Sign in to follow this  
daystodaze

Server Hoppers Plus A Video On Peaches.

So I wanted to see just how many of you guys serve hop... and for you to justify it. (if this is in the wrong place please move it mods, thanks, im new here)

I understand the allure of constantly server hopping, however I  much prefer to test myself and refrain from doing so. Ill always kill on sight if I know they are server hopping to pick up loot and avoid combat.

I died at the new prison island due to a couple of russian server hoppers getting the jump on me.
I overheard a couple more server hoppers who logged in as i died.

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 3

Post edited, please read the rules prior to posting.  The video can stay, as I find it quite humorous keep the server hop chit chat civil.

Thanks, and of course, ill get right on it..... And all us survivors are civil don't you know. ;)

I don't try to justify it. I just find it convenient.

What, you mean sort of like shoplifting. All the reward without the hard work?

on public server you can serverhop for trucks, loot, helicrashes,combatlogging, etc. either way , without considering any moral or ethic aspect, is OK , cuz anyone can do it, so its not like it is ''unfair'' because even you can do it, in public i like to go vyvorg and find broken persistence server with loot inside more loot (loot-ception), also prision on public on a high pop server is a death trap, i,ve seen at least 10 people logging in the server behind me and my friends inside dat shit, thats why i server hop prety much, cuz i can, other people can, easy to go ( i can tell that ive died on miliary zones when server hopping by other hopers and vice versa.

My advice, use the server hope on public. but if you dont like that drill, get on a private server, they are my favorite, cuz you really need to struggle every house and military base with the high risk of finding another squad doing the same to get some decent loot, and in private servers you will find people actually swiming to the prision island, cuz on public you go on low pop, swim across, and log back in in a high pop.

I honestly don't think server hopping is a big deal, I don't do it but I don't see why it's a big deal. 1. it's a game. 2. it's stuff inside a game. 3. you can just wait for the server to reset. 4. there are so many other places to look for loot.

• Like 1

the closest i get is camping a military loot area until the server restarts so i can get good loot, but i never jump from server to server, whats the point, this game isn't all about shooting people like the mod but alot seem to forget this and constantly hop for better guns etc. If you hop you aint playing the game the way it was designed to be played, may as well be hacking duping all the same in my eyes

Post edited, please read the rules prior to posting.  The video can stay, as I find it quite humorous keep the server hop chit chat civil.

Video removed, others did not find it funny, carry on.

I might add though that I don't server hop in combat. I do it for loot purposes.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd
  • Like 1

We can not blame anyone for server hoping. They join a lower population server to avoid being ganked by guys like me. I like to pvp

Sometimes its to re gear up. Sometimes they join in behind you. But we cant blame people for joining into a public server to loot up or be alone.

Some just want the cool looking loot, and avoid others from killing them.

People like me will run around looking for people to kill, and then be labeled as a bandit or whatever and if your in the way opps sorry to be you. If I am kill then my bad.

I don't blame someone for re-looting up in fact I encourage it so you can try to kill me. (just sucks when they are behind you is all)

Just saying its all good.

• Like 1

Most of all I like to find bugs, submit them so we can have a polished finished game soon. With loads of cool items, and 10000 players on a server, all killing each other.

There is a pretty good burn center in Atlanta Georgia if your rump is that roasted. People server hop, it is a way for people to get decently easy gear when they want to gear up quick, it has its own risks and rewards. Not everyone plays the game like you.

If the devs did not intend for people to server hop then there would not be a shared hive.

Personally, I play on only private hive servers, its like having multiple saves so I can hop onto one character with my AK and great gear or I can hop on another with a magnum and a truck or I have another where I just stay fresh and fight on the coast. I can play any way I want with minimum prep time and there are like 15 good private servers that stay full most of the time.

• Like 1

I also hope more join private servers. They can make as many characters as they want. Just some like ours have steam whitelisting to protect players and the game they play. Some like to RP others like to PVP we have both. Some like to server hop and look for cool choppers. Hey I am all fine with that and don't mind contributing to everything. I hope to see more play the pvp aspect and go on with clan wars.

I want my pvp server to be full of complexes and clans running around going to war. Fragging the hell out of each other. They will need a RP/PVE server to re gear up. I don't mind putting my money towards that because it promotes fun. Server hoping is ok with many of us. Gear is just that gear. You die you need it asap if you want to pvp, we need a loot server.

Minimum with or without help 1 hr. in most short term cases to semi or mostly gear up. Otherwise it can take 4 hrs. of game time to hit the loot locations without server hoping.

Don't see why its a huge deal, Since half of the items are not repopulating in the game and its alpha testing.

