The Vampire Lestat

How Often Do You Meet Survivors?

Within my first 2 hours I met my first player. Well 'met' might not be the right term. While scrounging through a farmhouse looking for any kind of weapon to defend myself. Other than a shovel I began taking fire. Was hit once but took off weaving tround some sheds(survivor #1). Never actually saw them.

Next, after getting some half decent gear, I was in the largest building in the center of a city (bell tower of some sorts). Good loot but I was still learning inventory setups/item interactions and ofcourse controls. As I was trying to move inventory around to pick up some ammo a fresh spawn darted in and started punching me(survivor #2). Befroe my character was able to put his gun up I was unconcious. He took everything except my Olive Baseball Cap and my Trumpet (crossbow was in inventory, Trumpet in hand. Put a shot into him but he sprinted away. I looked but couldn't find him.

After that I sweeped the rest of the building and began hearing gun shots from up top of the building. Most likely the one who was firing at me when I entered the city center. Just before climbing the ladder to the very top another fresh spawn, this one naked, began punching me(survivor #3). I got to the top turned the corner and there was another survivor, sniping at a player with a Trumpet (survivor #4). I put one in his head and began running. I battle with the unarmed survivor (survivor #3). I was beaten badly but managed to take her down. Thankfully the one sniping had some decent gear so I didn't have to start out from scratch again. The rest of the city was pretty well looted.

None of those survivors attempted in any way to make contact with me. Since then I have only observed other survivors, one I saw in a small village to the north (survivor #5). And saw a pair running in central Chernarus (survivor #6, #7). I ventured near the coast after acquiring some decent gear and saw a relatively new spawn heading NW (survivor #8), followed for a bit then brok west on my own. I will begin to make contact though in hopes of trade, mainly looking for ammo and medical supplies. I am now 23 hours into my survival.

Edited by 8bit_Survivor

2 players come across in a EXP server with 4 players in typical story up north unknown location where there is 4 mining huts  
heard foot steps squatted waited guy ran straight past the room i was in ...waited geared guy came straight at me with an axe 
both barrels of a sawn off killed him and Ruined Everything fully geared no a free slot and everything ruined only salvage was some sks ammo from a stripper clip

2nd encounter same server about a hour later a geared guy looting a NWAF hangar put my weapon away told him over prox 
he did not respond eventually came out did the usual survivor fail trade ..have you got ..no have you got ... no  ...he told me where some .22 ammo was and that was that 
Now i gave that guy the benifit of the doubt because he was holding a Rak i assume the only reason he didnt kill me when he got the jump on me was lack of ammo 

sadly almost all encounter have deteriorated into KoS 
no one takes blood anymore no one gives transfusions anymore kinda wish there was more RP servers just for something different 
Now i have to carve another notch into my moniter for the 8th person i have murdered in game in 500-600hrs gameplay 

Maybe i should become a reddit rescue ranger just for the interaction without having total tools suck the fun out of clannage with there ultra serious military shit 

General rule 3 people on a server 1 of them is in the same town as you 
5 people 3 of them are hunting you 
10 or more avoid the obvious 
full server dont bother i dont enjoy mortal combat with rakes and fire extingishers 

Dont even bother making contact unless forced too
Everyone is hostile 
I do aim and zoom in on your characters head making pew pew sounds when we are traveling together 

Still havent eaten a person or explored the new north too much so i still have something to find 
Still havent seen the new  bunkers or mil base have not been to vybor mil base in about 100hrs 

So i am not one to really comment on interaction but there you fucking go meth is a hell of a drug and 
theres a post 

After I respawned, I ran to the NE airport. I found a survivor that dress identitcal as me. We are cool and we rank sack the area, As I was running to the front room, he ran to the back room, I heard shot fired! I ran out and hide in the bushes since I have no weapon as all. I waited for a few minutes, saw a guy came out and ran away. I walked back into the building saw my twin laying dead on the floor. So, as a survivor , I took some of his stuff..food and drink!

In my experience, survivor encounters are even rarer than zombie encounters. I didn't actually "meet" one (or more accurately, I met his bullet) until several weeks after I first got the game. Everyone seems to have lots of stories of interactions with other survivors but I really don't see very many. I'm traveling down south to either Cherno or Elektro, so I'll probably encounter more there. I know the usual strategy is to move North after getting good gear.

Every single time I play I strive to encounter other players. I've played so much that I know who will walk away alive if things do go sour.

#Raised From The Trap.

Edited by therandomredstone

I'm actually seeing more friendly players than I used too but I am picking the higher pop servers these days. Most are sort of low to mid range geared so seemingly less likely to get p*ssed off if they get killed. Still lots of annoying noobs though on the coast.

Want to meet people? Go to Kamyshovo!

My first experience was in cherno (I think). Was looking at the sign and trying to figure out the russian when a hatchet fell on my back.

Second guy was in electro, saw him from afar running away from zombies. Followed in hope of finding a friend, killed dem zombies. Then I followed him inside a store with a half closed shutter. He was dead. Not enough blood to make a conversation with me :/

I'm always meeting people in game, but I tend to hang around populated areas and go out of my way to find player interaction in order to get people involved in events. Of course when we run trading posts on Saturdays that's usually where I meet the most people. Whether friendlies or attackers a public event tends to consolidate most of the server to a small area. Often a good handful of them are people I met in game that week.

Edited by albinoclock