Sign in to follow this  
GhostSlayer (DayZ)

why doesn't the bipod fit on the mosion?!

Can you list the weapons at that pic from top to bottom? I see a mosin but the rest, meh. Wait, is that an SKS above the mosin?

From top to bottom is...

SVT40 - Like a big brother to the SKS, chambered in 7.62x54

K31 - A Swiss straight-pull bolt action in 7.5x55

91/30 Mosin - You know this one

M305 - Norinco copy of an M1a/M14

Are those your guns? would love to test those baby's out. Especially the one in the center hehe

Yes. I'd go shooting with anybody, except for Caboose. He seems to think I'm a bad person for having rifles.

Here's a video of them.

Back on track with the topic, unless you take some clampy bipod it just wouldn't work. Even with one it'd be awkward as hell, and you'd need to make sure it doesn't stick very far above the rifle as it'd take up the space inbetween your rear and front sight post.

How about taking sticks like you'd make a splint and instead have a makeshift bipod to prop up a rifle. Like a little X shape held together by rope or rags, I don't know.

• Like 2

AVS-36,  Schmidt-Ruben K-31, Mo-Nag 91/30, and an M-14.  Not my collection there, but I do have both of the bolt action rifles.

The K-31 is my favorite.  With a straight-pull bolt, and detachable six round magazine, this rifle was likely the best of it's class at the time.  Much more consistent than the Mosin, and those GP-11 rounds are just gorgeous.  I could consistently hit 16 oz beer cans from around 500 feet, while prone.

From top to bottom is...

SVT40 - Like a big brother to the SKS, chambered in 7.62x54

K31 - A Swiss straight-pull bolt action in 7.5x55

91/30 Mosin - You know this one

M305 - Norinco copy of an M1a/M14

Yes. I'd go shooting with anybody, except for Caboose. He seems to think I'm a bad person for having rifles.

Here's a video of them.

Back on track with the topic, unless you take some clampy bipod it just wouldn't work. Even with one it'd be awkward as hell, and you'd need to make sure it doesn't stick very far above the rifle as it'd take up the space inbetween your rear and front sight post.

How about taking sticks like you'd make a splint and instead have a makeshift bipod to prop up a rifle. Like a little X shape held together by rope or rags, I don't know.

Ohh, I remember SVT40 from MOHAA. 

Ok first off Barrel length has zero correlation with accuracy only muzzle velocity. You can have a rifle with a 30 inch barre and one with a 10 inch one and the 10 inch rifle and chances are the 10 inch rifle will be the more accurate rifle due to the rigidity of the barrel.

The m4a1 is also not built to around being automatic, it fires from a closed bolt so any accuracy loss because of firing from an open bolt is non existent.

As far as bore quality that is exactly what I am saying, it varies tremendously with mosins, you can get an amazing specimen or you can get a busted up one its pure luck. Even then you will always be hampered by the low quality of military surplus ammo that mosins fire in game.

Having the mosin nagant fire anything under 5 moa in game is not believeable. It should be a 5 to 7 moa rifle.

Sorry, but it is now clear that you have no idea what you are talking about. The worst I've ever seen a mosin shoot is 7 MOA, and that thing had alot of rust in its barrel. Mine shoots 3 MOA, as most non-rusted Mosins do. I would say average is 3 or 4. You act like mosins weren't dunked in vats of cosmoline to preserve them. I'm starting to think you haven't even owned one.

Sorry, but it is now clear that you have no idea what you are talking about. The worst I've ever seen a mosin shoot is 7 MOA, and that thing had alot of rust in its barrel. Mine shoots 3 MOA, as most non-rusted Mosins do. I would say average is 3 or 4. You act like mosins weren't dunked in vats of cosmoline to preserve them. I'm starting to think you haven't even owned one.

No amount of cosmoline is going to fix the loose bore and up to 300 fps muzzle velocity differences in the same batch of ammo.

You sure your mosin is not an m39 and you arent shooting factory manufactured ammo ? Because 3 moa is insane for a new production military rifle let alone a military surplus one from the 1940s.

No amount of cosmoline is going to fix the loose bore and up to 300 fps muzzle velocity differences in the same batch of ammo.

You sure your mosin is not an m39 and you arent shooting factory manufactured ammo ? Because 3 moa is insane for a new production military rifle let alone a military surplus one from the 1940s.

I have a restored 91/30 and it shoots 3 MOA. The moa of a mosin at 100 yards is 3, or 3.15 inches. The majority of Mosins shoot within that. Just because a large percentage (30-40%) are bust up bullet lobbers doesn't mean it is an innacurate gun. A mosin in good or "pristine" condition should shoot 3 or 4 moa. Edited by InsaneRuffles

Anything is better then that sway, a rock, the ability to see over the grass laying down. After running for so long I can say yes to a 6-8 inch sway but with the ability to stop that quickly.

The current system seems so unlikely even for those cherno's hands :)

Now do we a favor, Heav. Run up one of those mountains I see you shooting those awesome looking rifles and see if you have a 6 foot swing aim catching your breath HAHAHHA...

Remember that you have a zombie chasing you or some enemy right behind you. Stop, Aim and see if you have a 6 foot sway. Heck even see if you can see one of those black bears chasing you..

I have to stop, I keep remembering those good old days.

Now do we a favor, Heav. Run up one of those mountains I see you shooting those awesome looking rifles and see if you have a 6 foot swing aim catching your breath HAHAHHA...

Remember that you have a zombie chasing you or some enemy right behind you. Stop, Aim and see if you have a 6 foot sway. Heck even see if you can see one of those black bears chasing you..

I have to stop, I keep remembering those good old days.

Oh boy, don't get me started on how weapon sway ingame compares to actual aiming. Resting my support arm elbow on my leg and holding like that makes aiming childs play.

No need for a bipod, and nowhere near as bad as the sway ingame. Not one of my rifles in their current state could have a bipod just plopped on either, not a decent one anyway.

Oh, and when I'm in the woods I always make sure one of my M305 magazines is always loaded, just in case Yogi decides this time he's really curious and wants to come play with me.

There exist bipods which are made solely for the mosin irl. Most dating back to the WW2 similar to the PU Scope. You won't see those in game because Bohemia hates snipers.

If nothing else you could duct tape a picatiny rail bipod to a mosin irl, wouldn't be too great but it'd work.