marcelo7421

The Instruction at 0x00d1b2e2 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read

I think this crash is related to some modification in your cfg files... I crashed all morning but my squadmate didn't... They never changed their settings via notepad and stuff.

I erased every cfg file in my dayz file and restored it back launching the game... Haven't crashed in like 3h hour straight. (on the downside i lost the 20ish fps i won tweaking everything :( )

It's funny how you get punished for tweaking a game to your benefit.. because fuck you. I've done the exact same thing and i keep getting crashes because of it, re-installing right now.

It's funny how you get punished for tweaking a game to your benefit.. because fuck you. I've done the exact same thing and i keep getting crashes because of it, re-installing right now.

reinstall won't remove the tweaks you did 

reinstall won't remove the tweaks you did 

Well this can be true sometimes when a game is uninstalled the files won't get deleted but there is a faster solution to restore your DayZ.cfg file. Since I did a few tweaks to mine I though I would reset this file. I deleted it and did a verify cache which did not work. I then started the game and a new DayZ.cfg file was created. I did need to reset the screen resolution and a few other graphics settings but it did do the job.

WARNING: If you do this your screen will be running in a 640 by 480 resolution, the default for the game, your game will look horrible. It can be changed in game its just difficult to read the menus. You could also just alter the DayZ.cfg by hand to set your resolution.

Just a thought, lots of fps optimization guides will have you change memory options in Steam launch parameters, so try removing all of your memory related launch params (uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't remove launch params because they are saved in Steam not Dayz).   Especially get rid of the "-winxp" parameter, I think it's obsolete since .53

This worked for me! Thanks alot - I can now play my favorite game again... I think it has something to do with the update that just came out

• Like 1

Just a thought, lots of fps optimization guides will have you change memory options in Steam launch parameters, so try removing all of your memory related launch params (uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't remove launch params because they are saved in Steam not Dayz).   Especially get rid of the "-winxp" parameter, I think it's obsolete since .53

Bingo.

Almost the same mem error as Mercy Killing.

The instruction at 0xx00d34ee8 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read

Did a Mem check with various tools. Nothing wrong.

Was about to send BE a message for support when I came across the message on the startup properties for DayZ.

In the pre .54 time having stated properties helped. But now, at .55 some of em don't work anymore.

Mine where:

-window -nosplash -noPause -winxp -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=3 -maxMem=6144

Getting ride of the -winxp solved the issue on my mem error message.

I could delete all apart from the first three, as this smoothens going into the game.

What caused the error to appear?

Could well be a change of videocard and new video drivers.

Going from Ati MSI 7970 to Nvidia MSI GTX 970.

Thanks Gary.

Edited by Ice.
  • Like 1

Get rid of all launch parameters, also add -oldui 

this is what helped me play the game but i don't know why :D

although try to run the game with DayZ.exe and not DayZ_BE.exe and if you have no issue with that, contact batttleeye to help. 

Hello when i try to join a server the game crashes the error is (tranlated from german ): Cant weite memory 0x0064...

Sry im german and Bad in english

Just bought this game and can't even play.  I get a huge blurry cursor, then the company logo and then the DayZ logo but then it crashes and I'm getting this message

The instruction at 0x00d5a4a3 referenced memory at 0x00000008. The memory could not be read. Click ok to terminate the program.

Is there any fix to this?  I have no launch parameters.  I've spent about 2 hours looking online for solutions but nothing seems to work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Bought from steam.

post-231183-0-05520600-1433308877_thumb.

Edited by dmon2010

I saw somewhere the reports of setting processor affinity to realtime for the dayz client fixing this, any word?

Edited by MotleyKoop

I saw somewhere the reports of setting processor affinity to realtime for the dayz client fixing this, any word?

Not process processor affinity, process priority is what you mean.

Process processor affinity restricts the game process to only run on select cores, process priority suggests to (does not force) windows to prioritize the game above all other processes, including important windows processes, like networking. This can introduce network lag, and application hangs. It can also cause crashes when certain functions the game relies on take longer to complete due to the game's CPU cycles taking precedent over said functions.

Edited by Hydranix

Having the same issue except my memory addresses in the error are the same. I've made a thread https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/229295-very-strange-launching-situation/ <-here that completely and thoroughly details what I've done and what's been going on. So far I'm stuck without much progress beyond the fact that running it in compatibility mode with XP SP2 gets me to the "I Understand" page but then crashes immediately after. Even getting to that page is not guaranteed, considering most times I attempt to run it, it just freezes at a black screen anyway (but it doesn't print the error message at least when it does freeze).