theswedishcathead

Chance of becoming Infected/Zombie (Non controllable) (Not walking dead)

Chance of becoming infected

Alright hear me out guys, i've seen threads like these a million times, it has been suggested i know, but this is not like everyone elses suggestions.

I know the zombies/infected in this game are not living dead, they are alive humans with a disease, a rage virus much like rabies. Alot of influence come from the movie 28 days later (best zombie movie in my opinion) So let's say we make them work like that in DayZ, if you get bitten, or get the infecteds blood in you you become one of them, not a 100% chance of course, if you already dead or been killed by a other player you cannot become infected, snice this isn't the living dead. Let's say a few people can spawn as immune as we are now, like blood types work. Some are some are not. I think this would enhance the survival experience of dayz, and would encourge trust, and group teamwork. But also it would make alot more people fear of becoming infected, thus making dayz more of a zombie experience than it is right now. Alright that's about it, let me hear your thoughts about this, i'm really happy to hear everyones thoughts, if it's good or not let me know. (A little off topic, i've not done threads alot before so i'm not really sure how things work so bare with me.)

In short although more ideas.

#1 Players become zombies if they get bitten or get blood in them. Not 100% chance.

#2 Players cannot become zombies, if shot dead or died of other causes.

#3 It follows the dayz lore, although a few minor changes.

#4 If infected it takes 10 seconds to become a zombie. (My opinion since of 28 days later movie, can be changable to any extent.)

#5 Instead of saying "You are dead." it says "You are infected."

#6 Not controllable zombies. You become a NPC.

#7 Your face textures change to a infected (Much like clothing damage work currently)

I can expect the devs to make some changes, if they've decided to add this feature, such as not being immune at all. 

Please give your ideas aswell in the comment section, i'll be happy to see them, or if you don't want it all just tell me.

Edited by Henrik115
  • Like 1

my Swedish fellow, this will not be added. 

my Swedish fellow, this will not be added. 

Times can change my "Swedish fellow".  I've heard the developers say survivors will never become zombies. But that doesn't mean they can change their minds. Although i've like to hear your thoughts, not if it's added or not.

They are pretty static on keeping the zombies and survivors separate. These zombies have a rage virus, not your average dark force that raises the dead. According to green mountain tales, the virus was chemically induced. However, these survivors we play, much like the L4D characters, are immune.

While we appreciate the time you took to write this, it is better if you use the search function, as this has been suggested quite a few times.

Edited by SFRGaming
  • Like 1

They are pretty static on keeping the zombies and survivors separate. These zombies have a rage virus, not your average dark force that raises the dead. According to green mountain tales, the virus was chemically induced. However, these survivors we play, much like the L4D characters, are immune.

While we appreciate the time you took to write this, it is better if you use the search function, as this has been suggested quite a few times.

Indeed it has, but if you read everything you can clearly see that i state that these are not the "Living dead" But infected humans with a rage virus. I'm saying here there is a chance of becoming infected. Also a chance of being immune and not immune, much like how the blood types work when you spawn. This is how i want it to work, to fit the lore, and change it up a little. 1. Chances of becoming infected are either being bitten or getting contacted with the blood. 2. NOT being dead then coming back from the dead, much like the walking dead.  As i said on the post "I know this posted a million times" But all the threads i've seen are suggesting the walking dead type of becoming infected. This thread is not that case and is not like them. I've searched many times for this and found everything suggesting living dead coming back zombies. Read it again although i appreciate you coming here to tell me.

simply put. no.

I'm fine with your opinion, but personally i think this could be in a mod somewhere in the near future, why wouldn't the fear of becoming infected be a good idea? I'll be just like the 28 days later movie. But i'll really want to know your thoughts in more detail, than just a "no" :)

I actually like this idea. Imagine running in to your infected previous character :)

Also : it would provide people with a reason to go out and kill infected because they might carry good loot on them from the time when they where still survivors. And if you are dead, you are dead and have to start over anyway. What does it matter if your character becomes an infected or not. The only problem is getting your gear back from your previous self.

Also : it would encourage people to team up and kill zombies with bullets instead of using them on each other, as the fear of getting bitten increases.

You can be immune to an airborne virus, and still become infected by getting a mutated strain from a bite (getting the strain in your bloodstream).

This would also open up some cool torture possibilities for bandits : Giving infected blood to their victims for example.

I understand why people would dislike it as well tho. But good read !

getting your gear back from your infected previous self would be a nice metagame. Imagine that infected roam from town to town. You could let yourself get killed, then respawn, and run around looking for your previous character to kill it off and get your gear back. Asking other survivors : "have you seen a zombie with a pink baseball cap and a riders jacket?"... LOL

Edited by nillie
  • Like 1

I'm fine with your opinion, but personally i think this could be in a mod somewhere in the near future, why wouldn't the fear of becoming infected be a good idea? I'll be just like the 28 days later movie. But i'll really want to know your thoughts in more detail, than just a "no" :)

the devs have said multiple times that this will never be implemented so sure it could be a mod but if you want player zombies go play Contagion.

the devs have said multiple times that this will never be implemented so sure it could be a mod but if you want player zombies go play Contagion.

Oh i know that, the devs can always change their minds though, but if it ever gets added, this is way to do it, not the walking dead way like everyone else suggests. I've played that game, i did not like it very much to be honest, i didn't play it becuase of player zombies. If DayZ had this though, it would enhance the horror of getting infected, i mean why not? Although i respect your opinion and others who do not like aswell. :)

I actually like this idea. Imagine running in to your infected previous character :)

Also : it would provide people with a reason to go out and kill infected because they might carry good loot on them from the time when they where still survivors. And if you are dead, you are dead and have to start over anyway. What does it matter if your character becomes an infected or not. The only problem is getting your gear back from your previous self.

Also : it would encourage people to team up and kill zombies with bullets instead of using them on each other, as the fear of getting bitten increases.

You can be immune to an airborne virus, and still become infected by getting a mutated strain from a bite (getting the strain in your bloodstream).

This would also open up some cool torture possibilities for bandits : Giving infected blood to their victims for example.

I understand why people would dislike it as well tho. But good read !

getting your gear back from your infected previous self would be a nice metagame. Imagine that infected roam from town to town. You could let yourself get killed, then respawn, and run around looking for your previous character to kill it off and get your gear back. Asking other survivors : "have you seen a zombie with a pink baseball cap and a riders jacket?"... LOL

I'm glad that you agree with me! This is exactly what i want aswell! :)

I do like your Idea it makes the infected something to fear a bit more than they are now and I don't see anything in your suggestion about playing your infected character.  Although I do agree that they should not let you play as an infected person.  Just let your character be one more of the many infected the server controls.

I would personally really like this feature. But not until the "zeds" get a real and working implementation. Your suggestion follows what the DayZ infected people have in there blood. Much like a rage virus like you said. And that about some being immune, and some not, would really make the world and the character come alive a bit more. Everybody have different conditions and you will have to try and live through that, much like in real life! 

Also, since you don't know if you're immune or not when you first start your journey on the beach, no one will kill themselves because they are not immune, since they don't know. In my opinion there should not even be a way of knowing for sure that you are immune until you get attacked and should "turn" but do not.

Beans to you!

P.S: I'm also from Sweden ;)