Sign in to follow this  
Just Caused

Bring back ability to put Alcohol in FAK

Alcohol in FAK  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to be able to put Alcohol Tincture in First Aid Kit?

• Yes, I want.
    • No, I don't want.

We were able to put alcohol in First Aid Kit, but now we can't. I made a bug report about adding it back but moderator locked it and said it's a design choice without letting us decide can we put Alcohol in kit.

Most of Medical Kits contain Ethanol (Alcohol) or Hydrogen Peroxide, so why can't we put Alcohol inside FAK?

''The common kits mostly found in the homes may contain: Alcohol, Bandaids, Cotton Balls, Cotton Swabs, Iodine, Bandage, Hydrogen Peroxide.'' - Wikipedia

It would be awesome feature to keep one Alcohol tincture inside for cleaning rags and disinfecting your wounds.

Bug Report : [ http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=22395 ]

Wikipedia Link : [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_aid_kit]

police_new_first_aid_kit.JPG?1401016311

Edited by Inception.
Quoted text colour fixed.
  • Like 1

Hmm, noticed this the other day and just assumed it was a bug too, would be very interested to know what the reasoning is for this.

Would be even nicer if we had a system where the only limit on what can go inside a container was size.

• Like 1

FAK

at first i was like what is he talking about then i was like oh...First Aid Kit...

i would really like this, as rags get damaged alot and this is the only way to repair/clean them.

• Like 1

Would be even nicer if we had a system where the only limit on what can go inside a container was size.

Yeh I don't see why we shouldn't be able to put a pistol magazine in a first aid kit for example. I mean in real life you would use everything possible to be able to care more stuff

• Like 2

Yeh I don't see why we shouldn't be able to put a pistol magazine in a first aid kit for example. I mean in real life you would use everything possible to be able to care more stuff

For balancing (somehwat) but more for the game-play element of needing to search for the right gear instead of just searching for your favorite aesthetically pleasing gear. If every container could hold anything, it would remove some of the "looting for treasure" gambling mechanic that makes exploration games fun by removing some of the challenge.

For example, you know that awesome feeling you get when you find a yellow container? That would be diminished if you could store whatever you wanted in those prevalent med-kits.

On-topic: I do find it strange that they intentionally removed the ability to store the alcohol in the med-kit. It certainly isn't a beverage and it's only conceivable (proper?)  use at the moment is for medical purposes.

Because its DayZ :) ALPHA :)

Just a joke.

no.

if you put this in there you have the ability to carry 6x water for 4 spaces or 4 water+2 bandages, which is very OP

in 0.53 at least drinking was bugged enough tincture bottle filled with water would quench thirst as well as 1l bottles

no.

if you put this in there you have the ability to carry 6x water for 4 spaces or 4 water+2 bandages, which is very OP

in 0.53 at least drinking was bugged enough tincture bottle filled with water would quench thirst as well as 1l bottles

Maybe just add abillity to put Alcohol Tincture only?

no.

Oh, can you store water in that bottle now? That would explain their decision then. Makes sense.

Oh, can you store water in that bottle now? That would explain their decision then. Makes sense.

Maybe, still seems odd though, its only a small bottle, i'd say about 25cl, The PET bottle is 1l and only takes up two slots, add to that the rarity of tincture and i dont see any real advantage to being able to carry a few extra.

Saying all that, having tardis like item containers that magically give extra space is odd too, would much rather they just had four slots and gave other benefits instead such as water resistance and damage protection.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 1

Maybe, still seems odd though, its only a small bottle, i'd say about 25cl, The PET bottle is 1l and only takes up two slots, add to that the rarity of tincture and i dont see any real advantage to being able to carry a few extra.

That would certainly make more sense. I see why they initially did it (perhaps due to fear of exploitation) but as long as the bottle doesn't hold much, I don't see the problem. It looks like it would only contain about 1/4 the amount a canteen or bottle does, and would therefore comparably take up twice as much space to hold the same amount of water.

I didn't know that you can store water in Tincture. I just wanted to place Alcohol to clean rags and wounds and save slots in medkit. I have 1 free slot in kit ( I dropped that water tablet ) and I can't use it to put medical item in FAK. 

I didn't know that you can store water in Tincture. I just wanted to place Alcohol to clean rags and wounds and save slots in medkit. I have 1 free slot in kit ( I dropped that water tablet ) and I can't use it to put medical item in FAK. 

yeah you can.

it's 150ml/3 swigs but drink all gave me the same effect as with 1l PET

storing 6 away would give me all the value of a protector case 

yeah you can.

it's 150ml/3 swigs but drink all gave me the same effect as with 1l PET

storing 6 away would give me all the value of a protector case 

Does the reverse work as well? In other words, can I pour an alcohol tincture into an empty PET bottle?

We were able to put alcohol in First Aid Kit, but now we can't. I made a bug report about adding it back but moderator locked it and said it's a design choice without letting us decide can we put Alcohol in kit.

Most of Medical Kits contain Ethanol (Alcohol) or Hydrogen Peroxide, so why can't we put Alcohol inside FAK?

''The common kits mostly found in the homes may contain: Alcohol, Bandaids, Cotton Balls, Cotton Swabs, Iodine, Bandage, Hydrogen Peroxide.'' - Wikipedia

It would be awesome feature to keep one Alcohol tincture inside for cleaning rags and disinfecting your wounds.

Bug Report : [ http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=22395 ]

Wikipedia Link : [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_aid_kit]

police_new_first_aid_kit.JPG?1401016311

Wikipedia isn't a good resource because anybody can edit it, but I do agree I know a trained paramedic who carries around a first aid kit in his truck and it has hydrogen peroxide. Design choice? That's silly in a bad way. Freedom of the people doode. (what I mean is more realism for players.) 

Wikipedia isn't a good resource because anybody can edit it, but I do agree I know a trained paramedic who carries around a first aid kit in his truck and it has hydrogen peroxide. Design choice? That's silly in a bad way. Freedom of the people doode. (what I mean is more realism for players.) 

They usually carry both hydrogen peroxide and alcohol, but mostly they use peroxide because it doesn't hurt when its poured on wound. Finished FA training ^-^

Does the reverse work as well? In other words, can I pour an alcohol tincture into an empty PET bottle?

i like to fill up PET bottles with gasoline and leave them lying around

you can decant any liquid and fill any container with gasoline. you could refuel your v3s with tinctures too

you can also fill jerry can with 20l of water. jerry can will eventually be what you keep at your camp to stay hydrated, as well as having one for fuel. 

theoretically you could fill up a jerry with tincture, but it'd take forever to find enough

Edited by Wookieenoob

I pour alcohol tincture in one of the water bottles I'm carrying with me. So that if someone kills me, he might drink it and die of poisoning. :D