Sign in to follow this  
Christoffer.s

Server disappeared?

Ok guys ive tried everything i can think of.

Me and my friends pitched a mil-tent on "dayz nl 3-60" ip: 217.23.8.88:2502 on wendsday evening and then added it to our fav list so we could easily find it again. Now we can't find the server and its removed from or lists, is this server gone for ever or are we just not good at looking? It would be really annoying to have lost it seeing that it was filled with mil grade equip. Thanks in advance guys

Sometimes the servers changes it's name or it's hive (switching from 1person perspective to 1/3rd person perspective) and sometimes unfortunately they stop getting paid for (if it's a user owned server) which it then removes itself from your favorites list. Unfortunately all you can do is keep searching for it everyday and make sure your ping filter is set to 0 or 99,999 so you can see the server just in case it has insanely high ping and was being filtered out because of that .

Sometimes the servers changes it's name or it's hive (switching from 1person perspective to 1/3rd person perspective) and sometimes unfortunately they stop getting paid for (if it's a user owned server) which it then removes itself from your favorites list. Unfortunately all you can do is keep searching for it everyday and make sure your ping filter is set to 0 or 99,999 so you can see the server just in case it has insanely high ping and was being filtered out because of that .

Yea we have the ping set to zero, shouldn't there be a way to search for IP numbers if they now changed the name of it?

Yea we have the ping set to zero, shouldn't there be a way to search for IP numbers if they now changed the name of it?

Well there's the "remote" tab when you open the server browser that *sometimes* works , I would try that but unfortunately I have run into this problem once before and I couldn't find the server again .. But id try entering the IP and Port into the remote section of the server browser.

That looks like you are speaking of a Vilayer server and I hate to say it but it is more than likely gone for good. I have run into that numerous times in the past, up to the present, where their persistent servers vanish... and after stashing some goodies of course. They always seem to vanish the day after the weekly wipe, once you decide to set up a nest egg. For example, there used to be at least a dozen Vilayer hosted 'Dayz NY-such and such a number' but now there are like 6 remaining. It drops weekly it seems.

And they do not change hands to public 'owners' and change names, change perspective, hives or anything like that. They just 'poof' all together.

That looks like you are speaking of a Vilayer server and I hate to say it but it is more than likely gone for good. I have run into that numerous times in the past, up to the present, where their persistent servers vanish... and after stashing some goodies of course. They always seem to vanish the day after the weekly wipe, once you decide to set up a nest egg. For example, there used to be at least a dozen Vilayer hosted 'Dayz NY-such and such a number' but now there are like 6 remaining. It drops weekly it seems.

And they do not change hands to public 'owners' and change names, change perspective, hives or anything like that. They just 'poof' all together.

It is indeed a Vilayer server, have contacted them on fb and on their site. Also find a info page about the server: http://dayz-servers.org/server/2872/

Looking thru this thread i see that i come across a bit desperate which isn't the case but it sucked a bit seeing that we are three players playing/looting together and that tent was filled of the best stuff we found together over the combined 150 hours playing 

Probably the public server owner did not extend the server life when the billing cycle was up.

Hard to be surprised, a lot of players are leaving to play similar games that aren't still in alpha.

I think the same thing happened to us in a private shard- 3pp pers on server... sad to say it's been down for 3 days so I think the contract was up.

Well well, shit happens. Is there any stable, like really stable servers "public" pers on that you can be sure wont disappear? Cant see a reason to pitch a base otherwise 

If you mean private servers that are unlocked... then currently I think Musty is the best show in town. Looked like they were going whitelist in about a month but I think their whitelist survey is more relaxed than some of the ones I've heard about. 

If you mean private servers that are unlocked... then currently I think Musty is the best show in town. Looked like they were going whitelist in about a month but I think their whitelist survey is more relaxed than some of the ones I've heard about. 

After reading thru these forums for the past week one thing keeps coming back and that is musty.

Might start with a new character on that server just to see what all the fuss is about, what i'm hoping for is more player interaction and not just KOS which seems to rule most of the public servers i've been on

I ran into one real asshat around Elektro (not terribly surprising) and got killed in a fight around NWAF (not terribly surprising) and ambushed in Berezino (not terribly surprising). So this isn't to say that it doesn't happen- but it happens where you can expect it to happen. 

I've also met some really great characters who were very generous- but also cautious. You'll meet all kinds but I know this is the likely direction I'll be heading too- assuming I can clear the whitelist after snapping at steak a month ago or so. 

Edited by ENO75

At $100/month it's not surprising servers come and go. That's a good chunk of change for a dead server so why keep it running?

I know it doesn't help much right now, but when persistence is fixed, keep an eye open for another Welcome to the Jungle server, we will have it open to the public most of the time, but occasionally we plan to password protect it for special events, and we will do our best to let players know when it will happen so you can get all your stuff packed up. Hang in there!