break

Is PvP & Atmosphere Dying in DayZ SA?

From a status report:

Now.

Good for Cholera (not sure how many times you could ever say that lol)

Movements speeds? Don't care - should have kept them realistic as we never had an issue in the mod.

Did you turn off headbob? 

I wasn't aware of 1pp games causing motion sickness until DayZ? Is it the same with COD/BF? Or just DayZ? Out of curiosity? 

Turn off head bob and motion blur and you have the exact same game as any other FPS in that you move a rectangle around a virtual world and pressing keys make you move.

I've made this very clear - you're not playing a game, you have access to dev builds.

We've been in development for a little over a year now, and have -also- been very clear that this project would take an average 3 year development cycle. As recent as December we communicated a release from Early Access that is six months shorter than that.

And that impacts the decision to make us run at ridiculous speeds how? I've been led to believe it was because of the lack of vehicles but if that's not the case and there's a design reason for it, great! :)

You may have made it clear but I think it's very naive to put that out there "You're not accessing a game but a dev build" - oh, ok, so how many people know that? Hardly any I bet know it and even less understand what that means but the perception that it's a game is still there and I think the perception is an important thing to maintain throughout the development process as it tells everyone what direction the game is going in :)

you have no clue. most of us that suffer from it do play with settings many times over to fix the motion sickness.

always someone trying to fix a reaction to the game settings.

headbob off for those that can't understand that.

It isn't just a couple people saying it, its many saying this. We use FOV 25% or less out so we adjust.

Because there is so many problems with low house heights, zooming through buildings etc.. you get foggy feeling after a bit.

Sometimes games with 1pp do effect others, so we switch to 3pp.

Arma 3, same issue went to 1pp found I started to feel foggy went to 3rd pp right away.

I always had issues with 1pp even back in the days, others no its a progressive thing for some.

You use 25% or less FOV no wonder you have motion sickness! OMG.......

Try putting the slider all the way to the right.

Also, your frame rate will affect motion sickness too so if it's low that's another factor.

This topic is the #1 reason why we had closed beta, alpha in the years past.

Your an open tester, know how many years it takes? Its not the fault projects like this take so much money to get off the ground.

Just it got a ton of exciting player base wanting it.

So again I urge players to remember, some software, games take many years to develop. (we are molding a game here, and you need to remember where your places are)

for 20 or 30 dollars, you have had way more content then 2-3 rental movies. So stop trying to turn this into some reddit thread and be civil and keep putting in your thoughts.

I still agree all the devs need to keep testing other games to get a feel for what is needed and what is not. Dayz is a much needed product in the market, and I hope it does as well as COD on the #1 charts.

Be civil everyone...!

Actually open criticism for a game is a good thing. Devs can decide what they want to read and respond to and what to take on board but never stop criticising!

I thought we started with closed Beta's and Alpha's and now we're at the stage where we pay money to work for game devs. People didn't complain on forums first because nobody had access to the games???

You may have made it clear but I think it's very naive to put that out there "You're not accessing a game but a dev build" - oh, ok, so how many people know that? Hardly any I bet know it and even less understand what that means but the perception that it's a game is still there and I think the perception is an important thing to maintain throughout the development process as it tells everyone what direction the game is going in :)

It's a dev build when people whine about bugs.

It's a game when people whine about it being too hard.

Really, so, it's a dev build in alpha that has had some balancing so the product is presentable and generates income to fuel further development.  Sometimes it's a dev build and sometimes it's a game, depending on your question, I guess.   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Another thing I'd like to point out, in this thread and many others is the shear amount of people on forums that don't know the difference between 'there', 'their' and 'they're' or 'your' and 'you're' is a pretty good indicator of why games get dumbed down for the masses. Just sayin'.

It's "saying"

But I'm sure glad I read you're post because without it, their would be no chance in me ever finding out were these guys came from that ruin games because they get there grammEr a little bit wrong ;)