Felony Inhibitor

"Surroundings Adaptation Camo"

Nice one dude!

I did something similar not too long ago...

306ab6247aa3a783a543aa23d390ec7c.jpg

Edited by liscion
  • Like 1

Nice lol. I wanted to see what I could come up with to try to hide, in my immediate vicinity, with only what I had on me, and no ghillie (I had the gun wrap already but it wasnt painted so I used it), I just wanted to see if it was possible to hide in plain sight in this game without the ghillie. From 50 feet away, joggin past, in the rain, I think I woulda been ok!

• Like 1

Well, for hiding, your outfit works perfectly.

Although, unless you're wearing extremely vivid color-outfits, simply standing still would also do the trick. It's usually movement that attracts the attention from other players when passing by. I've had it on multiple occasions that i just sat in a bush - with no camo clothing - and just not moving (not looking around). Most of the time nobody notices you :p

• Like 2

You're right about the movement, but shoulda seen what I was wearing before I started trying to blend Gorka helm with visor, shiny AKM that looked exactly like a rifle, that kinda thing... The human eye is drawn to movement, but also to familiar shapes (human outline, outline of weapons, helmets etc), and contrary to popular belief, even non-ADHD people will subconsciously go "OOH SHINY!" (I can say that I have ADHD lol). So taking away as much of each of those factors as you can is always helpful. 3 primary factors for concealment all tie in to those things; shape, silhouette, and surface/shine.

Of course, you're also right that just freezing will work a lot in DayZ, most people are too busy headed to the next loot spawn to see the obvious :P 

Although, unless you're wearing extremely vivid color-outfits, simply standing still would also do the trick. It's usually movement that attracts the attention from other players when passing by. I've had it on multiple occasions that i just sat in a bush - with no camo clothing - and just not moving (not looking around). Most of the time nobody notices you :P

This. Everyone overthinks camo in this game. Humans (and I mean the person sitting at the keyboard, not your character) are just animals, and just like most other animals, humans rely heavily on motion to detect the presence of another creature. Unless you're dressed in colors that really, really stand out, you just hold perfectly still and it is almost as good as being invisible. I, too, have been in countless situations where I was far from being "camouflaged" and yet people walked within 10m or 15m of me and never saw me. Tactics > clothing :)

• Like 1

This. Everyone overthinks camo in this game. Humans (and I mean the person sitting at the keyboard, not your character) are just animals, and just like most other animals, humans rely heavily on motion to detect the presence of another creature. Unless you're dressed in colors that really, really stand out, you just hold perfectly still and it is almost as good as being invisible. I, too, have been in countless situations where I was far from being "camouflaged" and yet people walked within 10m or 15m of me and never saw me. Tactics > clothing :)

Well, I don't overthink per se', I was in the military, and I was trained to look for people, and in this game, you're supposed to be watching out for people, and zeds who have the same overall features. So for me, you have on clothing that doesn't break your silhouette (ballistic helmet vs a fishing hat), or I see something that even remotely resembles a rifle silhouette, I stop and scope it out. I guess I fail to realize not everyone pays the kind of attention I do lol.

Well, I don't overthink per se', I was in the military, and I was trained to look for people, and in this game, you're supposed to be watching out for people, and zeds who have the same overall features. So for me, you have on clothing that doesn't break your silhouette (ballistic helmet vs a fishing hat), or I see something that even remotely resembles a rifle silhouette, I stop and scope it out. I guess I fail to realize not everyone pays the kind of attention I do lol.

My apologies, I wasn't attempting to downplay your original message. Good camouflage is definitely still useful; particularly so against players like yourself with better-trained eyes :)

• Like 2

lol well thanks! Now I just need to quit hearing all these ghosts eating, drinking and reloading weapons in the same room as me, and I'll be good!

• Like 2

Here's one of me disguising  myself as a bench. 

BK31kS8.jpg

• Like 3