Mullraugh

Ways to Better the "Gorka" Helmet

As we've all seen, the "Gorka" helmet (more commonly known In real life as an Altyn, Rys'T or K6-3), has been spawning in military locations more frequently than it did in the past.

This is awesome and all, but despite it being my most favourite helmet of all time, IRL and in-game, it lacks the potential it has in real life.

Ways this awesome helmet can improve:

1: Painting it.

Simple. Just like the American Balistic helmet in-game already. It also looks good tan, if we ever get tan spraypaint.

282l6Xv.jpg

2: Different visors and the ability to flip them up and lock them in place.

-TIG helmet visor

LNlu2eh.jpg

-Altyn helmet visor (most common)

7GqjlME.jpg

-MASKA helmet visor (very old, outdated visor)

Zoknf1M.jpg

(note the visor that is currently in the game is on the left soldier's helmet)

Also note that these helmets come with visors by default, the Altyn variant being the most common above every other type.

A picture of the visor flipped up and locked into place.

Q8jXynZ.jpg

3. Helmet Covers

These helmets also come with a huge huge variety of helmet covers and "skins" kind of.

one example would be this black one that the FSB uses. It has velcro patches on it for ID or call of duty type customization

bLpZiUm.jpg

another good example is this OMON Special Police version, used by the Russian OMON police (The unit that Chernarus' OREL police is based off of)

13mRlmb.png

If you want more examples, you can just look at this store's product page here. I'm actually thinking of getting a helmet cover myself, since I own an Altyn helmet. http://www.thesovietrussia.com/category/russian-helmets-covers

4. Microphone and Radios

Altyn helmets (specifically the Rys'T variant) have the ability to carry a microphone that plugs in to the side of the helmet, as seen below

vmJlQ6Q.jpg

You can see the mic is folded backwards, put away when not in use.

The microphone jack fits into almost every Motorola radio out there.

This way, you can talk to your friends, and hear them through the radio, since I'm still not sure if the helmet has internally built headphones, without having to hold the walkie talkie in your hands! (bonus, the Radio fits perfectly into a radio pouch on a tactical vest, especially the SMERSH)

5.  Ablilty to stop small arms rounds to an extent.

Altyn helmets are designed for close-quarters urban combat, especially with the TIG, MASKA, and Altyn visors installed. They can stop small rounds easily, and provide amazing protection from debris and shrapnel from blasts.

6. Ability to put Goggles on them (when/if combat goggles are added)

Just like their American counterparts, they can fit goggles with the visor removed.

NYvJEke.jpg

(hint hint, add combat goggles in the future)

7.  Compatible with most Gas Masks

Though, to be honest, every Helmet out there is compatible with a Gas Mask. The Ballistic helmets in game already are just lame, and should be able to support a gas mask like they used to be able to.

That's it, that's all! Thanks for reading, and I hope to see this in-game, because it should seriously be recognized!

• Like 8

Fun fact

GORKA helmets, with visors atached will stop a single bullet to the head as long as it is farther than 30 meters away when shot at you.

I took a bullet from a AK101 directly to the head while driving a V3S and went unconscious when I woke up I hauled ass away and checked myself, no damage, no bleeding just a SHITLOAD of shock damage and a ruined helmet.

Fun fact 2

Press Vests, and Plate Carriers protect that part of your body, I survived 2 shotgun blasts because of my press vest (which is now ruined) 

Had alot of fun in .54 

• Like 1

The Gorka helmet is like a Press Vest for your face.

Fun fact

GORKA helmets, with visors atached will stop a single bullet to the head as long as it is farther than 30 meters away when shot at you.

I took a bullet from a AK101 directly to the head while driving a V3S and went unconscious when I woke up I hauled ass away and checked myself, no damage, no bleeding just a SHITLOAD of shock damage and a ruined helmet.

Fun fact 2

Press Vests, and Plate Carriers protect that part of your body, I survived 2 shotgun blasts because of my press vest (which is now ruined) 

Had alot of fun in .54

I think it should be able to stop more than just a single shot, and it shouldn't just suddenly get ruined either.

8: Make the "worn" helmet look like this, with paint chips and scratches everywhere.

sAbAVCR.jpg

Maybe they will fix the ballistics system sometimes so helmets and vests provide actuall protection. The ballistic and gorka helmet should stop all handgun rounds up to .357mag without even degrading.

Oh lord, that MASKA visor is ridiculous. Gotta put that in. It would be perfect for painting a scary face on.

I'd be upset if they added the MASKA before the Altyn. It's hideous, whereas the Altyn is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I got a real good way to make the gorka better.

Tm7MdKP.jpg

Restrict the view correctly.

You want to wear a protective mask, or helmet well suffer the vision obstruction and added weight.

• Like 1

-snip-

You want to wear a protective mask, or helmet well suffer the vision obstruction and added weight.

Yes! And as well glare protection from sunglasses please! Never forget the way of the samuraï's words, "You must always turn around your enemy so that he is blinded by the sun"!