Sign in to follow this  
Uutgrunnen

Please add panic button to cancel action immediately

Hi there,

I think this is probably mentioned before but my (quick) search did not give a satisfying result.

The last times I died were quite the same. I was eating/drinking and another player shot me.

The thing is I saw them way before they could kill me but the time it took me to cancel my current action, get mobile and get my weapon was way to long.

Whenever you're doing something you should have the ability to cancel the action immediate like some sort of 'panic button' c.q. throw away whatever you have in your hands and get out your primary weapon (hotbar 1).

It's quite unrealistic that when you are facing a live threatening situation (infected and other players) that your avatar can't stop doing what he/she doing immediate.

'Let me first finish my beans before I deal with these infected hitting me'... :)

Let me know what you think of some sort of 'panic button'.

Again, when this has been suggested before than I apologize.

See you in Chernarus. 

Greetings Uutgrunnen

I agree with the idea and realistically the cancel current action is designed that way.  The flaws your describing within it are part of the way the character animations work in game though for now with this engine.  Basically everytime you conduct an animation it must complete it, I think in the future with new wave of things to come alot will change in a more responsive system.

• Like 1

I can see having a "panic button" would be less clunky than having to choose "cancel" out of an action list. Maybe doing certain things could also cancel actions.

In any way I think your character shouldn't bother with putting away that item and instead just drop it to the ground asap.

• Like 1

there should be a button you can press that causes your character to panic and wave their arms around wildly

• Like 1

No actually, you should automatically stop eating your beans when you're getting shot at.

Who would continue eating when they are being hit ?

• Like 1

Please read this http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/220780-status-report-17-feb-15/

And then please realize that your post is irrelevant...

Hi there,

I think this is probably mentioned before but my (quick) search did not give a satisfying result.

The last times I died were quite the same. I was eating/drinking and another player shot me.

The thing is I saw them way before they could kill me but the time it took me to cancel my current action, get mobile and get my weapon was way to long.

Whenever you're doing something you should have the ability to cancel the action immediate like some sort of 'panic button' c.q. throw away whatever you have in your hands and get out your primary weapon (hotbar 1).

It's quite unrealistic that when you are facing a live threatening situation (infected and other players) that your avatar can't stop doing what he/she doing immediate.

'Let me first finish my beans before I deal with these infected hitting me'...  :)

Let me know what you think of some sort of 'panic button'.

Again, when this has been suggested before than I apologize.

See you in Chernarus. 

Greetings Uutgrunnen

Edited by degude