Sign in to follow this  
Nismicle

PC wont run Dayz

Good day Community...

My name is Dave and im a huge fan of survival games...

I have a problem, i bought Dayz, installed it and a black screen showed up with my mouse on it, the mouse changed to a pixeled blue circle... everything was very big.

everything was in pixels... so the DAYZ logo showed up and up in the left corner it said Wait a moment...

i could hear birds and the nature behind, but all i saw was the starting welcome logo of dayz... all in pixels no hd...

i waited for 20 min but still nothing, just the sounds and the same logo... nothing happened...

I would be glad if someone would know what the problem is?

My PC:

Processor: Intel® Corei7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40GHz

RAM: 8.00GB (have 7.89GB)

System type: 64-bit

Windows 7 Ultimate

Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Nvidia Geforce 610M

Looking forward for solutions...

Cheers, Dave!

Edited by Nismicle
  • Like 1

Not sure whats wrong but your setup cant run Dayz well..maybe on low.

Well yes i would like to put settings to low but i cant get to the Menu thats the problem... anyways thanks.

I would first go here and make sure your drivers are up to date. Then if you still have the same issue you will need to do some config file editing ala http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/203970-resolution-problems-read-here-before-posting/

thanks u for the guide, ill try that out... and yes my drivers are up to date, i factory resetted my PC a week ago and i installed drivers and stuff... Intel(newest) and Nvidia Geforce 610M. I installed and deleted the game 3 times, everytime the same problem. So you mean i should install the game and then go to the directory? So i will lower/high up the resolution, but i still wont get to the MENU...

thanks u for the guide, ill try that out... and yes my drivers are up to date, i factory resetted my PC a week ago and i installed drivers and stuff... Intel(newest) and Nvidia Geforce 610M. I installed and deleted the game 3 times, everytime the same problem. So you mean i should install the game and then go to the directory? So i will lower/high up the resolution, but i still wont get to the MENU...

You need to run the game one time after install so that it will generate the config files ( I realize it won't start all the way but doesn't need to) and then open up the dayz.cfg in your documents folder to manually change the resolution and then save it.  It sounds like the game is trying to start up in a resolution your computer doesn't like possibly, so hopefully after you make this change you should be able to get to the menu.

Edited by SaveMeJebus
  • Like 2

Well yes i would like to put settings to low but i cant get to the Menu thats the problem... anyways thanks.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000-Benchmarked.73567.0.html

- this link is to a page 3 years old already.

your graphics card is your first problem

try setting it to 1024x768 (or 800x600) and turn off all the extras. Make sure your set of motherboard drivers are up to date (the whole set you get with the machine - update them).

From 3 years ago: ... "" Casual gamers who can live with low resolution gaming, disabled AA and  subdued graphical eye candy may find the HD 4000 perfectly fine. "" ...

There IS a menu on your machine for the HD 4000 but its not great, (but if you find it, it will then let you get to the DayZ onscreen menu). Check the web to find out how to call up the menu, if you can't find it on your box, download it all from the INTEL 4000 site - or your PC motherboard site - or from any other site you can find it.

If you look on the web, you will find MUCH discussion about integrated graphics, AND about your 4000 card, PLUS pages of troubleshooting and "how tos"

Mainly - IMO - there is only ONE way to go -  if your machine is really a PC and not a laptop, buy yourself a real graphics card and plug it in.. any medium level plugin card will do a lot better than this 4000; You will NOT regret it...

Serious question - what games CAN you play on this ?

xx pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-4000-Benchmarked.73567.0.html

- this link is to a page 3 years old already.

your graphics card is your first problem

try setting it to 1024x768 (or 800x600) and turn off all the extras. Make sure your drivers are up to date.

From 3 years ago: ... "" Casual gamers who can live with low resolution gaming, disabled AA and  subdued graphical eye candy may find the HD 4000 perfectly fine. "" ...

There IS a menu on your machine for the HD 4000 but its not great, (but if you find it, it will then let you get to the DayZ onscreen menu). Check the web to find out where it is, or download it all from the INTEL 4000 site - or your PC site - or from any other site you can find it.

If you look on the web, you will find MUCH discussion about integrated graphics, AND about your 4000 card, PLUS pages of troubleshooting and "how tos"

Mainly - IMO - there is only ONE way to go -  if your machine is really a PC and not a laptop, buy yourself a real graphics card and plug it in.. any medium level plugin card will do a lot better than this 4000; You will NOT regret it...

Serious question - what games CAN you play on this ?

xx pilgrim

He has an nvidia 610m

He has an nvidia 610m

ah yes you are right:

.. AND an Intel® HD Graphics 4000

my mistake.

so - he could do as I propose -  except do it with whichever card he has plugged into his screen.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-610M.63759.0.html

seems like his plugin card is about as good as his integrated card? Let's try to help the dude in the simplest way possible.

xx

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

For the people saying it's his Intel integrated chip's fault, it isn't. I play this game on an Intel HD 3000 (admit it; you winced reading that) and never had any trouble getting the game started.

Have you:

1. Edited your config files out of game? There's 2; investigate both.

2. Forced Optimus to use your Nvidia GPU? Have you forced Optimus to use your Intel chip? (So we can clarify which card is being used)

3. Have you tried all the compatibility options and launch options? (Admin, compatibility mode, 256 colors, et cetera)

4. Have you opened the game, tabbed out and back in? Or ALT + ENTER (or other available hotkeys)? To change resolution back to native, then back to the game?

• Like 2

^

nice... I would have used over half a page to say that and probably left something out.