Maybe when they fix it so we don't need to server hop like full looting rights and everything working the way its intended then maybe we don't need to have server hoping but time delays between logins and out.?

I also hope more join private servers. They can make as many characters as they want. Just some like ours have steam whitelisting to protect players and the game they play. Some like to RP others like to PVP we have both. Some like to server hop and look for cool choppers. Hey I am all fine with that and don't mind contributing to everything. I hope to see more play the pvp aspect and go on with clan wars.

I want my pvp server to be full of complexes and clans running around going to war. Fragging the hell out of each other. They will need a RP/PVE server to re gear up. I don't mind putting my money towards that because it promotes fun. Server hoping is ok with many of us. Gear is just that gear. You die you need it asap if you want to pvp, we need a loot server.

Minimum with or without help 1 hr. in most short term cases to semi or mostly gear up. Otherwise it can take 4 hrs. of game time to hit the loot locations without server hoping.

Don't see why its a huge deal, Since half of the items are not repopulating in the game and its alpha testing.

Maybe when they fix it so we don't need to server hop like full looting rights and everything working the way its intended then maybe we don't need to have server hoping but time delays between logins and out.?

I understand that it's obviously something the devs expect to happen but it pains me.

I've spent a lot of time on my server looting the new island in standalone, and I'll hunt down the server hoppers. mainly because Most of them will just log again as soon as they run into me. I hate that.

They may as well play offline you know?!

the amoun of times I've wen close to a military spawn, like really close. And yet it's been looted right after a restart excuse people are just switching to servers they know have just been restarted. Looting and then logging right away.

I just feel like there should be something like a longer wait when re logging to put people off.

I'm currently in the process of making a game and this is something I'll be making sure I resolve before it's released.

I'm open to a discussion on the matter but I feel like it's a problem right now.

Also the game is suppose to be hard, like the mod for instance, severs are hived in pairs where they have opposite times of day. That's a start.

loot should be hard to come by. like antibiotics in the vanilla mod etc...

Edited by days to daze

If you have to server hop you're just really bad at the game. There is no sugar coating it. So once you can admit you're terrible at DayZ, people can stop making threads like this.

• Like 4

I understand that it's obviously something the devs expect to happen but it pains me.

I've spent a lot of time on my server looting the new island in standalone, and I'll hunt down the server hoppers. mainly because Most of them will just log again as soon as they run into me. I hate that.

They may as well play offline you know?!

the amoun of times I've wen close to a military spawn, like really close. And yet it's been looted right after a restart excuse people are just switching to servers they know have just been restarted. Looting and then logging right away.

I just feel like there should be something like a longer wait when re logging to put people off.

I'm currently in the process of making a game and this is something I'll be making sure I resolve before it's released.

I'm open to a discussion on the matter but I feel like it's a problem right now.

Also the game is suppose to be hard, like the mod for instance, severs are hived in pairs where they have opposite times of day. That's a start.

loot should be hard to come by. like antibiotics in the vanilla mod etc...

Restarts are irrelevant if the server is persistent, which, in my experience, the vast majority of pub servers are (though some claim not to be). A persistent server with looted military bases will still have looted military bases after the restart, hell they will likely be looted forever because persistence is complete useless at the moment unless you are on a full pop server. On low pop servers all the loot seems to pile up in one place in each region of the map.

A lot of the private servers I play are non persistent, I keep note of when they restart and when I am about to join a server I always go for the one that just restarted, the best fights are at the prison right after a restart, so many people frantically running around trying to gear up and get out, its a real gorefest.

If you have to server hop you're just really bad at the game. There is no sugar coating it. So once you can admit you're terrible at DayZ, people can stop making threads like this.

I admit I'm terrible at DayZ. :)

:(

I actually found it a little funny. Not "haha" funny, but funny as in that "it put a smirk on my face and made me think along the lines of 'peaches and anus jokes are pretty immature, and I wouldn't want anyone to see me laugh at this in public'" funny.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd
  • Like 1

i liked the old 300 sec timer. 

Made hopping and ghosting way harder.

Edited by Krawallkurt

Apart from the total removal of public servers, which is rather drastic, does anybody have a sensible way to combat (pardon the pun) this server hopping exploit ? I am sure the DEVS did not want the game to be player / abused this way.

Any ideas for the think tank ? 

Apart from the total removal of public servers, which is rather drastic, does anybody have a sensible way to combat (pardon the pun) this server hopping exploit ? I am sure the DEVS did not want the game to be player / abused this way.

Any ideas for the think tank ?

it's abused no more than the gamma exploit, FoV slider exploit and 3pp wall peeking, so yes, this seems to be intended considering the devs said they want people to hop servers for finding parts.