Sign in to follow this  
shaca

Hip fire and ironsight

hello guys

i dont know if this happens to me only but i have a wierd problem in my game.

i watched some videos about hip fire and i see that none of the players on this videos have this problem...

what happens is simple, imagine that you are with someone, both standing still, i use the dot to point to his head and if i put ironsights up the aim is about 1 meter lower than the dot...

if i fire from the hip the bullet doent not go where the dot is but it goes in the spot where my ironsights aim if i look into it...

i dont know if you guys can understand what i mean, if needed ill make a video...

The dot isn't really something to go by, it just tells you where the center of your screen is. Those people in the videos you watched probably just had their shooting down :P

hello guys

i dont know if this happens to me only but i have a wierd problem in my game.

i watched some videos about hip fire and i see that none of the players on this videos have this problem...

what happens is simple, imagine that you are with someone, both standing still, i use the dot to point to his head and if i put ironsights up the aim is about 1 meter lower than the dot...

if i fire from the hip the bullet doent not go where the dot is but it goes in the spot where my ironsights aim if i look into it...

i dont know if you guys can understand what i mean, if needed ill make a video...

yesterday a guy shot me at point blank with a shotgun in 1p and ran off because he assumed he'd broken my legs

i laughed when i 1hit him with hipfire

imho it's strange the dot doesn't sway - but that's the point of hipfire right?

i think that the whole "switching to 1p" thing is a collusion by streamers to get people to switch out of sight-cheating mode

that all that about shooting with dot is fine, but it's harder to see sway using 3p so you gotta spam splints. 

obviously you want to use scope/1p if you have pso-1 or LRS

personally i enjoy playing the game entirely in 3p. that's just how i got used to dayz. it makes me motionsick if i stay running in 1p too much. 

if you're using like an AKM or something 3p is totally the way to go, since you can spray 30 rounds at once

Edited by Wookieenoob

I would like to suggest a very simple solution to eliminate the hipfire confusion and increase emersion  - Get rid of that silly dot! B)

the dot is not a crosshair and will be removed eventually.

apparently the dot is there from the engine as the same dot is apparent in arma 3 when you press the function keys.

It needs to be removed sooner better than later.

I have done some comparison. The dot is around 3mm below than your actual sights.

However, your FOV changes this value. The more your FOV is, the more accurate it will be (however it will not fully accurate)

So try again with increasing your FOV.

Also, the red dot is affected from sway, the only difference is its not visible.

Edited by Yazar8

Is this variation between hipfire point of aim and iron sight point of aim present in FPV as well? I use hipfire on anything within 30 meters and into sights/optics for anything beyond that, so I have never noticed this phenomenon.