Volkethethief

Can this PC run DayZ?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dell-dell-15-6-laptop-black-intel-core-i5-5200u-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-windows-8-1-i3543-6250blk/10361622.aspx?path=850593a5daae88d310037884f6797887en02

Is the PC I'm thinking of getting, my laptop recently is beyond repair so this laptop has similar specs, my question is can it run DayZ on medium settings as well as have like skype, teamspeak and a browser or two open in the background? I'm not very tech savy so any help would be nice :)

Thanks in advance 

Volke

Sorry to say but it would not run DayZ very well. It only has the intel integrated graphics and you need a dedicated graphics card if you wish to play anything more than online flash games. I would REALLY suggested building a desktop pc if you want to use it for gaming. Laptops just aren't made for playing games especially high demanding games like DayZ which require a dedicated card and a good cpu.

Edited by IamSE4N

I ran DayZ SA for 1.5 years with a similar priced laptop on low-medium settings

Edited by Volkethethief

My daughter's laptop has similar specs except it has a separate NVidia card, still one of those mobile ones but even with that we can only run everything on low, and it still runs like crap.

Laptops (especially for DayZ SA, which is far from oprimised) are very cost-ineffective. For the same $ you can build a cheapish PC which will run DayZ SA much better than this laptop.

If you have to only have a laptop, then I'd at least look at something wtih a separate gfx card, not sure if you'll find anything like that which is in your pricerange.

Everything about a missing graphics card as mentioned above is true, REALLY forget playing DayZ SA with that thing. Also, the cpu is a i5, fine, but it is a U version ... power saving and slow ... 2.2GHz would also suck in DayZ.

Seriously do not buy this Laptop, IF you want to play DayZ with it. Also not concerning DayZ, the thing is a little overpriced for its features, but it is a Dell, a good brand, just a bit on the expensive side. Upside is the slim design and that it is a Dell...usually doesn't break 2 months after warranty.

Nevertheless, concerning bang for the buck, I would not buy that laptop. And I repeat myself ... that thing is not built for gaming in general, certainly not for DayZ. It is a very interesting thing if you travel to and from work every day with the train for 1.5h for example ... slim, power saving (not cooking your balls when on your lap), doing the job.

Edited by bautschi

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dell-dell-15-6-laptop-black-intel-core-i5-5200u-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-windows-8-1-i3543-6250blk/10361622.aspx?path=850593a5daae88d310037884f6797887en02

Is the PC I'm thinking of getting, my laptop recently is beyond repair so this laptop has similar specs, my question is can it run DayZ on medium settings as well as have like skype, teamspeak and a browser or two open in the background? I'm not very tech savy so any help would be nice :)

Thanks in advance 

Volke

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834314723CVF

same price^ will do what you need

forgive me, but I am very sceptic about that. Both CPU and graphics card have about half the performance of my components ... and while my CPU is enough, I could definitely need more graphics power. I am not talking about the best of the best, my graphics card (HD5770) was €100 3 years ago, but the R7 M265 with only half the power will have real trouble with dayz sa. And the CPU is also ... well ... really slow.

If you want acceptable performance, you will probably either have to spend quite a bit more money on a "gaming" laptop or go for a desktop ... performance for the same money is quite a bit better with a desktop, but that would also mean getting a monitor and I do not know what the topic creator really wants.

Either way, I cannot imagine that laptop giving acceptable performance.

Edited by bautschi

forgive me, but I am very sceptic about that. Both CPU and graphics card have about half the performance of my components ... and while my CPU is enough, I could definitely need more graphics power. I am not talking about the best of the best, my graphics card (HD5770) was €100 3 years ago, but the R7 M265 with only half the power will have real trouble with dayz sa. And the CPU is also ... well ... really slow.

If you want acceptable performance, you will probably either have to spend quite a bit more money on a "gaming" laptop or go for a desktop ... performance for the same money is quite a bit better with a desktop, but that would also mean getting a monitor and I do not know what the topic creator really wants.

Either way, I cannot imagine that laptop giving acceptable performance.

I don't really care what you are skeptical about, the guy appears to want two things, 1) a laptop and 2) one that costs 599. Found him a better one for the same price. Would I buy it? No. I would build a desktop if i only had 599 to spend. And as far as laptops go I own a GS70 Stealth Pro so I wouldn't buy that if i wanted a laptop either.