OnionOfShame

Binoculars have slots?

Hello fellow players. While looting earlier today I noticed that the binoculars can be "opened"/"closed", like any item that can hold other items in your inventory. I tried placing a variety if items inside but I didnt find anything that worked. Does it actually hold anything, or is this a bug, or a plan for future content (i.e. combine it with the rangefinder or add a rope to hold it around your neck)? Thanks!

Is this on experimental or stable? I've never seen or heard of it before. It might be a bug. Have it happened before or only this one time?

Never heard of that.  You sure you don't mean the compass?

This was on stable. Just to clarify, by open/close I mean that the inventory can be expanded or collapsed with the +/- sign in the bottom right corner of its icon in the inventory panel (however like guns and containers, it cannot be expanded or collapsed while in your bag). It does not show standard slots, indicating that it would hold only specific items like the Boonie Hat and Chest Holster do. Unfortunately I didn't get a screenshot. However this bug/feature is not new. I mentioned it to my friend and he says he noticed this a while ago, back in 0.52 stable.

This was on stable. Just to clarify, by open/close I mean that the inventory can be expanded or collapsed with the +/- sign in the bottom right corner of its icon in the inventory panel (however like guns and containers, it cannot be expanded or collapsed while in your bag). It does not show standard slots, indicating that it would hold only specific items like the Boonie Hat and Chest Holster do. Unfortunately I didn't get a screenshot. However this bug/feature is not new. I mentioned it to my friend and he says he noticed this a while ago, back in 0.52 stable.

I think this is just due to how the user interface is set up , certain items that have certain categories are able to have those plus or minus signs next to them , it could mean that eventually it could have something attached to it but I think it's just because the binoculars are technically not a consumable so they are given a different category (in terms of coding it ) which makes this plus/minus sign appear much like for boots and containers ...

I think this is just due to how the user interface is set up , certain items that have certain categories are able to have those plus or minus signs next to them , it could mean that eventually it could have something attached to it but I think it's just because the binoculars are technically not a consumable so they are given a different category (in terms of coding it ) which makes this plus/minus sign appear much like for boots and containers ...

Makes sense, but I think containers and (some) Boots have the +/- sign because they can hold items inside them.

Makes sense, but I think containers and (some) Boots have the +/- sign because they can hold items inside them.

Military boots can hold combat knives and such also other items exist with that bug/feature. Who knows but I guess we'll see soon enough.

Like the boonie and the fishhook, I suppose. I wonder what could attach to a binoc.