Sign in to follow this  
peetar27

Craftable Crossbow bolts

I play alot of DayzRP, so I roll with the crossbow alot. But bolts are so damn rare and sparse to find. Crossbolts should really be craftable. Also, ontop of that, they should be able to stack into 10's instead of just fives.

Meh, any "crafted" wood bolts will likely shatter into pieces. They aren't thick medieval-style "bolts" modern crossbows use, they are merely short arrows. If you got some high quality strong dowels you might fashion some that would manage to hold up. But if you're on DayZRP you may as well go with the improvised bow since PVP is not a factor.

Hmmm, crafted bolts.. I dunno about this.. i know its just a game but crafted bolts sounds a bit off.. My uncle owns a kick arse crossbow and upon investigation of the bolts they seem like the design is quite unique as in imitating them would need to be done by some kind of "Bushmaster, man bear pig of the outback"

Having said this... I havent had alot of trouble hunting for bolts.. infact, in my opinion I think the rareness is about as good as it should be.. i think i have found perhaps 10 in say 4-7 hrs of game play.. then again thats a rough estimate for the time frame of finding them.

I like it the way it currently is.. I would prefer the crossbow and its parts/ammo to stay the way it is to be honest (spawn rate, tho it will be more rare in the future ^_^).. just to keep that little bit of notoriety it has because it doesnt spawn anywhere near as much as most other weapons in my experience.

I think it being one of the rarer weapons makes it that more admirable when you see someone with it :D

I think the issue is the rarity of the bolts. Otherwise, there would be no need to craft them. The optical site for the crossbow is relatively easy to find. The crossbow, itself, is pretty rare. I have no complaints so far. I must not be as lucky as the rest of you, because I probably average one bolt for about every ten hours of game play. With such restricted availability of ammunition, the crossbow is rendered irrelevant. This is a shame, because I have a stealthy play style, so the crossbow holds a lot of appeal for me. Too bad that it's just not practical. Hopefully this will change when the new loot economy is implemented.

I would like to see craftable bolts.  I don't believe the rubbish.  You can make sharpened sticks that are straight for arrows, so you can definitely make bolts.  They are long and straight pointed sticks...just add something for extra difficulty if it's needed.  I don't really see the problem.  You find a box of 308, you've got 20 shots...1 lil slot.  With all the junk I carry around for cooking tasty animals to cook, I can get away with maybe 20 bolts.  I mean, guns have a range advantage, and ammo advantage.  Even if I go crazy and start crafting bolts, I have a longer reload time than you do, less range, and I won't get to fire half the shots you do.  Mine won't attract zombies though or scare off the tasty animals...definitely should be craftable though.