Sign in to follow this  
Tatanko

Map Changes in 0.55.127059

New map changes for 0.55 were finally included in today's Experimental build. This time around, there were three "summer camps" added to the map: one near the quarry in Severograd, a second due south of Novy Sobor, and a third in the shadow of Topolka Dam. Enjoy! :)

First, we have the camp at Severograd:

iE4mMB9.jpg

MBHYVNw.jpg

3oAEWRF.jpg

uBIUHiY.jpg

SoNmkmG.jpg

TzRA6Fh.jpg

FFh3ISL.jpg

Hvd3CtG.jpg

• Like 9

Next up is the camp south of Novy Sobor:

Vf0bpTE.jpg

L5zqvbt.jpg

IXtiTOh.jpg

INvuX7h.jpg

I9gbEVV.jpg

IwwEA4M.jpg

• Like 7

Finally, we have the camp that is set in the valley just below Topolka Dam and north of the power plant at Elektrozavodsk:

A8uThSW.jpg

utCQ8dO.jpg

xVDcHKb.jpg

a2yoc3a.jpg

mClLcTw.jpg

• Like 11

In case anyone is wondering, the signs translate as follows:

Severograd:

#1: "Summer Camp Arsenyev"

#2: "Bye Now"

Novy Sobor:

#1: "Holiday Camp Nadezhda" (Hope)

Topolka Dam:

#1: "Holiday Camp Kometa" (Comet)

Will this mean that zombie children arent far behind??

• Like 1

Could be :) There's kind of a moral dilemma involved there for some people, so who knows, but we'll see.

Thanks to a tip from Barnabus, I made my way to Grozovoy Pass this evening to check out another camp. Only two more to go! For now, I give you "Holiday Camp Pobeda":

QKFDEMo.jpg

6MFIURo.jpg

0gZZg0F.jpg

nwosGP4.jpg

jWwBn6G.jpg

kj38uLm.jpg

GUoGN4c.jpg

• Like 1

Think I found a fourth summer camp type area northwest of green mountain. Decided I'd leave the pictures to the professionals.  :D

http://dayzdb.com/map#7.032.091

It's in the clearing south of the lake.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

Think I found a fourth summer camp type area northwest of green mountain. Decided I'd leave the pictures to the professionals.  :D

http://dayzdb.com/map#7.032.091

It's in the clearing south of the lake.

Sir, you are making a huge assumption that I am, in any way, professional :p

Thanks for the heads-up! I still need to check out that location and another outside Devil's Castle. There are six of these things!

• Like 1

Could be :) There's kind of a moral dilemma involved there for some people, so who knows, but we'll see.

Exactly the point. This is the same moral dilemma people would face in a hypothetical real-world Zpocalypse. Some would hesitate and pay for it with their lives, as seen in a few famous Z movies that'll remain unnamed here. ;)

But, logically, with DayZ going for a realistic, gritty, immersive experience, there is no reason there should only be adult zombies — Chernarus has many schools, kindergartens and summer camps and, statistically speaking, there are bound to be children in those. Leave whitewashing, unicorns and rainbows to other titles.  B)

P.S. When it comes to gaming, no publicity is bad publicity and, if anything, this would create enough media attention and hype for the game to become even more popular.

Edited by Veyda
  • Like 1

Exactly the point. This is the same moral dilemma people would face in a hypothetical real-world Zpocalypse. Some would hesitate and pay for it with their lives, as seen in a few famous Z movies that'll remain unnamed here. ;)

But, logically, with DayZ going for a realistic, gritty, immersive experience, there is no reason there should only be adult zombies — Chernarus has many schools, kindergartens and summer camps and, statistically speaking, there are bound to be children in those. Leave whitewashing, unicorns and rainbows to other titles.  B)

P.S. When it comes to gaming, no publicity is bad publicity and, if anything, this would create enough media attention and hype for the game to become even more popular.

I agree with you completely. As it is, many heinous acts are possible in this game. Being able to "kill" an already-compromised child shouldn't be any different than killing an infected adult. There would likely be unique challenges to killing them as well, because presumably they would be more difficult to hit with anything due to their size and they could very well be more limber than an adult zombie as well.

There would likely be unique challenges to killing them as well, because presumably they would be more difficult to hit with anything due to their size and they could very well be more limber than an adult zombie as well.

...in addition to requiring some emotional detachment — for some reason likely to do with how we humans evolved socially, child zombies (sorry, 'infected') are scarier.

Caution - Graphic content

demon-child-zombie-bloody-mouth.jpg Zombiegirl.jpg rec_girl.jpg zombie-child.jpg dawn-of-the-dead-2004-zombie-vivian.jpg

• Like 1

Finally made it to the last two camps. First, the camp near Devil's Castle: Summer Camp Romashka

aq4v9rL.jpg

WygxpVx.jpg

0UQYtBy.jpg

EVdyx1n.jpg

8SgNUx2.jpg

GpuZSPU.jpg

NHLtoZN.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

Last but not least, the camp near Green Mountain: Holiday Camp "Proud Chernarus"

1TOUyMF.jpg

nqg3zpg.jpg

Oqb0Zuw.jpg

pvAo1DG.jpg

QFxC1ml.jpg

• Like 2

'Nother summer camp place spotted here!

Thanks for the heads-up! Looks like another evening of Experimental for me :)

unfortunately I doubt that will happen. I remember reading a post about ethical issues with having someone kill a child... it's stupid, I know xD

Thank you, solodude23. I was able to find a seventh camp today with your coordinates! I bring you the camp at Belaya Polana, the "Student Summer Camp":

D97COMd.jpg

6CzxaP3.jpg

QcOkJNj.jpg

xRluC2T.jpg

SktEDZB.jpg

5JRH6ai.jpg

• Like 3

Those would house a good size gang once barricaded lol

• Like 3

Zombie Chernarussian Boyscouts

Edited by mullraugh
  • Like 1

Thank you to Veyda for informing me of an eight (yes, eighth) summer camp near Dolina: "Summer Camp Pioneer". I still have a feeling I haven't seen one or two yet, but time will tell. Enjoy!

2YjFtFM.jpg

wY7RMZP.jpg

nvpyaaH.jpg

rgFXjvp.jpg

On26ZDq.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you to Veyda for informing me of an eighth (yes, eighth) summer camp near Dolina: "Summer Camp Pioneer".

Wow, never saw there was a fingerpost sign for it — I stumbled onto this camp from the 'rear', as I prefer woods and treelines to roads. :D

Edited by Veyda

Wow, never saw there was a fingerpost sign for it — I stumbled onto this camp from the 'rear', as I prefer woods and treelines to roads. :D

There's another one farther down the dirt road as you approach the camp that says "100m" on it as well. I didn't see any such 100m sign at the Belaya Polana camp, only the 300m one.

I can't believe I haven't seen more of this from other people, but I found two more camps! Yes, there are a grand total of ten of these things. One is near the pond of Ozerko north of Chernogorsk, and the other is just outside Khelm near Berezino.

First, Summer Camp Builder near Ozerko:

oTVBv23.jpg

SqoHrKh.jpg

lzbaNUK.jpg

6CKjn1h.jpg

oU9WvOr.jpg

VEhQ8th.jpg

• Like 2