nexerius

Need help to install mod.

Hi! I have tried to install Dayz mod but without any luck.

I have tried to add the files to arma 2 folder, but nothing happened.

I now put them in OA folder, and i got some progress. But on launch it says "Dayzmod needs CAbuildmod" (or something). When i enter the menus it says something about Scope_tent. and when i try to join the server it says im missing; Chernarus, Vehicles_(somethingsomething)

I checked my files, but everything is there. What should i do? :(

Appreciate any kind of help!

I had that error earlier and from what I can tell and have seen in other threads, it is a pretty easy fix.

If you bought the game on steam, right click operation arrowhead and click to launch combined operations.

If you bought the game on disks or something, you need to use a special launcher that launches both Arma II and Operation Arrowhead together. I cannot remember the name, but you can find it if you search the support forums. Just check all of the threads until someone mentions it.

I had that error earlier and from what I can tell and have seen in other threads' date=' it is a pretty easy fix.

If you bought the game on steam, right click operation arrowhead and click to launch combined operations.

If you bought the game on disks or something, you need to use a special launcher that launches both Arma II and Operation Arrowhead together. I cannot remember the name, but you can find it if you search the support forums. Just check all of the threads until someone mentions it.

[/quote']

I tried, but now it says that i cant play because i have deleted files "dayz_code. Dayz_weapons. dayz_equip. Dayz_vehicles" I checked folder but the're there. (Dayz stuff is in the OA folder)

Yea, that is where I have been stuck. I am up to almost 7 hours of searching for an answer and trying hundreds of things. I am on another site as well talking to people, but nothing seems to be working and nobody has replied on here for hours.

Remember to check for updates frequently by the way. 6 have been released this morning alone.

http://www.dayzmod.com/downloads/

Yea' date=' that is where I have been stuck. I am up to almost 7 hours of searching for an answer and trying hundreds of things. I am on another site as well talking to people, but nothing seems to be working and nobody has replied on here for hours.

Remember to check for updates frequently by the way. 6 have been released this morning alone.

http://www.dayzmod.com/downloads/

[/quote']

Awh... Anyways, only the parent directory shows up with me now. D:

EDIT: NVM, found the real mediafire thing or something, downloading all the rar there. I will reply if it works this time.

Nope. Put all the new files in the @dayz folder, launched in combined ops, but didnt work. lovely. It still says im losing the code, weapons, anim, and vehicle files. But i have them! This is so annoying. :(

not ideal...but you could just put those files plus the bikeys straight into your operation arrowhead addons file.

then start up Arma:CO

Theres not many so they are easy to find and delete if you need to download and replace with an updated file. (ie they all start off as dayz...)

not ideal...but you could just put those files plus the bikeys straight into your operation arrowhead addons file.

Theres not many so they are easy to find and delete if you need to download and replace with an updated file. (ie they all start off as dayz...)

What bikeys?

What bikeys?

Each download file comes with a .pbo file and a .bikey file. Both should go into your arma2oa addons folder.

Ok, i fixed it, atleast i can enter lobby now (havent tried further) What i did was i added the -mod=@dayz in the arma 2 OA steam launch options. :D

EDIT: WORKS! :D

Ok' date=' i fixed it, atleast i can enter lobby now (havent tried further) What i did was i added the -mod=@dayz in the arma 2 OA steam launch options. :D

[/quote']

lol thought you'd already done that :blush:

Ok' date=' i fixed it, atleast i can enter lobby now (havent tried further) What i did was i added the -mod=@dayz in the arma 2 OA steam launch options. :D

[/quote']

lol thought you'd already done that :blush:

Hhehe no... I made a shortcut and wrote it in target, not in the steam launcher. :P

um hey ive had arma for a little while but im totally lost when it comes to downloading mods so can somebody help me? ive got the arma2 RF retail version and i want to try out this mod but i have no idea what im doing.