Sign in to follow this  
trtk

There are Zero Reasons to Use an M4

Just what the title says. Let's compare the M4 with the AKM:

- much rarer (heli sites vs any barracks; same with the attachments)

- lower damage (damage in standalone is based on the cartridge fired - AK's cartridge much more dmging than 5.56)

- same accuracy assuming all attachments optimal

There is quite literally no reason to use the M4. It's a much rarer, less damaging AKM with less common ammo and attachments. So... ???

Why is it exclusive to heli crash sites while AKMs can be gotten from military spawns in general?

M4 is a western rifle in a non western setting thus helo crash spawn and rarity.

The m4 is also much more modular than the akm and the in game akm is far too modular.

The akm in game should not take side rail accessories as only the rare akmn had a side rail.

Just what the title says. Let's compare the M4 with the AKM:

- much rarer (heli sites vs any barracks; same with the attachments)

- lower damage (damage in standalone is based on the cartridge fired - AK's cartridge much more dmging than 5.56)

- same accuracy assuming all attachments optimal

There is quite literally no reason to use the M4. It's a much rarer, less damaging AKM with less common ammo and attachments. So... ???

Why is it exclusive to heli crash sites while AKMs can be gotten from military spawns in general?

This is absolutely 100% right. As I've said before, if you do happen to find an M4, just PM me and I'll arrange to pick it up and throw it into the sea for you.

• Like 4

M4A1 has less recoil than the AKM and 5.56x45mm ammo is more common than the 7.62x39mm (everyone takes it for the SKS and AKM).

If you want to spray and pray, the M4A1 is your best bet of hitting your target.

Edited by Quackdot

Why use either when there are plenty of Mosins and Long Range Scopes kicking around? I'll leave the spray 'n' pray until after they've fixed desync.

Ak101 is king imo but m4 is not a bad gun.

Honestly easier to get an m4 kitted out than find a single pso or ak bayonet at this point though

I will take an M4 over all guns, but that's just down to personal preference. I don't care about stats, I just like the way it looks and it's never failed me in a firefight (which happen quite often).

M4 > AK101 > AUG > AK74 > AKM but that's just me.

From experience, the M4 is far more controllable in both full automatic fire and it has the option for semi (the AKM does not). It also has the option for RDS style optics, which are far superior to the basic iron sights of the AKM. And the ACOG is a lot more versatile in use than the PSO, which completely blocks your peripheral vision and can be difficult to use.

Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.