so much the location of the server that draws me to UK servers, but the language. If I come across another player, I don't kill on sight; I'd rather try to communicate, and the nationality of the server sets a reasonable expectation as to which language should be used for that communication, and I don't speak any language except English well enough for that.

I guess a lot of people only get to play in the evening and therefore don't wish to only play at night. I had the real time on my server for 1 day, and it went from having 50 people on it, to having 6 people, and once this was turned off, back to 50. I won't be turning it back on.

That makes sense, but it's not really new. Until this weekend, there were plenty of UK servers running on IRL time, and then they suddenly all disappeared.

I'm puzzled why this topic has been moved to the New Players thread. I'm not a new player, and it's not an issue that's limited to new players. I've been playing for months, on and off, and this is a problem that just cropped up this weekend.