(cont)

5. Do you have a history of issues? If so, with what titles? Have you successfully played ArmA 2, 3? OPF?

6. Can you confirm you have no other software running that could potentially harm your experience? Maybe a 1337 "gamebooster," a special themes manager? Do you have an obnoxious computer theme that goes "bloop" every time you open a new folder and a mouse cursor that looks like a clown, burdened by existentialism until his application reminds him of the so essential function he performs in your life, only to ultimately realize that he's deeply unsatisfied by said existence and his depression is yet worsened by the ensuing ennui?

7. Are the results of launching the game consistent? (The same errors happen every time at about the same speed?)

8. Have you done anything to your DayZ install, like install it on a fancy partition or SSD away from Steam?

9. Most importantly and probably the most likely, right-click on your desktop and open whatever the Hell Nvidia calls their thing (Nvidia Experience?) and confirm it hasn't set anything for DayZ. The Nvidia Experience is notoriously poor with ArmA 3, in which it will set all of your graphics to absurd values and give you a 9 billion mile view distance; I am curious if it has done something similar to your DayZ without your knowledge. Similarly, right-click and click Graphic Properties or Graphic Options (I don't remember which, but one of them is the Intel equivalent to Nvidia's thing). I've never used a PC with an Intel HD 4K in it, so I have no idea how different their control panel might be, but look around (DON'T mess around) for anything that might affect your game. Unless there's some special setup you can't live without, look for any "default" buttons and use them.

• Like 2

You need to run the game one time after install so that it will generate the config files ( I realize it won't start all the way but doesn't need to) and then open up the dayz.cfg in your documents folder to manually change the resolution and then save it.  It sounds like the game is trying to start up in a resolution your computer doesn't like possibly, so hopefully after you make this change you should be able to get to the menu.

Thank u very much, ill try that today and tell u if it worked...

(cont)

5. Do you have a history of issues? If so, with what titles? Have you successfully played ArmA 2, 3? OPF?

6. Can you confirm you have no other software running that could potentially harm your experience? Maybe a 1337 "gamebooster," a special themes manager? Do you have an obnoxious computer theme that goes "bloop" every time you open a new folder and a mouse cursor that looks like a clown, burdened by existentialism until his application reminds him of the so essential function he performs in your life, only to ultimately realize that he's deeply unsatisfied by said existence and his depression is yet worsened by the ensuing ennui?

7. Are the results of launching the game consistent? (The same errors happen every time at about the same speed?)

8. Have you done anything to your DayZ install, like install it on a fancy partition or SSD away from Steam?

9. Most importantly and probably the most likely, right-click on your desktop and open whatever the Hell Nvidia calls their thing (Nvidia Experience?) and confirm it hasn't set anything for DayZ. The Nvidia Experience is notoriously poor with ArmA 3, in which it will set all of your graphics to absurd values and give you a 9 billion mile view distance; I am curious if it has done something similar to your DayZ without your knowledge. Similarly, right-click and click Graphic Properties or Graphic Options (I don't remember which, but one of them is the Intel equivalent to Nvidia's thing). I've never used a PC with an Intel HD 4K in it, so I have no idea how different their control panel might be, but look around (DON'T mess around) for anything that might affect your game. Unless there's some special setup you can't live without, look for any "default" buttons and use them.

Thanks u for the guide, ill check that... :) and no i havent got any issues before... i dont have arma 2,3, none of gameboosters or anything like that...

yes the error happens every time i could say at the same time... i tried to look for a free version of dayz but unfortunately you cant get 1, so i bought one... but because of the error i pretty much dont know what do to right now... so many replies and guides, ill probably try the config 1 and put the resolution lower... when the game will start (if it will) ill put everything on low... hope it will work...

ah yes you are right:

.. AND an Intel® HD Graphics 4000

my mistake.

so - he could do as I propose -  except do it with whichever card he has plugged into his screen.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-610M.63759.0.html

seems like his plugin card is about as good as his integrated card? Let's try to help the dude in the simplest way possible.

xx

Thanks u for your generous reply :) i hope any of this stuff from u guys will work... really thankfull for your replies ;)

• Like 1

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detectwill this probably work? if i install it... i dont really know all the frases and words for pcs-laptops in english, because im from Slovenia...

first i installed intel off my asus computer site, then nvidia... (when i factory resetted my laptop)

what about this? is it the same as i already have installed or should i install it?

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detectwill this probably work? if i install it... i dont really know all the frases and words for pcs-laptops in english, because im from Slovenia...

first i installed intel off my asus computer site, then nvidia... (when i factory resetted my laptop)

what about this? is it the same as i already have installed or should i install it?

This will update any Intel drivers in your PC. It will NOT do any harm to use it.

But -  you say you have done this one week ago, so no need to do it again.

It will not update your NVidea card, it is only for Intel.

Perhaps you can look at the NVidea website and find the update for your Nvidia Geforce 610M. Did you do this already?

You say you used the factory reset disk - did the disk also update your Nvidea graphics card? It will do this if the Nvidea Geforce 610M was already in the computer when you bought it.

Or, did you buy the NVidea graphics card afterwards and add it in to the computer yourself? 

If you bought  Nvidia Geforce 610M after you bought the computer, go to the Nvidea website and get the newest driver.

Then do what Applejaxc says in number 9 in his post. I think what he says is a GOOD idea.

Then please tell us what happens?

Also -   What is the make and the name of your computer, please?

Also -  What version of DirectX do you have ? To find out, do this:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. Type  dxdiag  and then click OK.
  3. On the System tab, see the version of DirectX on the line called 'DirectX Version'
  4. On the DirectX Files tab, check the version information for each DirectX file.
  5. When you are finished checking, click Exit.

Edited by pilgrim