Sign in to follow this  
Crackiiz

NewSpawn all over again.

This f'cking game.... I where almost done gearing up,only had a mosin sight left to find and then I got disconnected with a sign that said authentication failed.  So i Joined a semipop server and now apparantly iam newspawn all over again...

Don't get attached to the gear you collect, one way or another it won't be in your possession long.

I Know but it´s so boring to gear up and loose it that way. 

Did you check to ensure your not jumping between servers which would host separate characters?  Also did you wait a minute+ before relogging so your character does not get wiped?

• Like 1

I have learned to appreciate DayZ as a journey, not a destination.

This kind of thing happens to everyone. Best thing to do is just roll with it. Honestly, I think I would rather have lost my gear to a glitch instead of my latest... rather embarrassing death to a player.

That's DayZ for you!

Like what Steak and Potatoes mentioned, give DayZ a minute or two when switching servers. When you log out/disconnect, go get a drink, use the bathroom, or whatever you got to do to wait a bit. I've had this problem before, but playing a little waiting game helps from any shenanigans like that on my end.

And yes, be sure to check you're not joining private (hive) servers. Those characters will spawn and only be for that particular server.

• Like 1

Don't get attached to the gear you collect, one way or another it won't be in your possession long.

"Don't get attached to your child".

You will get attached to something if you spend enough time with it.

I might name my gear, but that does not mean I get attached to it.  Yes I will mourn the loss of Andy Woodax and Tommy Trumpet, but they are replaceable, I can either cry and rage in a forums where people will ridicule me or offer false sympathies, or I can get it over with, wake up on the beach and start over.