Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Recalibrate Check Pulse

In my opinion, check pulse is a bit strange in its current state. Every encounter is someone getting super close to check pulse. I don't want people getting close and want to keep an acceptable distance to preserve survival and it turns into running away more times than not. It doesn't feel real to me. So hey, your heart-rate 75 bpm and your name is Joe Shit The Ragman?

As a start/experiment, maybe calibrate check-pulse for dead or knocked out players?

Yup, I second this. Was talking to some dude who somehow already new my name and I was a little blown away when he told me that it was because he checked my pulse. Dude was standing like 3-5 feet in front of me. If there's no animation for some guy reaching out and trying to touch me, I would prefer it not to happen. Because otherwise, I would be like ewe, get your filthy hands off me you damn dirty ape!

Edited by JubeiDOK
  • Like 1

I wish it was possible to check pulse on a body and find out the name of the person, even if it was killed longer that 30 seconds before...
Cause "Unknown identity" isn't exactly the most information giving sentence.

Edited by Warhoax

I wish it was possible to check pulse on a body and find out the name of the person, even if it was killed longer that 30 seconds before...

Cause "Unknown identity" isn't exactly the most information giving sentence.

Or there would an option to check their dogtags to find out the name.

Or there would an option to check their dogtags to find out the name.

Dogtags? We're not playing soldiers here (well, a lot of us are, but that's beside the point).

Personally, I don't even like people finding out my name by checking my pulse. If I had an ID, I'd chuck it first chance I got.

Dogtags? We're not playing soldiers here (well, a lot of us are, but that's beside the point).

Personally, I don't even like people finding out my name by checking my pulse. If I had an ID, I'd chuck it first chance I got.

or they could check the name tag your mother has sewn into all your underwear
  • Like 1

or they could check the name tag your mother has sewn into all your underwear

A true survivor goes commando.